Author Topic: Jack Sabback..  (Read 20463 times)

NowhereInLife

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
Re: Jack Sabback..
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »
riding for stereo these days is like riding for webb trucks, it used to mean something to skate for such an original artistic musically inclined company now stereo is just a fucking joke like 90% of the other companies that infiltrate our worlds

the fuck are webb trucks?

no.

VincyPrincy

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
riding for stereo these days is like riding for webb trucks, it used to mean something to skate for such an original artistic musically inclined company now stereo is just a fucking joke like 90% of the other companies that infiltrate our worlds
[close]

no.

The fact that you don't know what Webb Trucks was, means you definitely don't know about the original Stereo. Therefore you shouldn't be in this thread, because you don't know how shitty Stereo truly is now.

evil swine

• Rep: 2
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2010, 06:03:50 AM »
The original Stereo was dope.  Jason Lee skating around in those white Airwalks busting the nicest 360 Flips.  Webb Trucks damn.  This made me start thinking about the A1 Meats video time to go looking through the VHS tapes.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no.
[close]

The fact that you don't know what Webb Trucks was, means you definitely don't know about the original Stereo. Therefore you shouldn't be in this thread, because you don't know how shitty Stereo truly is now.

you might be right, except that i like jack sabback's skating, am currently using (and liking) stereo wood, like their art direction, and don't live in the past. 

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2010, 06:12:27 AM »
also i just got some traffic wheels so am presently backing all parties involved hollaaa.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no.
[close]

Billy Marks rode for Webb Trucks.  Those trucks had a spider web design on it.

The Stereo we know now is eons better than '97 Stereo, with all due respect to Pete Eldridge, Brent Atchley, and JR Neves (R.I.P.). Shane Heyl, Danny Gonzalez, and Dustin Dollin? Come on now...
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:31 AM »
and a lot of those guys that were on right before it stopped in the late 90's were being forced on Stereo by DLX. So many people on here talk with such athority and actually have no idea, but I guess that's what a message board is, huh?
I need a coffee

dankradschwag

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
Didn't Danny and Mic-E get into fights over him trying to quit Stereo?

I'm skating a Stereo right now; I bought it cuz I liked the shape and the size and so far it's been a pretty solid board. Wouldn't compare it to DLX wood though.

VincyPrincy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no.
[close]

[close]

you might be right, except that i like jack sabback's skating, am currently using (and liking) stereo wood, like their art direction, and don't live in the past. 

You don't have a past

Dick Fingers

• Rep: -26
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
traffic is a great concept however it has quite possibly the worst direction, meaning none. It seems as if almost everyone on the teams hates each other, why would Rocky write that about Sabback. He turned down money to ride for traffic several years ago and now he has to pay some bills. Big deal, i would encourage him to leave. bobby puelo is quite possibly the worst human being alive, he hates everyone on the team and lives in a garbage can somewhere in williamsburg. albeit he is a good skateboarder, he is probably responsible for traffic not being able to reach a prominent place in skateboarding. which they deserve.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no.
[close]

[close]

[close]

You don't have a past

yeah the memory ain't what it used to be, gorilla ribs, 360 domes, i dunno?

it's a good thing because it seems to make some folks quite the bitter little skater.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:41 PM »
also i just got some traffic wheels so am presently backing all parties involved hollaaa.
get some cooler friends and et that shit for free
the working and paying man is a sucker
FREE MAX B
FREE MAX B

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
Stereo made a big mistake picking Antics Distribution because of Antic's sales manager.  One of the sketchiest people in the skate industry.  

Joe Mack

• Rep: -1
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:49 AM »
jack sabback rips

igotitforcheap

• Rep: -11
  • smooth as glass
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
bobby puleo is god. fuck this thread

sonny sharrock

• Rep: 4
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2010, 11:46:22 AM »
Stereo made a big mistake picking Antics Distribution because of Antic's sales manager.  One of the sketchiest people in the skate industry.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that knows about Antic's Sales Manager.