Author Topic: Skateboarding in Abandoned Facilities apprec thread.  (Read 2080 times)

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
    • proskates.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Skateboarding in Abandoned Facilities apprec thread.
« on: November 20, 2010, 08:02:04 AM »
Seeing that Parking Garage Apprec thread inspired me to make this one because we always used to have some kind of sketchy spot to skate when we were kids. We had the following in my home town.

• Sketchy hospital
  • Shopping mall
  • Abandoned prison
  • Elementary school

These places were fucking amazing to skate. There would always be stuff to set up and random homies coming through. Anyone else have places like this? Our elementary school spot was actually like a secret skatepark set up in the gym for a while until kids started defecating obscenely in the hallways and some faggot broke like 80 grand worth of shit.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skateboarding in Abandoned Facilities apprec thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »
used to have a TF on the top floor of an abandoned fridge factory, was the best times i've ever had skating i think. we lived like kings over there, there was so much stuff to build with, it was amazing.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
There's an abandoned car lot that I've been hitting up. A couple tires, pallets, some holes in the ground, and some plywood. It's nice and mellow. There's also an abandoned Circuit City with some nice little manny pads near by.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
When I started skating there was a Frank's nursery that went out of business. My friends who had already been skating a little while before me set it up in there with some manual pads, quarter pipes, rails and shit. Huge warehouse type abandoned building. We kept it a pretty top secret spot. Had to go in through the roof. The place was perfect. Totally abandoned with no security and all the lights worked. It was a bust eventually and they got security and then made it into a Best Buy. While it lasted it was the shit. Good crew, all night sessions, nearby construction sites to get stuff to build with.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 05:14:41 PM »
detroit, michigan.

FILIFE

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 06:15:08 AM »
detroit, michigan.

Talking of which there was a sick documentary on the BBC a while back  about Detroits abandoned motor industry and had all these abandoned buildings and urban explorers in it.
They went into this one factory and there was a blood stained carpet on the floor, the dude said it was what they put down when they have dog fights in those buildings.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »
There's an abandoned dairy/milk processing plant a few towns over from where I live, the place is practically made for skating. All kinds of weird and fun skateable architecture... I think some meth heads were trying to use it for a bit, but there was so much skate traffic that they bailed on it.

CaptainMorganFreeman

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
nice glad to hear that a bunch of people have this type of shit on the go..  I think we found a good one about 45 mins from the city which is amazing considering we haven't had an indoor park within 2 hours away in years. Some sort of airplane hanger or something.. gonna check it out this weekend.

If any of you guys have photos / footage of some of your secret spots that'd be hella tight.

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 11:13:13 AM »
multiple empty warehouses that had to be broken into throughout the course of like 5 years.
grom n proud

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
Abandoned shit is always better than some parking lots cause you can fuck shit up there , build with concrete , tear shit down ,
Brake windows randomly if you feel like it , and so on and on .
Fully backing this thread.
i think i was,anyways

tre killa

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »
wow this thread is great there is this abandon train station by my house its pretty fun but city workers came and capped everything.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
theres some footage of ours in there. we had a sick box, 2 quarterpipes, pole jam, manny pad, and assorted ramps. the place was so fun. it was in this wood distribution center that closed down but left all their wood there, so we built all the stuff with the wood they had. it was great since none of it costed us anything. it even had lights inside to. eventully the owner of the place came and threw everything out.

CaptainMorganFreeman

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
theres some footage of ours in there. we had a sick box, 2 quarterpipes, pole jam, manny pad, and assorted ramps. the place was so fun. it was in this wood distribution center that closed down but left all their wood there, so we built all the stuff with the wood they had. it was great since none of it costed us anything. it even had lights inside to. eventully the owner of the place came and threw everything out.

that tripped me out for a second. the blue pool spot looks almost identical to one we have and the warehouse spot was the exact same as the one I ended up checking out last week.. except there's a lack of grimy graffiti on it haha.

CLASSIFIED

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »
ABANDON PRISON!?!? yeah right thats a B film horror movie waiting to be made.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
all ive had is concrete foundations from buildings that marks fuck with thus ruining the spot

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:41:59 PM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
a year ago there was an abandoned fast food place near my house, like a block away.  we built a ledge inside and a really fucked up, janky, quarter pipe.  was the shit during the winter for us, until one day we walked in and some dudes were shooting up.  a few times being back  after the incident, some cops busted us while we were leaving and the four of us got 150 dollar tickets.   eventually they tore it down and built an autoshop.

RIP hoagie hut

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
a year ago there was an abandoned fast food place near my house, like a block away.  we built a ledge inside and a really fucked up, janky, quarter pipe.  was the shit during the winter for us, until one day we walked in and some dudes were shooting up.  a few times being back  after the incident, some cops busted us while we were leaving and the four of us got 150 dollar tickets.   eventually they tore it down and built an autoshop.

RIP hoagie hut dudes shootin up