Author Topic: do any of you have shoe companies you just won'y buy from?  (Read 22056 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: do any of you have shoe companies you just won'y buy from?
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2011, 04:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Shake Junt, Nike, Adidas, Converse.
[close]
Shake Junt is not a shoe company

colabs

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:28 AM »
Nike, Cons, Adidas.

Dear brands, please stay out of my skateboarding.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike, Cons, Adidas.
[close]

I'm fine with adidas and cons, but I'd like to see nike burn in hell

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

G.Lewis

« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2011, 11:30:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike, Cons, Adidas.
[close]

[close]

Nike owns converse.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike, Cons, Adidas.
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nike owns converse.
NAW REALLY I HAD NO FUCKING IDEA /sarcasm

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
88's, thank good they went out of business. Circa, Etnies, and dekline. They just don't do it for me.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:28 PM »
DC, Also, it's super hard for me to find a pair of Etnies that I would skate.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
The same as a lot of other people are saying - Nike, Adidas, Converse but also... gasp... Vans!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2011, 08:24:44 PM »
Nike, Cons, Adidas.

I, too am still a naive child at heart. Though when I was a kid I owned probably 10 pairs of the adidas torrents, cause' they were like 13 bucks a pair at this grocery store near the skatepark.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

HK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2011, 03:14:31 AM »
globe,circa,osiris,vox just all the ugly shoes. i dont really care about the big corparation stuff, i mean alot of these brands have been skated for years before they made skate specific shoes, and now theres all this hate.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
Fallen, Osiris, Duffs, Dekline, Ipath, Vox, and the worst one... Supra
I have the Dekline Archers and their the best shoe ive ever had, and i had vox, worst disition of my entire life.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

KatyPerry

• Rep: -1
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 11:05:13 PM »
never owned nikes, ive come close to getting some a few times. but i feel kind of guilty looking at nikes under my feet. ive had adidas and cons and i loved both of those and i wouldnt mind janoskis just to try
i am guilty of frequently purchasing vans though. i cant get enough of those TNT 5's

mattdun

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2011, 01:57:02 AM »
dc
etnies
dvs
globe
circa
lakai
fallen
supra

Albinskejt

• Rep: -6
  • Japp
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2011, 03:58:40 AM »
I've probably had at least a pair of every brand except for Osiris and Globe, mostly because they don't feel good. Lately I've been sticking to Adidas and Nike, they last me so much longer than say a pair of vans or any soletech shoe.
Check out my original thought: Chris Cole does some ugly tricks and has wack kit! I'm super edgy and interesting because of my controversial opinions.

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
DC
Supra

Are the only brands that really disgust me, with DC it's partly their customers (jocks who don't skate), and with Supra most of their shoes look so ridiculous that I cant even take them seriously.

But the list of shoe brands I simply don't care enough about to ever buy would be a lot longer.

Haha! Currently riding Supra Dixon,theyre really comfy. Still think the brand is lame though.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2011, 05:55:56 AM »
never owned nikes, ive come close to getting some a few times. but i feel kind of guilty looking at nikes under my feet. ive had adidas and cons and i loved both of those and i wouldnt mind janoskis just to try
i am guilty of frequently purchasing vans though. i cant get enough of those TNT 5's

Don't!! Once you try them every other shoe will suck

dankradschwag

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
i guess anything but ipaths nowadays just for backinthedays

FiftyScent

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »
niggas really be feelin GUILTY about wearing nikes, adidas, etc?

its a fuckin shoe. i mean really, QUALITY shoes at that. just because the companies arent 100% skateboarding doesnt make them evil. its fucking footwear, not a badge of credibility. ive had around 7-8 different pairs of nikes sb's & they've all been some of the best shoes ive skated in. the new dunks probably have the lightest & longest lasting cupsole on the market right now & its based off a basketball shoe. the thing about these bigger corporations is that they can use their exclusive tech & designs that work in other styles of footwear & make that into great skate shoes. the busenitz was based off dennis' favorite soccer cleat, and it was fuckin hit. nikes using that lunarlon shit from running shoes and implementing that into their shoes as well. that shit is dope. if companies outside of skateboarding wanna get in tha game all that i ask is that they come correct with their shit. with nike & adidas making some of the best shoes out right now & having super sick teams id say they've made their place in skateboarding. even if yall wanna say "oh but they have all the money for their marketing campaign, blah blah" you cant say that they havent put that shit to good use.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »

its a fuckin shoe. i mean really, QUALITY shoes at that. just because the companies arent 100% skateboarding doesnt make them evil. its fucking footwear, not a badge of credibility. ive had around 7-8 different pairs of nikes sb's & they've all been some of the best shoes ive skated in. the new dunks probably have the lightest & longest lasting cupsole on the market right now & its based off a basketball shoe. the thing about these bigger corporations is that they can use their exclusive tech & designs that work in other styles of footwear & make that into great skate shoes. the busenitz was based off dennis' favorite soccer cleat, and it was fuckin hit. nikes using that lunarlon shit from running shoes and implementing that into their shoes as well. that shit is dope. if companies outside of skateboarding wanna get in tha game all that i ask is that they come correct with their shit. with nike & adidas making some of the best shoes out right now & having super sick teams id say they've made their place in skateboarding. even if yall wanna say "oh but they have all the money for their marketing campaign, blah blah" you cant say that they havent put that shit to good use.

I skate pretty much only Janoskis, and yes.. I would have to say that Im feeling kind of guilty for buying Nike SB's. They dont need my money. I would rather prefer that some core company like HUF or something got my money, but the Janoskis are to good to give up.
You have to think about why these companys got into skateboarding.. Its not like they all of a sudden wanted to support skateboarding because its awesome, its because they realized that there was money to be made.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2011, 01:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skate pretty much only Janoskis, and yes.. I would have to say that Im feeling kind of guilty for buying Nike SB's. They dont need my money. I would rather prefer that some core company like HUF or something got my money, but the Janoskis are to good to give up.
You have to think about why these companys got into skateboarding.. Its not like they all of a sudden wanted to support skateboarding because its awesome, its because they realized that there was money to be made.

try the vans rowley SPV and youll change your mind

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Noted. I had the Rowley XLT's waay back. Loved them

FiftyScent

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

im not saying other companys dont make great shoes. half-cabs are still some of the best shoes around, but honestly most "core" companies have lesser quality materials & tech and just copy/paste other shoe designs. i love lakai as a brand, but the carroll selects i had were straight ass. as far as core skateboarding companies i fuck with eS, emerica, supra, and sometimes vans but vans isnt even that core anyway. i may try those etnies bledsoes or some of the newer DC's but thats about it. at the end of the day im more concerned about a shoes performance & if its worth my money rather than if im "staying in the family". i support skateboarding all the time. i dont need to feel guilty about anything & im not gonna let that limit my choices. if they just want my money, so be it. i just want quality shoes to skate in & theyve been worth the money every time.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

im not saying other companys dont make great shoes. half-cabs are still some of the best shoes around, but honestly most "core" companies have lesser quality materials & tech and just copy/paste other shoe designs. i love lakai as a brand, but the carroll selects i had were straight ass. as far as core skateboarding companies i fuck with eS, emerica, supra, and sometimes vans but vans isnt even that core anyway. i may try those etnies bledsoes or some of the newer DC's but thats about it. at the end of the day im more concerned about a shoes performance & if its worth my money rather than if im "staying in the family". i support skateboarding all the time. i dont need to feel guilty about anything & im not gonna let that limit my choices. if they just want my money, so be it. i just want quality shoes to skate in & theyve been worth the money every time.

Yeah, I feel you.. But what Im trying to say is that I would rather give my money to companys who really need every dime the can get to make their business stay alive, instead of supporting brands that make tons of money. But when It all breaks down, I do go for quality. That is why I always buy Janoskis.

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
My feet love whats apropriate :

skate shoes for skateboarding, sport shoes for sports, boat shoes for fishing.

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »
globe,circa,osiris,vox just all the ugly shoes. i dont really care about the big corparation stuff, i mean alot of these brands have been skated for years before they made skate specific shoes, and now theres all this hate.
truth. they used to make sport shoes that were good to skate in, and now they've made those shoes even better by making them skate-specific! plus, they give a lot of awesome skaters a lot of cash. sure, the big shot nike and adidas owners get a lot of money out of it too, but i'm sure "core" companies aren't owned by just nice people i'd want to give my money to either. it's all about quality. nike and adidas make great shoes = why not by them? at the end of the day you decide what you spend your money on, might as well be shoes that last long and skate the way you need them to.

PFIASB.

• Rep: -94
  • Formerly elmo
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2011, 11:48:05 AM »
ipath
huf
dc
emerica
converse
osiris
etnies
dvs
globe
circa
lakai
fallen
supra
es

people like you are the people who ruin skateboarding and slap 2g

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2011, 03:48:25 AM »
Im now on the whole fuck nike hype, i feel like such a dick for some reason looking down and seeing the swoosh