Author Topic: do any of you have shoe companies you just won'y buy from?  (Read 22049 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: do any of you have shoe companies you just won'y buy from?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
What is it that you cats generally dislike about Circa? I've had a few pairs over the years, cup and vulc, and can't say I had a bad time with them. Do they have a reputation or something? (serious question, not trying to instigate a flame war or anything)

On topic- I'll try any mid or high top our shop carries (mostly Lakai, Vans, had some Duffs, wearing Vox, about to try some Campus Highs)... once exception being a big fat pair of Reeboks I keep around for getting back on board due to recurring ankle sprains. Actually they're what I'll be wearing in a week when I'm back on board, then I'll finish off the Vox's I've been skating.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I won't buy shoes or any products from girl, chocolate, lakai etc. Long story short, I sent them this graphic I made for a class, next month they're new decks had a similar graphic just with different words. Emailed them asking about it and they would never reply.
[close]

that is shitty, but thats what you get for sending out a piece of art that you wanted in their control. Sucks they won't acknowledge you, but at least they did something with it even it was modifying your art. Which graphic was it?

Yeah I asked them to at least give me credit or stickers or something. Emailed them like once a month for a few months, but I gave up cuz they never replied.

This was what I sent them- http://i48.tinypic.com/i6m5xh.jpg
The next month, this came out- http://i46.tinypic.com/20jfdx1.png
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »
i dont understand the fallen hate, its a skater owned/produced company that produces top quality shoes and the pairs i've owned have been excellent.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:59 PM »
I'll be honest, I've been on a Converse roll with the last few pairs of shoes I bought.

I just like my shit inconspicuous and slim with very little labeling.

MrMello

• Rep: 8
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »
DC- I think its cause all the kids that wear them are those kids that want to look like skater but don't skate
Used to be Lakai's but know I dont care id buy some

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 06:23:44 AM »
What is it that you cats generally dislike about Circa? I've had a few pairs over the years, cup and vulc, and can't say I had a bad time with them. Do they have a reputation or something? (serious question, not trying to instigate a flame war or anything)

On topic- I'll try any mid or high top our shop carries (mostly Lakai, Vans, had some Duffs, wearing Vox, about to try some Campus Highs)... once exception being a big fat pair of Reeboks I keep around for getting back on board due to recurring ankle sprains. Actually they're what I'll be wearing in a week when I'm back on board, then I'll finish off the Vox's I've been skating.
Have to agree, circa makes great shoes, they are grippy and very comfortable to skate in

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 12:08:31 PM »
for the most part i'll cop any shoe if its cheap enough except lakais since i don't know anyone whos had a pair that didn't fall apart in a week. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Adidas - their shoes feel like potatoey pieces of shit. Out of all the shoes on this list, they're the ones that I'm least likely to buy.
Nike - I've skated them before and they last and they skate great but I think the swoosh is fucking ugly and I can't stand the way a lot of their shoes look on my feet.
Cons - never skated them but a lot of their models look like something I'd find in target
Fallen - the shoes blew out in 2 weeks and I spent 10 bucks shipping them back for a replacement pair. I still haven't gotten them.
Adio/Osiris/Globe - uh, yeah.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
I'm skating some Converse Kenny Anderson Star Player OX, Navy, and they are pretty good. I'm going to get some Pappalardo's next, but, I don't skate Osiris, haven't for a couple of years, tried some Clint Peterson's maybe back in 2007, they were ok, I had some Mathias Ringstrom's before that(when the Storm came out). I can't even remember what they were called. Had a pair of Nikes, hated them.

Found the Osiris's, called the Exid:

sorry for the picture, the only one I could find.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:16:12 PM by Locbrew »
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
I dont get the hate on Osiris, Ive had two pairs of them, the 1st two Duffel shoes and I gotta say they were really good shoes. The Slimmer one was perhaps the best low profile slim shoe Ive skated. The material lasted a good time and the grip was really good. If I had a chance I would get the shoes again because they are that good. I just cant see hating on those shoes.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 07:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I am just psyched on your name.?  It's a fucking obscure Rodrigo TX quote from a video that came out nearly a decade ago.?  That is fucking awesome.?  My friends and I used to say that shit ALL the time.
[close]

Menikmati was so fucking awesome that is probably the only reason I would still consider buying
[close]

I've probably said the quote 7-8 times today already.

Menikmati was my first team video. For my high school senior quote I wrote, "'For me it's crazy like'... to have made it through high school."

I won't knock an entire brand, because most offer at least one shoe that I'd be down to wear. Most recently: Fallen Slash, DC Tonik, Globe Bender (mid top boat shoe does it for me for whatever reason), Etnies LS models, some recent simple DVS kicks. I won't buy Nike unless I know I'm going to be skating consistently so I can wear down the swoosh. The only Osiris shoes worth a mention in the last five years were the Chinos, magical shoes.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:39:08 PM by saucy ragú »
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Jay E-Quails

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2010, 07:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike, Cons, Adidas.
[close]

"The big three"  :P
These but with vans substituting adidas have become the only brands I really buy nowadays

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 01:56:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I won't buy shoes or any products from girl, chocolate, lakai etc. Long story short, I sent them this graphic I made for a class, next month they're new decks had a similar graphic just with different words. Emailed them asking about it and they would never reply.
[close]

that is shitty, but thats what you get for sending out a piece of art that you wanted in their control. Sucks they won't acknowledge you, but at least they did something with it even it was modifying your art. Which graphic was it?
[close]

Yeah I asked them to at least give me credit or stickers or something. Emailed them like once a month for a few months, but I gave up cuz they never replied.

I can't see the picture of what you sent them, but I would think it takes some time for graphics to get from the drawing board to production.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

André Beach

• Rep: -2
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 02:03:12 AM »
Globe (just because that Longboard shit..)
DC (fuglys and random)
Adidas (just dont like the shoes, they're all ugly to)

Nothing hated on Nike, and dont know anything about Cons except that nike owns them..
 ;D

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »
I've been staying away from Nike. Not so much due to them being a big corporation. I tend to think that Nike is so big and efficient that they'll do great in what ever field they are willing to invest in. It's just that for a while now it seems that every single kid around here, whether skateboarder or not, is wearing Nike SBs, and with all the shoes on the market, I'd rather just buy something else.

Lately though I've been drawn to Dunks so I might have to try them someday. Or the Air Kostons.

But I'll never buy Osiris or Adio or Globe. Probably not even DCs even if the Toniks look ok. I go through so few shoes that I never have to buy mediocre or uninteresting shoes to get by.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 03:30:25 AM »
if you want an honest answer about circa its because the shoes look so regular. if the big brands didnt come back and reclaim their silhouettes circas would probably still be considered decent looking shoes.

DC has no idea what theyre doing and is usually chasing trends and when theyre not chasing trends theyre releasing insanely cheesy large logo dunk rip offs with splashes of color and birds emanating from the logo. the only thing I associate with DC is middle aged men with an identity crisis and guidos.

lakai has the OG manchester but its only at zumiez. the rest of their shoes are overrated and suck.

fallen is for emos and has ads with crows.

etnies is for the children. the other shoes they sell at regular stores look just as bad as DCs garbage.

DVS shoes just look horrible. just go through their lineup and take a good look. its shit.

converse is overrated. if im going to rip a shoe in a week anyways ill just buy the ones they sell at regular stores for half the price.

osiris?..lol.

globe is a gayer australian version of fallen.

adio is out of business.

mark oblow looks like a guido.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't see the picture of what you sent them, but I would think it takes some time for graphics to get from the drawing board to production.

Hmm, when I click the link I posted it just takes a second to load. Well, it did come out about a month after I sent it to them.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
I'm on the Slap boards, so I'm not going to buy anything other than half cabs.

But I really love the Busenitz' too.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010, 07:10:27 PM »
I've never tried a pair but I'd probably never buy a pair of Pyro shoes.   Hell... even if I was getting um for free I'd probably never wear um.

blatablatblau

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
  • smurfs up
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »
lakai, just never liked em and how they look

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 02:34:36 AM »
lakai, just never liked em and how they look
My friend gave me a pair of Marianos, i gave them to able.

homo sacer

• Rep: -7
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2010, 12:18:34 PM »
nike, cons (aka nike), adidas, vans. i'm quitting those. but i don't want to wear dc, globe, adio, habitat, dvs. Left with sole tech basically. oh, i will try some deklines.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
globe, dvs comes to mind.

I usually only get shoes from sole tech, vans and adidas.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2010, 02:04:23 AM »
I've bought shoes from most of the big companies and this is what I came up with.

ipath
supra
nike
converse

They either fit skinny on my wide feet or I don't back the brand.  I actually buy more shoes than I can skate so I can weed out the shoes that look good for skating, but actually suck at skating so they go back to being my chill shoes.

Why God Why?

• Rep: 1
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »
circa
globe
ipath
osiris
adio
pretty much companies that still produce ridiculously bulky shoes just make me turn my head at all of their shoes.

sky davis

• Rep: -10
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 02:49:31 AM »
never got into nike, so hip, and ugly designs.i dont get sneaker collectors paying high ammounts for such ugly colorwayssss. but i would skate the janoski's if they were a good deal. i have narrow feet so i stay away from globe adio dvs dc, i think i could fit both feet into 1 of there shoes. but i'll skate the cheapest low profile shoe i can find, sometimes even those walmart faded glory sneakers for 7 bucks lulz. they skate fine,but legit grip is always nicer obviously.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »
Nike
DC
Adio
Converse
Airspeed
Etnies
Element, if they still make shoes
Globe
Forgot a few

Circa and Circa Combat
Fallen
DVS

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
nike, cons (aka nike), adidas, vans. i'm quitting those. but i don't want to wear dc, globe, adio, habitat, dvs. Left with sole tech basically. oh, i will try some deklines.
You forgot a few brands: Axion, Circa/Circa Combat, Fallen, Gravis, HUF, Ipath, Lakai, Osiris, Supra, and Vox

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 09:37:44 AM »
duff's obviously
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Jonathan Smith

• Rep: -3
  • gnar.
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »
Fallen. It's not that I don't like the team, it's just the people that wear them that I don't care for. The kids with like skin tight yellow pants. Gages in their ears. Drink Monster energy. Listen to hardcore screamo. And bike at the library while asking to bum cigarettes off you.