Author Topic: 2024 Unpopular Setup Thread  (Read 2525 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: 2024 Unpopular Setup Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2024, 09:44:47 PM »
That picture of Bams setup/trucks makes me cringe. puke.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2024, 01:58:28 PM »
I’m still loving my Film trucks honestly, they seem to get less love but they work better than Ace for me for whatever reason

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2024, 04:29:17 PM »
I’m still loving my Film trucks honestly, they seem to get less love but they work better than Ace for me for whatever reason
But they don't get any hate either. Film trucks are great. Are they even available in the US?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2024, 06:35:08 PM »
I prefer classic shape wheels to conical on transition.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2024, 09:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
But they don't get any hate either. Film trucks are great. Are they even available in the US?
I liked mine even tho metal is weird, last durable than your average trucks and sure the grind is super slow.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 02:27:39 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2024, 02:11:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I liked mine even tho metal is weird, last wyabless than your average trucks and sure the grind is super slow.

Hey guys, a quick question  about Film. Right now, Im on Venture 6.1, and before that I was on Thunder 151s for many years. I got used to Ventures, and thought that this will be my truck for the rest of my life. I found some Film trucks online for good price, and they even have the 8,75 version (same as my Ventures).

My question is, how do Films work/turn? I like the stability of Ventures and also love the baseplate slide, but sometimes I miss Thunders. Are Film trucks more like Ventures or Thunders? I dont care about height, I feel like I can get used to anything in that range, but turn really interests me. And also, how is the grind? I find Ventures OK, but if I still remember correctly, Thunders had a better pinch and just overal a little easier to grind anything (not a dealbreaker, but still).

And also, I love Jereme Daclin, and would love to support him.

Many thanks

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2024, 02:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I liked mine even tho metal is weird, last wyabless than your average trucks and sure the grind is super slow.
[close]

Hey guys, a quick question  about Film. Right now, Im on Venture 6.1, and before that I was on Thunder 151s for many years. I got used to Ventures, and thought that this will be my truck for the rest of my life. I found some Film trucks online for good price, and they even have the 8,75 version (same as my Ventures).

My question is, how do Films work/turn? I like the stability of Ventures and also love the baseplate slide, but sometimes I miss Thunders. Are Film trucks more like Ventures or Thunders? I dont care about height, I feel like I can get used to anything in that range, but turn really interests me. And also, how is the grind? I find Ventures OK, but if I still remember correctly, Thunders had a better pinch and just overal a little easier to grind anything (not a dealbreaker, but still).

Many thanks
Turn is great, they have those interlocking bushings that should be the industry standard. I'd say is like more of a Thunder without the wheel bite. Grind is weird as I already stated, like an unwaxed ledge. Yeah, it sure works but it would be better with wax.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2024, 04:15:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks

They turn like Indys and grind like ventures I'd say. Same baseplate slide as well. A harder metal that is extremely good for skating curbs and less so for skatepark angle iron stuff. I liked crooked grinds on them, no pinch problem at all, but I don't think the pinch is "better" in any way than on ventures.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2024, 05:00:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks
[close]

They turn like Indys and grind like ventures I'd say. Same baseplate slide as well. A harder metal that is extremely good for skating curbs and less so for skatepark angle iron stuff. I liked crooked grinds on them, no pinch problem at all, but I don't think the pinch is "better" in any way than on ventures.

Good to know, I mostly skate concrete and marble, so this is good news. One last question, they have many colors of bushings, are they all the same? I cant find the info anywhere.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2024, 05:29:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks
[close]

[close]

Good to know, I mostly skate concrete and marble, so this is good news. One last question, they have many colors of bushings, are they all the same? I cant find the info anywhere.
They have purple and red. No idea of any other color but despise the color they're all the same duro. Can't remember which one but Jeremie confirmed this to me.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2024, 05:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks
[close]

[close]

[close]
They have purple and red. No idea of any other color but despise the color they're all the same duro. Can't remember which one but Jeremie confirmed this to me.

Fuck yeah, thanks a lot. Ill buy them and if I cant skate them, they will go on a cruiser. Fuck it, 50€ for a set of trucks is great. The shop also has the inverted kingpins from Film, I think Ill get those too.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2024, 12:22:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Fuck yeah, thanks a lot. Ill buy them and if I cant skate them, they will go on a cruiser. Fuck it, 50€ for a set of trucks is great. The shop also has the inverted kingpins from Film, I think Ill get those too.

OK, fast forward. I had my first session on Film trucks yesterday. Granted, I built a full on christmas complete (first time in my 21-22 years of skating), and went in prepared to hate my life completely. I also changed wheels, was skating just minilogos 101 for years, and went for Spitfire F4s, the harder ones too.

Anyway, wheels slip like crazy, I will deffinitely need to get used to that, but other than that, so far, so good. It was an indoor slippery park, so this will change too.

Back to the main topic, Film trucks. Turn is amazing, since the first second. Coming from Ventures, I expected to fell off without the Venture stability, but they remind me of Thunders which I skated in the past, a little quick on a turn, surfy, not as much as Indy, but definitelly much more than Ventures. I skate them factory tight, maybe a half turn to the tighter side but thats it.

Bushings work great in them, I just hope they wont fall apart quick, because I love how they go into sharp turns. Also, pinch. I crooked grind (both ways), regs and switch, probably more than any other person on this planet. And these trucks pinch is amazing. Granted, there was some slipout from not having grooves yet, but fucking hell, they pinch and grind good on metal. I just hope they will work good with granite/marble/cement too.

So all and all, I didnt expect to love them as much as I did for the first session. Honestly, I had a bigger problem getting used to the wheels, which will be a battle for some time, but Films feel great. Here is to hoping the quality is good and they wont brake or anything.

Good job Jereme, you got a new fan/customer for now.

P.S.
If anyone cares, I skate 8,5 boards and 8,6/8,75 trucks, so my journey is from Thunder 151s to Venture 6.1 to Films 6.0.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2024, 01:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Many thanks
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

OK, fast forward. I had my first session on Film trucks yesterday. Granted, I built a full on christmas complete (first time in my 21-22 years of skating), and went in prepared to hate my life completely. I also changed wheels, was skating just minilogos 101 for years, and went for Spitfire F4s, the harder ones too.

Anyway, wheels slip like crazy, I will deffinitely need to get used to that, but other than that, so far, so good. It was an indoor slippery park, so this will change too.

Back to the main topic, Film trucks. Turn is amazing, since the first second. Coming from Ventures, I expected to fell off without the Venture stability, but they remind me of Thunders which I skated in the past, a little quick on a turn, surfy, not as much as Indy, but definitelly much more than Ventures. I skate them factory tight, maybe a half turn to the tighter side but thats it.

Bushings work great in them, I just hope they wont fall apart quick, because I love how they go into sharp turns. Also, pinch. I crooked grind (both ways), regs and switch, probably more than any other person on this planet. And these trucks pinch is amazing. Granted, there was some slipout from not having grooves yet, but fucking hell, they pinch and grind good on metal. I just hope they will work good with granite/marble/cement too.

So all and all, I didnt expect to love them as much as I did for the first session. Honestly, I had a bigger problem getting used to the wheels, which will be a battle for some time, but Films feel great. Here is to hoping the quality is good and they wont brake or anything.

Good job Jereme, you got a new fan/customer for now.

P.S.
If anyone cares, I skate 8,5 boards and 8,6/8,75 trucks, so my journey is from Thunder 151s to Venture 6.1 to Films 6.0.
The turning and bushings (interlocked ones) on Film are really great. My only complain is that metal wear down quite fast and feels slow when grinding.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 11
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2024, 03:48:59 AM »
I prefer classic shape wheels to conical on transition.

I prefer them everywhere.

The super round edges just make my board feel how it should in my mind. Nimble and playful

Wider/more square wheels take more effort to flip/slide.