Author Topic: lucus puig on ...  (Read 18309 times)

JoeyBear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: lucus puig on ...
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »
So what is Lucas Puig on?
WWW.THEDENVERSHOP.COM

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'm sure lakai is doing fine. i'd even go as far as saying they're the number 3 seller behind nike and vans.
[close]
[close]
adidas and converse don't sell anywhere near as many skate shoes as you think. other shit, yeah, not skate shoes. dvs? i don't think their sales are that great. dc probably do ok off their space boots, but lakai sell alot of shoes, don't get it twisted
[close]
[close]
Wow, that is definitely not conjecture at all but is instead a reasoned thesis arrived at by verifiable facts.
As a long time skaterboarder-type-guy myself, I was surprised that I had never heard of "Lakia" prior to the release of the feature-length "Furry Flare," 8 years after the company's inception.
Lol, you never heard of Lakai before Fully Flared. I'm basing all that on what I've seen and heard. I can't even begin to tell you how many skaters starting wearing Lakai's after Fully Flared was released. (Maybe skyrocketed wasn't the right word).

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2010, 09:31:11 AM »

ADIDAS. Period.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ADIDAS. Period.
a really good fit, he deserves it
bad for lakai, but they will be OK

casperhez1

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2010, 02:01:01 AM »
Lucas's part(s) in ff are some of the best skating ever, hope he stays in the limelight
of course he will addidas will make such a huge deal of him considering of the coverage hes
had and what hes been in and all that.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2010, 03:00:04 AM »
Well Podium is cutting corners, that's true.

Startig March 2011 all of Podium Europes Employees in Germany are unemployed.
They got their notice a couple weeks ago.

As far as Lucas leaving Lakai it is probably the same deal as Alex leaving for Vans, a big check and the possibility of not having to really work a steady job ever.

Can't see the problem in that. Anyone would do the same thing in his place.

Unless the check came from Airspeed.

There are so many Dudes moving up the in Lakais ranks, won't be surprised to see a Hawk or Alverez Pro Model in the next four years.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:30 AM »

As far as Lucas leaving Lakai it is probably the same deal as Alex leaving for Vans, a big check and the possibility of not having to really work a steady job ever.

There are so many Dudes moving up the in Lakais ranks, won't be surprised to see a Hawk or Alverez Pro Model in the next four years.

fresh distribution out of business? or is there a seperation?
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

keitho

• Rep: 3
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »
I only had one pair of Lakai's (Carroll Select) and those things literally last within a few days of skating. Shoe goo is a must on these things.

Exactly. Mine blew out a hole too in only a couple of sessions. But, they did feel amazing on the first day.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

fresh distribution out of business? or is there a seperation?

Nope that's exactly it....

Podium might keep working with freelance agencies,... but that's too early to speculate.

datsnare

• Rep: -7
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'm sure lakai is doing fine. i'd even go as far as saying they're the number 3 seller behind nike and vans.
[close]
[close]
adidas and converse don't sell anywhere near as many skate shoes as you think. other shit, yeah, not skate shoes. dvs? i don't think their sales are that great. dc probably do ok off their space boots, but lakai sell alot of shoes, don't get it twisted
[close]
[close]
Wow, that is definitely not conjecture at all but is instead a reasoned thesis arrived at by verifiable facts.
As a long time skaterboarder-type-guy myself, I was surprised that I had never heard of "Lakia" prior to the release of the feature-length "Furry Flare," 8 years after the company's inception.
[close]
Lol, you never heard of Lakai before Fully Flared. I'm basing all that on what I've seen and heard. I can't even begin to tell you how many skaters starting wearing Lakai's after Fully Flared was released. (Maybe skyrocketed wasn't the right word).

you guys must've been living underneath a rock then.

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2010, 01:51:14 PM »
YEah I just had a pair of the PICo shoe and they put canvas on the ollie area?...they lasted 3 sessions....

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
YEah I just had a pair of the PICo shoe and they put canvas on the ollie area?...they lasted 3 sessions....

Why do you skate a shoe with canvas in the ollie area?
Why people that are not sponsored skate canvas shoes?
Why companies make canvas shoes?
Since i startedskating, I always assumed that skateshoes were designed to feel good AND resist, but i see not benefits skating canvas. I just see a better profit margin for the company...

And i'm psyched for Lucas, i was afraid of globe or some shit, but adidas is for me the most legitimate of all sport brands(Cons, nike etc.) that make skate shoes.

So there is no more French connection? just JB Gillet (and silvain tognelli, the guy who rides for blueprint)

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
I got em for free, so I'm not complaining on that aspect, but I also see a bunch of riders wearing them  (fynn,brady,alvarez) I know they get probably a ton of them...but it's such a rip off...that's all.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2010, 04:00:41 AM »
Canvas skate shoes are a dirty pleasure because of their durability, but paying full price for a pair is out of the question.

Carroll selects destroyed my heels even on flatground skating. A few misses and you're out.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2010, 04:19:13 AM »
Buying and skating canvas shoes is such a waste of money.  Turtleboy nailed it,  if you ain't sponsored and get em' for free, what's the point?  They last for a couple of sessions at best  after that you could as well be skating in your socks!

Cold Pizza

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2010, 11:02:36 PM »
wheres the loyalty? i hope this isnt true.

its sad that skater owned shoe company means shitty quality and cutting corners. nike and adidas dont do that.

Are you mentally handicapped?  Nike and ADIDAS fucking dwarf Lakai in terms of sheer size, R & D, and production.  I'm sure if Lakai had billions of dollars at their disposal or 30+ years of shoe design and technology at their hands, they'd make a damn good shoe as well.  Then again, I've blown through a pair of Nike Bruins in 4 days as well as a pair of Blazers in a little over a week.  So if you'd like to point me in the direction of reasonably priced Nikes that aren't shitty quality, please do.  It seems you gotta spend $80+ dollars to get a decent shoe from the swoosh. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »
^^I've actually never thought about it in that perspective, that makes a lot of sense.

As for the discussion on canvas shoes, I had a pair of canvas Emericas this summer that lasted me at least a month without any holes showing up. But than again, I've had canvas shoes that had holes in a week. I think the design of the shoe matters a lot.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2010, 09:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote

its sad that skater owned shoe company means shitty quality and cutting corners. nike and adidas dont do that.
[close]

Are you mentally handicapped?  Nike and ADIDAS fucking dwarf Lakai in terms of sheer size, R & D, and production.  I'm sure if Lakai had billions of dollars at their disposal or 30+ years of shoe design and technology at their hands, they'd make a damn good shoe as well.  Then again, I've blown through a pair of Nike Bruins in 4 days as well as a pair of Blazers in a little over a week.  So if you'd like to point me in the direction of reasonably priced Nikes that aren't shitty quality, please do.  It seems you gotta spend $80+ dollars to get a decent shoe from the swoosh. 

Yea, Nike can make some durable shoes and spend tons of money to find the right formula.  I have no doubts that new Nike shoe will last and be comfortable, just personally not into Nikes. 

Other than Nike everyone else can only come up with a better marketing campaign for their Vans rip-offs than the other guys.

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

you guys must've been living underneath a rock then.

You're both dumber than a bag of hammers. Sorry.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

oliver plunkett

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2010, 02:57:09 AM »
Its a Pity he is off Lakai but I guess times are tough.
Have you seen Lucas ripping in this Copenhagen pro clip  in (lakais)

http://www.skatedaily.net/2010/11/30/dvs-cph-pro-2010-footage/

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2010, 03:20:55 AM »
i've had two defective pairs of lakais and 3 fucking awesome pairs of adidas.  adidas win.  lucas wins.
life poser

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2010, 05:59:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

see heres the thing with that. im not talking about new technology or special gum. im talking about simpler things like having the sole coming off in vulc shoes because they cut corners on the glue they use. huf gravis and even habitat are killing it with their shoes. hopefully they take over and force other companies to reevaluate their stance on quality control.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
I think canvas rips easy and Lucas definitely wears shoes when he skates.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?