Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277583 times)

Gomez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 5)
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2010, 01:24:38 AM »
Expand Quote
i really don't understand why are people ripping forest to shit for not skating the tranny.?  the first episode at the gap not everyone skated it...like Mango.?  ? no one said "oh wow what a bitch he didn't skate the gap".?  no one cared.?  ? i don't see how this should be any different.?  ? such a double standard around here.?  ? it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.
[close]
It's his attitude too. Mango wasn't bitching about it.
they asked him why he wasn't skating it, he offered his opinion. no one asked mango because no one cares what mango thinks. slap knew forrest's comments would be the highlights of the episodes, and so they're definitely putting more focus on him. dude didn't even skate the spot of the episode and still seemed to be more prominent in the episode than nik stain, who actually skated the spot. speaking of, a better comparison for someone not skating the street spots is nik stain, i forgot dude existed until this episode, he didn't do shit the whole first episode it seems.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
wheres the mango hate? dude went to a buch of spots and didn't get anything; sure forrest was outspoken about it, but you dudes cant front like youve never been to a spot and didn't bother to skate it because you didn't feel like it.
All of these OIAM dudes are in a contest right now, correct?
You would think that all of them would try to skate as much as they could at every single spot that they get taken to regardless if they are "feeling it" or not, I mean sitting out while the others are trying to so shit is wack no matter if the spot is a ledge, stairs, gap, or tranny.

These fucking dudes are good and they should be able to handle at any spot Whiteley takes them to, I mean if they're trying to be "one in a million" they should be able to at least function on a little bit of everything its not like they have to be mind-blowing on everything but come on son, you're in the finals here, do something or at least try.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2010, 03:12:13 AM »
I like everyone on this OIAM but I'm liking Forest's inclusion in it more and more. All these people on here are getting so heated about every little thing to do with him. Hahahaha. I love watching people get mad. It's okay, no one in this compition will skate everything.

Edit: I'm super stoked on these episodes!

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2010, 04:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
wheres the mango hate? dude went to a buch of spots and didn't get anything; sure forrest was outspoken about it, but you dudes cant front like youve never been to a spot and didn't bother to skate it because you didn't feel like it.
[close]
All of these OIAM dudes are in a contest right now, correct?
You would think that all of them would try to skate as much as they could at every single spot that they get taken to regardless if they are "feeling it" or not, I mean sitting out while the others are trying to so shit is wack no matter if the spot is a ledge, stairs, gap, or tranny.

These fucking dudes are good and they should be able to handle at any spot Whiteley takes them to, I mean if they're trying to be "one in a million" they should be able to at least function on a little bit of everything its not like they have to be mind-blowing on everything but come on son, you're in the finals here, do something or at least try.
this still doesn't address soul skater mango or-like gomez pointed out-the non existent nik stain. basically these dudes have just started to get tricks into the 5th episode, while everyone, including forrest, has done something noteable within the first 3 or 4.

OIAM is a competition but it's still skateboarding and like i said, no one here can front like they never opted out of skating a spot cause they were'nt feeling it. it's OIAM not the dew tour-if a guy wants to sit out thats his perogative.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2010, 08:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
most people that skate realize most of the people that skate transition are over the age 30.
[close]
Most people that skate, skate transition because its fun, regardless of age.?  ? 
[close]
not really.
[close]

every single guy I grew up skating with can skate transition, and every guy I skate with now can skate transition.
[close]
I'd be willing to bet money you grew up with a skatepark. I don't think you guys realize skateparks everywhere are fairly new. There are a shitload of kids that started skating before the last 5 years who probably never skated/ are just getting into within the last 2 years. and honestly it doesn't matter to a lot of kids. if you asked a kid who's skills would you rather have mike mo's or tony t's,?  i'd bet money that the overwhelming majority would choose mike mo.
I fucking hate you so damn much COTG.. Its dumb shits like you that are  the cancer of skateboarding...
Go fucking play football, youre obviousl y not in this for fun. and you already have a football player as your avatar..

FUCK YOU

todd rodd

• Rep: 5
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »
Defending some asshole you dont personally know is like DEFENDING SOME ASSHOLE YOU DONT PERSONALLY KNOW. This forrest kid tries WAY to hard to act like he doesnt give a shit. And I've never seen anyone make smoking a cig look so fucking stupid. Instead of saying "im not good at tranny" he acts like he is above it. And lets face it, no one like this tool because he's black, duh.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2010, 09:19:59 AM »
our boy gonzalo didn't get anything on the tranny, but at least he hopped the fence in.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
defending someone you dont know is just as bad as criticizing someone you dont know

todd rodd

« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »
Hey, dont go and bring logic into this

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »
All you dumbasses defending forrest need to realize he wasn't saying "this isn't my spot" he was saying he doesn't skate ANY transition. Mango may not have gotten anything on the first gap, but first of all, he stuck around and complimented everybody on how they skated it, and second of all, he skated the next gap they went to. He didn't say "I don't skate gaps"

Not wanting to skate the transition doesn't make Forrest an asshole, it makes him a shitty skateboarder.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »
I'm sure mongo has some tricks up his sleeve.

earlygrab

« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
wtf is with this, "I only skate this way" bullshit. It's mind blowing. I never saw it till I moved to LA last year. You have a bunch of old crusty bitter dudes that only skate bowls and a bunch of trend hoping brats that only skate ledges. It's fucking bizzare. Maybe it's a california thing where you can skate so much you can afford to be a snob? Regardless, if your 30 or 13, if you skate the same shit every day, your fucking boring and might as well go "practice" another sport.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »
wtf is with this, "I only skate this way" bullshit. It's mind blowing. I never saw it till I moved to LA last year. You have a bunch of old crusty bitter dudes that only skate bowls and a bunch of trend hoping brats that only skate ledges. It's fucking bizarre. Maybe it's a california thing where you can skate so much you can afford to be a snob? Regardless, if your 30 or 13, if you skate the same shit every day, your fucking boring and might as well go "practice" another sport.

this

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2010, 01:04:54 PM »
did nobody else follow the OIAM live photo blog thing while it was going on?

I feel like i ruined thes episodes for myself a little

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »
Yeah, I followed it. Can't wait to see how the rest of the footy looks.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

police state

• Rep: 22
« Reply #405 on: December 11, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

sig'd
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #406 on: December 11, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »
did nobody else follow the OIAM live photo blog thing while it was going on?

I feel like i ruined thes episodes for myself a little

Same here, but like most tricks, it's better to see in video than just a photo.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #407 on: December 11, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
All you dumbasses defending forrest need to realize he wasn't saying "this isn't my spot" he was saying he doesn't skate ANY transition. Mango may not have gotten anything on the first gap, but first of all, he stuck around and complimented everybody on how they skated it, and second of all, he skated the next gap they went to. He didn't say "I don't skate gaps"

Not wanting to skate the transition doesn't make Forrest an asshole, it makes him a shitty skateboarder.
he said he was out of his element, he never said he was above skating tranny. im not defending forrest, but dudes have to understand that skaters are humans and every person is different-not everyone is a 'skate everything' type of person. i've been to many spots in my life that i didnt bother to skate because i knew i'd get broke off or it was out of my element. honesty is key, both mango and forrest approached their hesitation to skate in a humourous manner-mango replys saying he's a 'soul skater' and forrest says he'll skate tranny when he's old.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #408 on: December 11, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »
Even if he would have skated the that bowl, they probably would have made fun of him for not having tricks on something he doesn't skate often. It's just funny to me that no one on here talks shit on people that suck at ledges, manuals, handrails, or gaps/stairs. Transition is the only thing you can't not skate.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: December 11, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »
Even if he would have skated the that bowl, they probably would have made fun of him for not having tricks on something he doesn't skate often. It's just funny to me that no one on here talks shit on people that suck at ledges, manuals, handrails, or gaps/stairs. Transition is the only thing you can't not skate.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #410 on: December 11, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »
most people that skate realize most of the people that skate transition are over the age 30.
HAHAHA youre an idiot

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: December 11, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »
No.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #412 on: December 11, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »
all the dudes seem really cool, i doubt even forrest would actually make fun of someone for not being able to skate something

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2010, 07:14:23 PM »
I'm talking about the dudes on slap.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
You mean street? Who the fuck doesn't skate street? If those people exist, they too suck.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »
You're an idiot.

todd rodd

« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2010, 08:52:47 PM »
No one is giving him shit because he's not good at/cant skate tranny.

It's that "I'll skate tranny when I'm old" bullshit.

There's no reason to say shit like that unless he feels a need to justify his inaction.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
I'm saying even if he would have skated, he would've got made fun of anyway, because he isn't good at it. and like it was said earlier, no one is making fun of nick and mango for being damn near non existent for 4 episodes. and like gomez said earlier, i guarantee he was the only one that was asked why he wasn't skating it.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:01:17 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #418 on: December 11, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
he said he was out of his element, he never said he was above skating tranny. im not defending forrest, but dudes have to understand that skaters are humans and every person is different-not everyone is a 'skate everything' type of person. i've been to many spots in my life that i didnt bother to skate because i knew i'd get broke off or it was out of my element. honesty is key, both mango and forrest approached their hesitation to skate in a humourous manner-mango replys saying he's a 'soul skater' and forrest says he'll skate tranny when he's old.

Not so.  This is a competition.  You're not feeling it?  Tough! You want to win?  You do what it takes.  You pussy out, you FAIL.  At least Mango's a good sport. Forrest is a punk.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #419 on: December 11, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »
I'm saying even if he would have skated, he would've got made fun of anyway, because he isn't good at it. and like it was said earlier, no one is making fun of nick and mango for being damn near non existent for 4 episodes. and like gomez said earlier, i guarantee he was the only one that was asked why he wasn't skating it.

who makes fun of people in real life, i thought that was only something people did on the internet.