Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277654 times)

whiteley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 2)
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2010, 12:07:20 AM »
couple things:
1) i was not bummed at all that forrest broke my board. i was actually stoked that he took my board when i offered it and rode it until it broke WITHOUT complaining about how loose the trucks are. EVERYBODY who has ever touched my board thinks the trucks are crazy loose and complains (except nestor, we're on the same page), but forrest didn't- he just skated it. but anyhow, the breaking didn't bother me at all, and while i can't speak for daryl, i don't think it bothered him either- it was more that forrest never said thanks when the boards were offered or sorry when they were broken. he said nothing to me and was really whatever with daryl. just not the best vibe to start with at the first session of the week. i believe that's what reuben was speaking to, not that daryl's board was supposed to be magical.
2) the episodes are short. alex is still editing and we are figuring out how much to break them up. the reason we are doing them in short chunks is because we have learned by monitoring the way people watch past videos we've done (OIAM, pals questions, commentaries, etc) is that after about 7 minutes we start to lose people. this year we got SO much more footage for the contest than last year that to do each day as a single episode would mean they'd be like 15 minutes long, as that seemed like too much, so we're breaking them up. what we have done so far is to break each day of the finals week days up into three 5 +/- minute sections/episodes (so episode 2 was basically the first of three parts made from the events of the first day. the third part also includes a recap of the total day's events together during interviews we did at the end of every day). we may drop it to two 7-8+/- minute episodes for the later ones. so there will be a lot, but it's meant to be a steady stream of digestible chunks. keep you posted.

oh, and ^: i don't know if you consider jews to be "white" or not, but while i don't know his complete ethnic background, reuben is indeed the hebrew hammer!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:10:25 AM by whiteley »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2010, 02:53:44 AM »
i watched the first episode the other day and i had no idea the second one was out already. all i have to say is Forrest is fucking amazing. his skating, his mannerisms, his brilliant words of wisdom, his overall outlook on life. he's so damn entertaining and fun to watch. i feel like going to Riverside just to learn from the master. the dude straight shits on the SLAP Forum. i love it!!

poopmonkey

• Rep: 20
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »

reuben will probably win because all things being equal (or close to equal) the best looking white boy always wins.
matty hunt is obviously the cutest

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2010, 04:34:03 AM »
he trolls a bunch of flow kids while showing them up and they moan and complain about him.?  its basically a history channel style reenactment of useless wooden toy banter threads cotg posts in

I was kind of waiting for forest would say: HAHAHAHAHAHA you're an idiot.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2010, 04:50:59 AM »
The best part was when Forest actually tried to inhale.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
these episodes are awesome.

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
i feel like im watching degrassi

jimi420

« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:52 AM »
They had to keep Forrest until the end anyway. Without the drama this isn't reality.

GHOSTFACE420

• Rep: -7
  • lean
    • Legoman's Weed Smokin' Paradise avatar image
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2010, 10:33:46 AM »
The best part was when Forest actually tried to inhale.

got em
i never pour up nothing less than a 4

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
This episode made my day. It looked like those dudes were merkin that spot. Poor whitely lost ur freshie to a fagglehorn. Any slap pals send in an entry vid for OIAM? Or should I assume they're all PALS?

i hope someday i am able to weave this phrase into a conversation
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

steve_lurkle

• Rep: -16
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:08 PM »
oh yeah p.s. eric ostos is one of the biggest dickheads i have ever met.... if you don't pick forrest because of his personality... WOW
Eric is sick, never been a dickhead around me.

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2010, 09:29:37 PM »
Forrest seems like a kook....
Get litty.....

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2010, 12:32:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys can' really judge people after seeing them talk maybe once or twice, not talking to them in person but, listening to them talk on the internet....pretty dumb. the only thing that suprised me out of all of this is that he broke mark & daryl angel's boards & didn't say thank you..... but then again, what is really expected? think about how many main sports charaters there are in every sport that think they're the greatest thing ever. forrest is different then you guys because he didnt grow up being a rich kid & has been slept on as a skateboarder here for awhile. when i posted his sponser tape that my friend filmed, most people talked shit. now you like his skateboarding but, not his personality (without actually knowing him) if you're going to be so picky about skateboarding then why don't you just go pick up a different hobby instead of sitting on the internet all day saying what's wrong with skateboarding & who sucks... or go skateboard till your one of the dude's putting footage on this website & then talk shit. the point is forrest is awesome, he's a cool dude, has always been a cool dude and, no matter what, even if you dipshits don't like him, it does not matter because he will still make it in skateboarding & be one of the top dudes not too long from now so get over it or get used to it. & that one dude talking about how much of a dick forrest is in this last video is a total pussy, i liked his footage till i saw that, cool thing to do dude enter a contest & then have someone record you talking shit about the best dude in that shit.
[close]

haha. People have this weird thing called opinions and your just gonna have to learn to accept that. Just like you should accept that your friend made an effort on camera to be a thankless pile of shit, nobody asked him to act that way and it's pointless to defend it.
[close]
you say this with a signature of dylan rieder breaking his board at the x games...... how do you explain that fuck face?

[close]

Not sure what your point is or why you think I need to explain myself to you.

i didn't tell you to explain yourself i told you to explain your nonsence. so you have a picture of dylan rieder breaking his board at a contest.. if it was just dylan focusing his board you wouldt make it your signature but, because it's a competition that makes it okay? or does it make him "cool" to not care about the contest itself? so in the same logic.. maybe forrest doesnt give a flying fuck about this "contest" because he is very obviously way ahead of most people.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2010, 03:53:06 AM »
or just maybe dylan breaking his own board has nothing to do with any of this?
not saying sorry when you ruin someone elses board i just pure faggatory. quit crying.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

earlygrab

« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
or just maybe dylan breaking his own board has nothing to do with any of this?
not saying sorry when you ruin someone elses board i just pure faggatory. quit crying.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys can' really judge people after seeing them talk maybe once or twice, not talking to them in person but, listening to them talk on the internet....pretty dumb. the only thing that suprised me out of all of this is that he broke mark & daryl angel's boards & didn't say thank you..... but then again, what is really expected? think about how many main sports charaters there are in every sport that think they're the greatest thing ever. forrest is different then you guys because he didnt grow up being a rich kid & has been slept on as a skateboarder here for awhile. when i posted his sponser tape that my friend filmed, most people talked shit. now you like his skateboarding but, not his personality (without actually knowing him) if you're going to be so picky about skateboarding then why don't you just go pick up a different hobby instead of sitting on the internet all day saying what's wrong with skateboarding & who sucks... or go skateboard till your one of the dude's putting footage on this website & then talk shit. the point is forrest is awesome, he's a cool dude, has always been a cool dude and, no matter what, even if you dipshits don't like him, it does not matter because he will still make it in skateboarding & be one of the top dudes not too long from now so get over it or get used to it. & that one dude talking about how much of a dick forrest is in this last video is a total pussy, i liked his footage till i saw that, cool thing to do dude enter a contest & then have someone record you talking shit about the best dude in that shit.
[close]

haha. People have this weird thing called opinions and your just gonna have to learn to accept that. Just like you should accept that your friend made an effort on camera to be a thankless pile of shit, nobody asked him to act that way and it's pointless to defend it.
[close]
you say this with a signature of dylan rieder breaking his board at the x games...... how do you explain that fuck face?

[close]

[close]

i didn't tell you to explain yourself i told you to explain your nonsence. so you have a picture of dylan rieder breaking his board at a contest.. if it was just dylan focusing his board you wouldt make it your signature but, because it's a competition that makes it okay? or does it make him "cool" to not care about the contest itself? so in the same logic.. maybe forrest doesnt give a flying fuck about this "contest" because he is very obviously way ahead of most people.
He's actually been making sense from the start. You are the one blowing it.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

lol you're reaching. forrest himself said that he only went to the contest to win, he didn't care about the experience or anything, so that clearly shows that he cares a fuckload about this contest. he also was bummed on the fact that he didn't do well, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have cared that he blew it if he didn't care about the contest itself.

earlygrab

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
 You should be stoked he's even getting talked about. now you can ride his coat tails to win at skateboarding. Don't take it personal. If anything we can agree he adds some much needed personality to the nerdy PC dialog that the skating industry has been forced to portray. I quite like the way its edited too. Variety is not gay.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
I might be wrong, but I thought Forrest was being sarcastic and making a mockery of the whole "i don't really care, just here to have fun" put on attitude of some people.  To me he looked like he was about to burst out laughing as soon as the camera stopped recording.  I found it hilarious.  Either way Forrest is fucking killing this shit.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »
People keep saying "you don't know this kid" and "He obviously is being sarcastic" and shit like that, but how the fuck do you know? Honestly, all of us only have what is shown, how can you make any judgment about this kid aside from him being as obnoxious as gang rape?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
I'm only talking about him in the context of the show.  I think he's being funny, and I enjoy it.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
One thing is for sure; he's not here to make friends.

*cue youtube reality show montage 

eyodu

• Rep: -35
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »
Go Forrest!!!

sky davis

• Rep: -10
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
I might be wrong, but I thought Forrest was being sarcastic and making a mockery of the whole "i don't really care, just here to have fun" put on attitude of some people.?  To me he looked like he was about to burst out laughing as soon as the camera stopped recording.?  I found it hilarious.?  Either way Forrest is fucking killing this shit.

i thought that too, untill the 2nd episode summed it up

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2010, 06:28:50 AM »
regardless of the outcome, forrest _needs_ a spinoff series
(special guest starring cotg)
there's room for this in the high speed budget, right whiteley?  (har har)

let's think outside the box here, people

BriDen

« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:36 AM »

Even if there was room in the budget, there's definitely not enough room for those two egos.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Even if there was room in the budget, there's definitely not enough room for those two egos.

zing !

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
He's actually been making sense from the start. You are the one blowing it.
yeah dude i'm blowing it by defending my friend. i just think it's funny that you guys are judging someone you don't know.... he's downriver.... if he wasn't in the contest he wouldn't pay any attention to it. i'm not saying he has no knowledge of skateboarding he obviously sent his footage to slap & knows that reynolds eats fruit.. (ha) but, my point is that he proabably doesn't think that many people watch the videos & doesn't really care what they think of him as a person, you can't deny his talent in skatebording.

& my point with the whole dylan rieder thing is that your signature is dylan focusing his board at the x-games. it's pretty much the same concept. noone made dylan enter thge x-games, he was offered to go, knew he could make some money & went. obviously didn't feel like he was doing good so he broke his own skateboard on purpose in front of millions of people atleast (including peole who watched on tv and people who were there) so thats thousands of little kids thinking that it's cool to just break your board if you're not doing good because, they see a "professional athlete" do it on t.v. or in person at a sporting event (the x-games). so cut to the chase, my obvious point is that everyone thinks forrest is a dick cause some shit that he says in a contest video. is it wrong to go into a contest hoping to win? is it wrong to know that a back 360 kickflip down a set of stairs or, a 360 flip 5050 down a circle handrail is "not gay" ? i mean, obviously he coud've worded himself differently but, he didn't because he's not you. if you're into variety, you should be able to accept people that are different. & he didn't focus his board during the contest, he broke it trying like trick 4 or 5, then someone offered him a board, it breaks, daryl offers his, it breaks.... who should be most bummed? the dude that has to go to work to buy skateboards or the dude that's probably skating his own skateboard?.. the dude that works for slap who can probaby get a board when he needs it?... or the dude that's in a contest far from home with a bunch of strangers & he just broke 3 boards  trying the same trick, one of them being his own brand new board. bottom line, if you invite someone to travel all the way upstate for a contest between him and like 5 other dudes to skate a bunch of spots together that you haven't even been to & have always wanted to go to... shit is probably overwhelming as fuck & if you really want to win you got to get into the conest mentally... sure everybody likes the modest,thankful guy more for his personality but, skateboarding is skateboarding. you can't just have the new generation of mainstream  skateboarders be "down to earth" flannel wearing smiley hispters just for doing the same fucking tricks over & over & being trendy as fuck.... shit get's old. forrest just has raw talent & will push skateboarding harder & harder. he progresses more & more & he will be one of the top dudes one day. the nba couldn't filled with soft spoken short dudes just because they're easier to get along with or relate to but, goddamn man the dude is fucking amazing & shits on all the other dudes obviously... no offence i watched everyone else's footage i liked them but, forrest is obviously the best. & i was joking with all the name-calling and cussing at you or anyone else i 'm not trying to change your opinion i'm jsut explaing mine

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2010, 11:04:31 PM »
correction to above post:

the pic of dylan breaking his board is from street league: nobody saw it.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2010, 11:40:13 PM »
i feel like im watching degrassi

for this to be true, you'd need to add some chicks to the mix.

Maybe next year's OIAM can be co-ed? Think of all the juicy situations that would arise when lumping a bunch of hormonal teens and twenty-somethings of all genders together in one room for extended increments of time. Battle of the (skate) sexes.