Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277612 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 2)
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you guys can' really judge people after seeing them talk maybe once or twice, not talking to them in person but, listening to them talk on the internet....pretty dumb. the only thing that suprised me out of all of this is that he broke mark & daryl angel's boards & didn't say thank you..... but then again, what is really expected? think about how many main sports charaters there are in every sport that think they're the greatest thing ever. forrest is different then you guys because he didnt grow up being a rich kid & has been slept on as a skateboarder here for awhile. when i posted his sponser tape that my friend filmed, most people talked shit. now you like his skateboarding but, not his personality (without actually knowing him) if you're going to be so picky about skateboarding then why don't you just go pick up a different hobby instead of sitting on the internet all day saying what's wrong with skateboarding & who sucks... or go skateboard till your one of the dude's putting footage on this website & then talk shit. the point is forrest is awesome, he's a cool dude, has always been a cool dude and, no matter what, even if you dipshits don't like him, it does not matter because he will still make it in skateboarding & be one of the top dudes not too long from now so get over it or get used to it. & that one dude talking about how much of a dick forrest is in this last video is a total pussy, i liked his footage till i saw that, cool thing to do dude enter a contest & then have someone record you talking shit about the best dude in that shit.
[close]

haha. People have this weird thing called opinions and your just gonna have to learn to accept that. Just like you should accept that your friend made an effort on camera to be a thankless pile of shit, nobody asked him to act that way and it's pointless to defend it.
[close]
you say this with a signature of dylan rieder breaking his board at the x games...... how do you explain that fuck face?

[close]

Not sure what your point is or why you think I need to explain myself to you.

[close]

i didn't tell you to explain yourself i told you to explain your nonsence. so you have a picture of dylan rieder breaking his board at a contest.. if it was just dylan focusing his board you wouldt make it your signature but, because it's a competition that makes it okay? or does it make him "cool" to not care about the contest itself? so in the same logic.. maybe forrest doesnt give a flying fuck about this "contest" because he is very obviously way ahead of most people.
[close]
He's actually been making sense from the start. You are the one blowing it.
[close]
yeah dude i'm blowing it by defending my friend. i just think it's funny that you guys are judging someone you don't know.... he's downriver.... if he wasn't in the contest he wouldn't pay any attention to it. i'm not saying he has no knowledge of skateboarding he obviously sent his footage to slap & knows that reynolds eats fruit.. (ha) but, my point is that he proabably doesn't think that many people watch the videos & doesn't really care what they think of him as a person, you can't deny his talent in skatebording.

& my point with the whole dylan rieder thing is that your signature is dylan focusing his board at the x-games. it's pretty much the same concept. noone made dylan enter thge x-games, he was offered to go, knew he could make some money & went. obviously didn't feel like he was doing good so he broke his own skateboard on purpose in front of millions of people atleast (including peole who watched on tv and people who were there) so thats thousands of little kids thinking that it's cool to just break your board if you're not doing good because, they see a "professional athlete" do it on t.v. or in person at a sporting event (the x-games). so cut to the chase, my obvious point is that everyone thinks forrest is a dick cause some shit that he says in a contest video. is it wrong to go into a contest hoping to win? is it wrong to know that a back 360 kickflip down a set of stairs or, a 360 flip 5050 down a circle handrail is "not gay" ? i mean, obviously he coud've worded himself differently but, he didn't because he's not you. if you're into variety, you should be able to accept people that are different. & he didn't focus his board during the contest, he broke it trying like trick 4 or 5, then someone offered him a board, it breaks, daryl offers his, it breaks.... who should be most bummed? the dude that has to go to work to buy skateboards or the dude that's probably skating his own skateboard?.. the dude that works for slap who can probaby get a board when he needs it?... or the dude that's in a contest far from home with a bunch of strangers & he just broke 3 boards  trying the same trick, one of them being his own brand new board. bottom line, if you invite someone to travel all the way upstate for a contest between him and like 5 other dudes to skate a bunch of spots together that you haven't even been to & have always wanted to go to... shit is probably overwhelming as fuck & if you really want to win you got to get into the conest mentally... sure everybody likes the modest,thankful guy more for his personality but, skateboarding is skateboarding. you can't just have the new generation of mainstream  skateboarders be "down to earth" flannel wearing smiley hispters just for doing the same fucking tricks over & over & being trendy as fuck.... shit get's old. forrest just has raw talent & will push skateboarding harder & harder. he progresses more & more & he will be one of the top dudes one day. the nba couldn't filled with soft spoken short dudes just because they're easier to get along with or relate to but, goddamn man the dude is fucking amazing & shits on all the other dudes obviously... no offence i watched everyone else's footage i liked them but, forrest is obviously the best. & i was joking with all the name-calling and cussing at you or anyone else i 'm not trying to change your opinion i'm jsut explaing mine

Just like you like Forrest and I understand and accept your point, you should be able to understand and accept that he comes across like an egotistic, unappreciative dick. The fact that he works so hard for his tricks and to get anywhere in skateboarding is admirable and if anything, he should be more appreciative of the opportunity SLAP and the OIAM contest gives him. He could try to make the best impression possible to these people in the industry, which is as simple as saying "Thanks for letting me use your board. Sorry I snapped it." And unless I'm missing something, don't the contestants get a couple boards for free? So he could probably go back to Double Rock and set up one of the boards that SLAP gave him for the week. Or use some of that $120 that SLAP gave him to buy a shop board at FTC. It's not like he needs to scrimp and save for a new board this week.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »
Every contest needs a Forrest!!  That clown's too much!  HAHAHAHA!!

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2010, 06:20:43 AM »
matty hunt got a nice style
tricks are for kids , style is forever

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2010, 06:25:15 AM »
When does the next episode of the hills OIAM drop?
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 3)
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:51 AM »
The dude who did the nollie is so sick.
And hill bomb to ollie up the curb, triple set ollie attempt was insane!
This is my new favorite show.

ed...

• Rep: 57
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
fuck that ollie attempt was so gnarly.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »
That episode was booty.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
this episode is the middle part of the first day, after the golden gate park session, and it was a real good first day out. matty's nollie was definitely really sick, his style started coming out that day. john's f/s 180 the hard way over the rail was good, too, but his hill bomb to triple set ollie attempts were amazing. we talk about it more in the next episode, but trying that is crazy. having never skated sf hills before, to see that and just go for it was impressive. he only got those two tries at it before the cops came, if he'd had one or two more it might have happened. episode 4 will be coming really soon, should be wednesday, with the last part of the first day out and the end-of-the-day reviews with everybody in the contest! some great comments happen during those reviews...

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2010, 08:26:20 AM »
This is pretty entertaining, haha. I don't really contest to anybody winning but Forrest. Dude's attitude is just shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2010, 08:28:39 AM »
Try to get that up tomorrow. That sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2010, 08:50:13 AM »
These are all priceless entertainment.  Matt & Forest are the only dudes who stand out - the bearded teen midget is sticking the tricks but i've seen all that before.

Real Life.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2010, 09:09:40 AM »
Try to get that up tomorrow. That sounds like it's going to be amazing.
we're aiming for a mon/wed/fri schedule during the next few weeks...

also, check out the full article for episode 3 with all the photos shot, too:
http://www.slapmagazine.com/articles/full/episode-3-one-in-a-million

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
Matt, Reuben, and John have all been killing it. That hill bomb to triple set was fucked! Also, Daryl's "is he the youngest child" comment made me laugh.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:30:13 AM by frank gerwer's nose »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
The palm rippage is a bummer.  So far i think John fitzgerald is the sickest.

Wheres the feeble transfer footage?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2010, 09:28:14 AM »
ep 3{edit: i've been lagging it} is up!

and god damn is that rueben kid boring as HELL to watch.
and fitz is sick!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:29:53 AM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
SF state rail to bank, is no joke. Nollie is fucking sick. Right next to it, is roof to bank. I'm sure they would have skated it if the cops didn't kick them out.

Can't wait to see more Forrest footage  :D Probably gonna between him & Rueben.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »
Wow....can't believe I slept on this whole thing. Just great reality show/SF skating. So much better then last years whole thing. Maybe by the end of it, you guys can mash it all into one big file so we can just watch it all as one viewing instead of these short episodes.

Dope shit and Forrest is dope. He's like the Puck of the Real World. If it wasn't for him, this whole thing wouldn't be as good as it is.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2010, 11:11:56 AM »
Wheres the feeble transfer footage?

a clip of it is in the next episode during a look back at the day. better photo than clip, short grind. but matty got something pretty much everywhere we went.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
i actually thought forrest was COTG until now
ONTARIO CANADA

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #199 on: December 06, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
im rooting for david bowens

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
i feel like im watching degrassi
[close]

for this to be true, you'd need to add some chicks to the mix.

Maybe next year's OIAM can be co-ed? Think of all the juicy situations that would arise when lumping a bunch of hormonal teens and twenty-somethings of all genders together in one room for extended increments of time. Battle of the (skate) sexes.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2010, 12:10:06 PM »
slap magazine:

i love this.

Najeeb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2010, 12:12:31 PM »
Still no Nik footage? Fuckin bummer.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »
Just watched the first three episodes.  I've actually been bummed because OIAM seems a lot more west-coast-centric these days, but this series is fucking ill.

I almost spit my coffee out and screamed 'what the fuck' on the hillbomb / ollie clips.

hesh life

• Rep: 3
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
has anyone done that before? he should go back, thats gnar

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »
Going that fast an ollieing up a curb is a trick in itself in my mind; that looked scurry.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

labia

• Rep: -1
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
it's not getting much love, but i liked mango's frontside 180 switch manual at kezar
a quirky approach to a typical spot

strangefires

« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »
i hate the shortness of the episodes but whatever. nollie and alley oop were sick. hill bomb was sick. reuben is horrendous.

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2010, 12:53:06 PM »
These short ass episodes are killing me

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »
needed more forest