Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277575 times)

BriDen

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 3)
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2010, 01:13:41 PM »
it's not getting much love, but i liked mango's frontside 180 switch manual at kezar
a quirky approach to a typical spot

Probably only because this is the third time it's been shown.

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »
it's not getting much love, but i liked mango's frontside 180 switch manual at kezar
a quirky approach to a typical spot

Hell yeah. I like him way more than any of the others, I hope the duder goes places regardless of the fact he aint winnin'

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »
When is OIAM going to be on MTV?

No seriously though, this is great, I thought last years was really rad but this is so much better. Really enjoyable to watch. Great job guys

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
glad people are digging them so much so far. as for length/amount of episodes, we're still talking about it but it'll be these length at least for this week. as for forrest, don't worry, he'll be right back with more in episode.
i'm looking at rough cuts for episodes 5, 6 and 7 today and it's so entertaining. 5 has great skating, 6 has raw trauma, 7 has some true jaw droppers...

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
People are talking shit on Reuben? I think he's fucking sick.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
Going that fast an ollieing up a curb is a trick in itself in my mind; that looked scurry.
When I was out in sf I tried bombing the hill and ollieing that same curb and clipped because I didn't judge it right. Rolled and skidded almost all the way to the stairs. But that's how I found out where kezar was.

Isn't Daryl a rumored asshole? He seemed pretty kind in the clips, lending a board and stopping traffic. But these dudes are doing really well in SF, all that shit is difficult to skate.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
I fucking love these episodes. Thank you SLAP!

sky davis

• Rep: -10
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2010, 02:44:16 PM »
i bet reuben could grow a beard in 7th grade. his skating is sickkkkkk- pops and catches his tricks so fast. i saw he tried to heelflip el toro on youtube

VictoriousOG

« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »
Props to J. Fitzgerald. To even think about ollieing the triple set is insane, especially with a curb right in front of it.

HRPoodersmith

• Rep: 63
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »
Props to J. Fitzgerald. To even think about ollieing the triple set is insane, especially with a curb right in front of it.

Yeah that was nuts!  whiteley it looked like he was just gonna go for it and didn't even ask you to stop traffic?

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
Not like I'm ever going to skate it, but where the heck is that "SF State Rail"?
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »
i saw him trying the flip tricks into the hill a few times but didn't know he was coming down the whole street. he made one trick into the hill, came down and almost got hit because it's basically a blind intersection, and when i saw that i went out to stop traffic on the rest. nobody really knew he was gonna go for it until then. then he only got those two other tries. there's an angle shot from above that i want to use for something later that shows how long the set really is. super rugged to try.

sf state rail- not really at sf state, but right near it. behind a mall, leading into some apartments.

daryl- not an asshole, just a sarcastic grump in a good way.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »
if forrest doesnt win this at least give him an award for something

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2010, 07:37:44 PM »
Holy shit on that triple set attempt. Reuben is actually really sick, don't know what the hate is about. Matty Hunt's nollie was the best looking trick yet, though not necessarily the hardest.
Random logistical question: On that day you started at the de young garden in Golden Gate park, then went down, away from the park, to stonestown. After getting the boot from there you drove back to golden gate park and skated kezar, which is a mild push from de young. Why?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2010, 08:30:12 PM »
On second look, I'm hyped on that Fitzgerald kid. They're going around SF skating all these flat spots and he just can't wait to get charging down them hills. Don't care that he didn't land it, it was awesome that he went for it. Not to mention the fact the Whiteley just subtly pointed out that he wasn't like "hey, can you film me, I'm going to try to ollie the triple set," it seems like he just walked up the hill and went for it, which makes it twice as cool.
Oh, and Daryl remembered Forrest's name. Just saying.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

nylin

friction!

• Rep: 18
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
after watching mattys footage in the photos/video section, hes gotta be my favorite dude thus far.
i cant remember if hes one of the final 3, but holy shit that kid has some steeze.

ster

• Rep: -13
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2010, 10:34:26 PM »
i saw him trying the flip tricks into the hill a few times but didn't know he was coming down the whole street. he made one trick into the hill, came down and almost got hit because it's basically a blind intersection, and when i saw that i went out to stop traffic on the rest. nobody really knew he was gonna go for it until then. then he only got those two other tries. there's an angle shot from above that i want to use for something later that shows how long the set really is. super rugged to try.

sf state rail- not really at sf state, but right near it. behind a mall, leading into some apartments.

daryl- not an asshole, just a sarcastic grump in a good way.
this is how i am, a lot of people think i'm an asshole too. i'm just misunderstood!

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »
has anyone done that before? he should go back, thats gnar

i think ramondetta had a photo doin it in a recent interview. might have been his most recent thrasher interview.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »
i bet reuben could grow a beard in 7th grade. his skating is sickkkkkk- pops and catches his tricks so fast. i saw he tried to heelflip el toro on youtube

You mean you guys couldn't grow facial hair at 16?

I was shaving by time I was 14!

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think ramondetta had a photo doin it in a recent interview. might have been his most recent thrasher interview.
it was a circa ad

TheFreshSC

« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2010, 11:04:23 PM »
I'm 20 and have yet to grow anything more than sparse chin stubble and a thin, golden-hued moustache. Rueben has it made

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »
No bullshit, I had puebes when I was 8

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:19 PM »
I'm 20 and have yet to grow anything more than sparse chin stubble and a thin, golden-hued moustache. Rueben has it made

dude the answer is obvious, just observe your master...
dress like you're trying to get chicks when you go skate and be a robot.
I lack smello'vision on my computer, but according to my assumalator, he most likely wears Acqua Di Gio.
Happy beardings bro.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2010, 12:09:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it was actually a Circa combat ad.  He definitely did do it though.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
Damn. I just now watched these episodes, and I should've waited until it was over to get the full dose of awesomeness.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »
Random logistical question: On that day you started at the de young garden in Golden Gate park, then went down, away from the park, to stonestown. After getting the boot from there you drove back to golden gate park and skated kezar, which is a mild push from de young. Why?
we got cock-blocked on a lot of spots that day and drove around a ton, but i think part of the reason we headed back over there was to get a new board for daryl at the shop. i know we got one for him along the way, oh, and john broke his board on that heelflip down the three at kezar and was actually riding daryl's new board for a little while on the hill. so that's daryl loaning once more on the day- what a guy, huh?

On second look, I'm hyped on that Fitzgerald kid. They're going around SF skating all these flat spots and he just can't wait to get charging down them hills. Don't care that he didn't land it, it was awesome that he went for it. Not to mention the fact the Whiteley just subtly pointed out that he wasn't like "hey, can you film me, I'm going to try to ollie the triple set," it seems like he just walked up the hill and went for it, which makes it twice as cool.
That is how it went, and john was nothing if not humble the whole time. good kid.

ramondetta did have that photo come out right before the contest week, although i don't know if he ollied up the curb. ollie is beast regardless.

as for matty, yeah, definitely consistent style point awards throughout the week. looking real good.

as for beards, i remember there was a full grown man in my 8th grade class who shaved every day. i, however, grew nothing until about 18, then fungus until maybe 21. i don't think it got really legit until another year or so after that. reuben is definitely bearded youth.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2010, 12:24:58 AM »
A pro skateboarder loaning a board is on the same level as bill gates giving a homeless man a dollar.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2010, 12:36:43 AM »
^ true in that light, but a person helping another person who they just met with no selfish motivation to do so is commendable regardless of the nature of their employment or socio-economic status. and while a board is certainly not hard to come by for a pro, i don't think daryl has 54 billion skateboards at his disposal- when do you think bill gates stopped to give two separate homeless guys a dollar in one afternoon?

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2010, 01:40:29 AM »
couldn't agree more
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face