Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277671 times)

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 6)
« Reply #570 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
They'll try to make me look like a jerk or an asshole.

But questions don't do that, answers do.

Unless the implication is that Slap is sitting on a lot of footage of Forrest saying a lot of shit that would reverse the negative reception he's been getting (his persona, at least). I mean, the editing shows he's good at skateboarding... if there were an agenda against him it seems like that would be the focus of any selective editing.

Not to mention, Mark's a good dude... if you did an interview with him you'd come across however you come across, not Mark's version of you. It'd be cool to see that shit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:54 AM »
they definitely haven't shown all the interviews, or all of the questions they're asked. Dudes clearly have an agenda against him. even if subconsciously, they have one. If they didn't forrest clearly would have won.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #572 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:13 AM »
I definitely couldn't get interviewed by someone that works for slap. They'll try to make me look like a jerk or an asshole.

it's not a "they" situation-- it's me. and try me. you'll find otherwise. ask any of the hundreds of people i have interviewed over the past decade if i've done that to them. ask anybody who has ever read any of the interviews i've done if that's what i do. i'm offering you a huge chance at some exposure. if you don't want it, that's cool, i respect your wishes, but don't be disrespectful and tell me i'm going to slander you somehow.

as for how forrest is being portrayed, you really think we made him say or do anything?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:11:34 AM by whiteley »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #573 on: December 14, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »
No, but you know what questions you're asking. I didn't see footage of gonzalo or rueben at flower shop. did you ask them if they don't skate transition often?

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #574 on: December 14, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
they definitely haven't shown all the interviews, or all of the questions they're asked. Dudes clearly have an agenda against him. even if subconsciously, they have one. If they didn't forrest clearly would have won.

of course we haven't shown all the interviews and questions-- they were here 24 hours a day for a full week, how are we supposed to show everything? it's edited to show a succinct version of the week. forrest was not our bad guy. nobody had any agenda against anybody, certainly not me. i told forrest to his face that he had my favorite entry video for the contest. what he said and did during the week is all him, skating and speaking equally.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #575 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »
No, but you know what questions you're asking. I didn't see footage of gonzalo or rueben at flower shop. did you ask them if they don't skate transition often?

they were inside hanging out with everybody, and they took a few runs. forrest stayed out.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #576 on: December 14, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »
How do you think Mark would portray you any differently than you portray yourself? I actually like your posts since you're the resident contrarian here (just my opinion)... but what image perception do you think would be different?

Anyway, if you were to get what you perceived as a loaded question, just break the framing of it and answer however you see fit... you do it in here all the time.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #577 on: December 14, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
I seriously can't remember one interview in Slap where they made the interviewee look like an idiot or a douche.

Although I do remember when they interviewed Duffel after that whole racist fiasco. He was too dumb to realise it was a chance to redeem himself so the interviewer basically had to put words in his mouth...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:36:33 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: December 14, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

of course we haven't shown all the interviews and questions-- they were here 24 hours a day for a full week, how are we supposed to show everything? it's edited to show a succinct version of the week. forrest was not our bad guy. nobody had any agenda against anybody, certainly not me. i told forrest to his face that he had my favorite entry video for the contest. what he said and did during the week is all him, skating and speaking equally.
C'mon son. Spy shots of him stumbling before a hill? asking him that question? get the fuck out of here.

I'm not an idiot, man. I can see what's going on.

sweet pee

• Rep: 124
« Reply #579 on: December 14, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
Forrest has had some good footage so far. I can't wait to see the Front 360, bigflip and switch 360 flip down that double set.
His personality may suck, but at least it's entertaining...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:52:26 AM by sweet pee »

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #580 on: December 14, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
C'mon son. Spy shots of him stumbling before a hill? asking him that question? get the fuck out of here.

I'm not an idiot, man. I can see what's going on.

i never said you were an idiot, and i don't think you are. that said, don't tell me to get the fuck out of here. i'm nothing but truthful, offering and upfront with you, and you have now repeatedly but rude in return.
what's wrong with asking him about why he's not skating? not that i asked him personally, i was inside the spot when the question was asked of him, but i wouldn't have a problem asking him that if i had wanted to know right then.
forrest made his presence and thoughts known in a strong way. showing what he said and did is simply part of the the week. feel however you want about it, think whatever you want to think about my "agenda"-- i don't care. i know myself, i know the events of the week, and i'm totally comfortable with showing what went down.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: December 14, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »
You just said there was no they, now there's a they come the fuck on. Some people up there definitely didn't like him. whether you're going to admit it or not.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #582 on: December 14, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
Hyped two of my close friends Mango and Matty got in it this year. Too bad neither of them won though. Forrest is a prick. That dude is good but won't go anywhere in skating because of his personality/attitude. "I'm not here for the experience. I'm here to win." That dude doesn't appreciate shit. I know one of the dudes over at Slap pulled Forrest aside and straight up told him that he has the worst attitude out of anyone he has ever met. He did tre flip 50-50 on Clipper hubba but that doesn't mean shit to me.

something I got from another forum. Just saying. and i know that faggot john wins.

89-90pistons

« Reply #583 on: December 14, 2010, 12:10:08 PM »
i, for one, completely and whole heartedly agree with childoftheghetto. there seems to be some kind of personal bias towards forrest

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #584 on: December 14, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
You just said there was no they, now there's a they come the fuck on. Some people up there definitely didn't like him. whether you're going to admit it or not.

i said there was no "they" offering to interview you, that's just me. there were plenty of "theys" making the OIAM episodes, of course-- myself, alex klein the director, justin the skate filmer, three documentary/HD filmers, the two photographers, etc.
yes, there were plenty of people who were bugged out by forrest. i never said anything contrary to that. he rubbed people in a crazy way, 100%, but that doesn't mean he's been made out to be something he wasn't.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #585 on: December 14, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »
if that interview shit happens, just fuckin pm cotg the questions you intend to ask, and he can answer the ones he wants, and the ones he doesn't, he won't. fuckin simple as that.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #586 on: December 14, 2010, 12:17:57 PM »
You can say "Skate Perception" here, CotG.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=267236&st

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #587 on: December 14, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
What's funny is i guarantee most of those dudes didn't say anything to his face. This is the type of shit I'm talking about. Exactly what i would expect from people that work for slap.

haha

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #588 on: December 14, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »
What's funny is i guarantee most of those dudes didn't say anything to his face. This is the type of shit I'm talking about. Exactly what i would expect from people that work for slap.

Expand Quote

[close]
haha

most of which dudes? i certainly said everything to everybody face to face, on camera. i have no problem putting my real thoughts out there with my name and face attached.
ok, i'm out of here for a bit. i'll check back later.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #589 on: December 14, 2010, 12:45:28 PM »
If someone's acting out with a bad case of the cold shoulder to everyone, a little reality check in the form of visual evidence of their actions and words is what they need. If the person decides to check themselves after, their choice. Lack of respect and a bad attitude to people in the industry will--surprise--not get you very far in the industry, unless you're running with some company who will manipulate your character into something people will love. Which can be argued in Forrest's case in these episodes.

If people decide to like them or not after, their choice. Example: Bukowski. Undeniable asshole, hates people but has his idols, has admitted to it numerous times. I still love that guy's work though. Like most other people, I dig Forrest's skating, but I wouldn't want to break bread with the dude. And it's not even in his solo interviews or the way he's edited, when they show everyone else he seems to always be on his own. Whether that's a preference or the fact that he didn't vibe with all the other guys, I dunno. Sounds like you can't see the Forrest for the trees though, Child. He's obviously getting this kind of reputation for a reason, physical skill doesn't buy you good press all the time; Darwin's theory works in other ways.

And for the record, I think the interview would be a good idea.  How the fuck would you come off as a jerk in an interview like that anyway?

"So, how was it learning to skate transition?"
"I dunno, it's for old people and little kids but it's kind of scary."

Haven't heard that one before.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

krewkruxklan

• Rep: 17
    • SUPRFI$CAL avatar image
« Reply #590 on: December 14, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
honestly, objectivity in this type of thing is hard to achieve.

but the contradictions here are overwhelming; dudes like heath and leo seem like assholes too-of course unless you get to know them (i assume). this applies to people in general; so i dont understand whant people are asking for here-he could be artificially humble or genuinly a dick, personally i'd rather take the latter, at least he's not trying hard to be lovable.

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL

kevbo999

« Reply #591 on: December 14, 2010, 12:54:58 PM »
for what's it worth, when gipper was talking trash to me on the forum and i invited him to come through the office and talk in person, he came, and while he wasn't as intense of a trash talker in person, he did indeed let his opinions be known plainly in person, which i respected.

story plz...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: December 14, 2010, 01:08:58 PM »
I actually had a big essay written, but i accidentally closed it. But I'm just going to say this. 90% of the dudes you guys like that don't skate everyday and do weak tricks and still think deserve to be pro are way more arrogant that a dude like forrest could ever be.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #593 on: December 14, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
I actually had a big essay written, but i accidentally closed it. But I'm just going to say this. 90% of the dudes you guys like that don't skate everyday and do weak tricks and still think deserve to be pro are way more arrogant that a dude like forrest could ever be.

Not to say arrogance of any kind is good, but it's different when a guy who's been around for a while is being arrogant compared to a guy who's trying to come up. That kind of arrogance comes off as being bitter, like an old man. New guy coming up seems disrespectful and hot-headed. Which could work, and I could be wrong. A lot of people seem to like him regardless; he's definitely entertaining. I'd like to see more.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #594 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »
hes only entertaining because everyone is making fun of him, kind of like the cast of the jersey shore.

some say hes being a dick, some say hes keeping it real, i simply think hes being upfront about his cocky assholish ways.
do i think he'll get a sponsor?  probably not.   
at the end of the day, people can deal with being around assholes but no one likes being around cocky people.                   

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #595 on: December 14, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
Expand Quote
didn't gipper backside 5050 hubba hideout?
[close]

Yeah... he had a clip of it a few versions of the forum ago. Sick shit... crunchy.

i wanna see
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
i, for one, completely and whole heartedly agree with childoftheghetto. there seems to be some kind of personal bias towards forrest

I never would have said this.

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
anyone thinking there is a bias is ridiculous, if stupid ass forrest is acting dumb or saying something stupid of course their gonna film him, its a fucking reality show..I also feel like when you have a pretty much one on one interview trying to let people get to know basically, and all this person can talk about is how he's defenitly not there for the experiencce, stricly to win, and that his "warm up tricks arent gay" I honestly dont care how good he may be at skating. He deserves nothing. someone buy this kook a lighter already..
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

earlygrab

« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
anyone thinking there is a bias is ridiculous, if stupid ass forrest is acting dumb or saying something stupid of course their gonna film him, its a fucking reality show..I also feel like when you have a pretty much one on one interview trying to let people get to know basically, and all this person can talk about is how he's defenitly not there for the experiencce, stricly to win, and that his "warm up tricks arent gay" I honestly dont care how good he may be at skating. He deserves nothing. someone buy this kook a lighter already..

indeed.

I think some people are using his persona as a platform to spew their own hate and bias. Then pretending they are the victims . It's pretty childish, completely transparent and reminds me of every pyscho ex girlfriend I ever had..

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »