Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277582 times)

whiteley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #660 on: December 15, 2010, 10:45:35 AM »
I don't think he clips because the stair is so low. His tail was definitely over the stair, but it doesn't look like it touched it.

this is correct as far as i could tell while standing right there. i don't think he would have been satisfied with a clip. he re-does other things later in the week that weren't 100%.

episode count-- it's gonna be 18 all in all. we expand the length of them and condense days into 1 or 2 episodes for awhile. the release pace will also slow a little around the holidays.

also, gonzo tried some hardflips but it wasn't there for him that session.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #661 on: December 15, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
Anyone who thinks the clip of homie left hanging was done to make Forrest look bad is being willfully ignorant.

I'm not a fan of Forrest... he's definitely a talented skater, but he's a kook. Having said that, if there was ever a Forrest's redemption episode, this would be it.

As a non-fan, this makes me like the dude a little more because I got to see him rip and talk less, but how anyone could interpret this one as a dis on him just doesn't make sense.
Whoever put that clip in there knew how it would be interpreted.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #662 on: December 15, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »
Swag swag

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #663 on: December 15, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone who thinks the clip of homie left hanging was done to make Forrest look bad is being willfully ignorant.

I'm not a fan of Forrest... he's definitely a talented skater, but he's a kook. Having said that, if there was ever a Forrest's redemption episode, this would be it.

As a non-fan, this makes me like the dude a little more because I got to see him rip and talk less, but how anyone could interpret this one as a dis on him just doesn't make sense.
[close]

What's to interpret? He's looking in the other direction... it's right there. The hang was funny for that very reason.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #664 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:40 AM »
the terms "swag" & "fool" have got to leave skateboarding immediately

sky davis

• Rep: -10
« Reply #665 on: December 15, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

What's to interpret? He's looking in the other direction... it's right there. The hang was funny for that very reason.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #666 on: December 15, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »
Forest killed it.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #667 on: December 15, 2010, 11:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
When people see that clip, they're not thinking "oh he's looking other way" they're thinking"oh forrest is a such a douche he left that guy hanging". Before i looked at it a second time, I thought he intentionally left him hanging also. I thought it was hilarious because that kid john is a lowkey jerk.

TXJDOT

• Rep: 0
« Reply #668 on: December 15, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »
I think we can all agree Forrest's go-to tricks aren't that gay

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
Man you seem sensitive about how people could possibly perceive Forest. He's sick though.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
I just think it's corny that they're doing that. I would be saying the same shit if they were doing it to anyone else.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #671 on: December 15, 2010, 11:12:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
When people see that clip, they're not thinking "oh he's looking other way" they're thinking"oh forrest is a such a douche he left that guy hanging". Before i looked at it a second time, I thought he intentionally left him hanging also. I thought it was hilarious because that kid john is a lowkey jerk.

It's the editor's fault that some people aren't looking at what's actually happening?

I think our differing perspectives on this is funny... I'm not a Forrest supporter, but found this episode to shine him in a pretty damn good light, while you do support him, and think there's something in here that makes him look bad.

In the end, people are just going to see what they want to I guess.

Also, if my wife knew I was talking about this she'd have automatic payback for the way I rag on the reality shows she watches. hehe

strangefires

« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
reuben is an asshole kook, despite how sick those tricks were.

that said, the 'leave-hang' was definitely displayed unfairly. i don't see how you could argue otherwise.
the guy does plenty of shit to embarrass himself almost non-stop. there is no need to emphasize his
shitty attitude via misleading video clips.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:21:54 AM by strangefires »

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #673 on: December 15, 2010, 11:18:18 AM »
the 5 minute episode was great, the longer the better [no homo].

forrest is incredible. just set on skating hard.

earlygrab

« Reply #674 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
It's entertaining how Child comes on here to constantly tell people what they think. I'm amazed anyone waste their time trying to reason with him.

Forrest finally got to show off. Killed it. Props. Did anyone expect him not to eventually kill it after seeing his sponsor video in the any of the other "stop picking on Forrest" threads?

I would like to see more skating. Even bails or mediocre lines. It's hard to see who is good at skating and who is good at tricks when you just show the days top 5 tricks.

straight double kickflips over a long gap take a shitload of skill.

todd rodd

• Rep: 5
« Reply #675 on: December 15, 2010, 11:23:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

so hating on forrest's shitty attitude isnt cool?

buy hating on john is?

apparently forrest doesnt care what people think.

SO WHY DO YOU GIVE A FUCK WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF FORREST?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: December 15, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »
Kid probably is a douchebag, but if you're going to call out one douchebag call them all out. And call out the lames and the dickriders, too.

littlefurythings

• Rep: -1
« Reply #677 on: December 15, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
I like Reuben but double kickflips are wack. It seems like everyone(except COTG) is in agreement that Forrest's attitude overshadows his skill, which is pretty wild because he has a whole lot of skill. Back 3, first try? That's just ridiculous. Its impossible to hate on that.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #678 on: December 15, 2010, 11:31:18 AM »
not feeling that rueben kid, seems like he's trying too hard to be the "super nice dude who's down for everything". Mind you, he's 16, so it's better than acting like a douche. Not a fan of double flips at all, and it made it more wack doing it after forrest had already shut down the spot. Like really? your going to do a double flip after seeing that? No one should have even skated after that big-flip, show some respect and sit down and watch forrest kill it. Leave the double flips to kerry getz.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #679 on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
One of the better and funnier episodes. John being a jerk is an unsupported claim. Dude got left hanging but Forrest said he's down for him later on. I saw it as funny. Reuban and Forrest, it's just a clash of personalities. Yet again, Forrest didn't go into the Flower Shop to watch the session or hang around, which is why there was that focus of him being outside of the group. When the other dudes don't skate, they're always in the background and giving props to the guys putting it down. Except for Reuban, because no one likes double flips, even if they were done perfect. Good job anyway.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2010, 11:37:43 AM »
No it isn't I know personally that dude is a jerk.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2010, 11:42:50 AM »
not feeling that rueben kid, seems like he's trying too hard to be the "super nice dude who's down for everything". Mind you, he's 16, so it's better than acting like a douche.

s'xactly

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
I mean, it's not like they CGI'ed Forest ignoring John. That shit happened. They only work with what Forest gives them. Personally though, I watched that shit and didn't get the vibe he was ignoring him. If anything that John dude looked like a douche for hanging the arm so long when Forest wasn't looking.

John, next time just shout "Nice job Forest. I want to touch hands with you." and this will all be avoided.

Rutger Hauer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -25
« Reply #683 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:34 AM »
Damn good episode. I have now found myself lurking for a new episode on daily basis.
Good job people of SLAP.
"I don't know what my appeal is. I can see I've got blue eyes and don't look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but I can't understand the fuss."

Lurkenstock

« Reply #684 on: December 15, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »
I knew something was up. You have a regular ass nigga in there with these weirdos. Are you really about to hug a nigga with his shirt off? I told you niggas.
If I may use one of your favorites:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The look on Forrest's face when dude tried to hug him was amazing, someone should make an animated .gif of that shit or just a screen grab of that moment where his face is just like horrified that he's getting hugged.

He did fuck that double set up though.
Those three tricks were sick and done so quick, and on the switch 360 flip his legs looked so crazy like he might not have a chance and then he stomped it, truly mental.

And it also looked like he did not leave dude hanging intentionally, he definitely seemed to be looking in the other direction by then.

At this point it's like you can't wait to see what Forrest is gonna do next, straight up entertainment right here.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #685 on: December 15, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
If you honestly misinterpreted that high 5, then you are just regular and have a poor sense of humor. A lot of yall blow up the supidest shit for no apparent reason, this is my only comment on this subject so I don't fuel this lame excuse of a flame.

Swag swag

dlx111

• Rep: -58
« Reply #686 on: December 15, 2010, 11:59:35 AM »
not feeling that rueben kid, seems like he's trying too hard to be the "super nice dude who's down for everything". Mind you, he's 16, so it's better than acting like a douche. Not a fan of double flips at all, and it made it more wack doing it after forrest had already shut down the spot. Like really? your going to do a double flip after seeing that? No one should have even skated after that big-flip, show some respect and sit down and watch forrest kill it. Leave the double flips to kerry getz.

calling out a dude for doing a trick regardless of what it was after someone else already did something is stupid. if youre skating with friends your gonna wanna skate regardless and seeing someone else land stuff only hypes you up more.i wouldve done a trick i was feeling despite that trick being less awesome, atleast you landed something. and rube and the rest of the guys seem like dudes who would actually be fun to skate with unlike forrest who while talented, his attitude whether hes serious or not is not going to carry him far in the industry or outside of skating.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #687 on: December 15, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
I think we can all agree Forrest's go-to tricks aren't that gay

Yeah, bicurious at most

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #688 on: December 15, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
and just like i said, no one is making a big deal about the other 5 dudes not skating a spot.
[close]

Seems like all other could skate gaps/stairs, but chose not to. Only Rueben and Forrest was throwing down.

I'm sure I could ollie that set.  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try.  

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #689 on: December 15, 2010, 12:05:41 PM »
I knew something was up. You have a regular ass nigga in there with these weirdos. Are you really about to hug a nigga with his shirt off? I told you niggas.

i'm inclined to agree that it's potentially not the best move to engage in shirtless man-hugs with a regular ass nigga
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."