Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277576 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and just like i said, no one is making a big deal about the other 5 dudes not skating a spot.
[close]

Seems like all other could skate gaps/stairs, but chose not to. Only Rueben and Forrest was throwing down.
[close]

I'm sure I could ollie that set.  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try. 

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.
Man I'm disappointed in you. You're supposed to hold your shit down. If p rod came to my ledges that nigga would definitely know who's spot it was.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »
I think the main reason the rest of those dudes didn't skate the double set was why the fuck would you after seeing that bigflip?
I mean it would have been cool to see at least more than one other dude try something down it but I think they knew at that point that they weren't going to get anything gnarlier than what Forrest was putting down

Also after that first try 360 I'm sure dude's were like I GOT NOTHING FOR THIS SPOT.

Like this dude is on fire and I'm just gonna sit down and enjoy watching it happen live.  

VictoriousOG

« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »
I don't think P Rod would skate a curb.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
you're an idiot

Lurkenstock

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2010, 12:12:52 PM »
Also, this is funny but I think the moment of disgust was not fully captured in all of it's glory, still funny though.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
The fact that he said "i know you have your shirt off" makes that shit extra gay. You are fully acknowledging the gayness of it, and still doing it.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and just like i said, no one is making a big deal about the other 5 dudes not skating a spot.
[close]

Seems like all other could skate gaps/stairs, but chose not to. Only Rueben and Forrest was throwing down.
[close]

I'm sure I could ollie that set.  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try. 

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.
[close]
Man I'm disappointed in you. You're supposed to hold your shit down. If p rod came to my ledges that nigga would definitely know who's spot it was.

I don't think P Rod would skate a curb.

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahaahaha

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #697 on: December 15, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »
The fact that he said "i know you have your shirt off" makes that shit extra gay. You are fully acknowledging the gayness of it, and still doing it.

Hahahahaahahahaahaha so much funny shit going on right now. Good point though.

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #698 on: December 15, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm sure I could ollie that set.  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try.  

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.
[close]
Can I buy some of your ledges/spots?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #699 on: December 15, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
they're not for sale.

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #700 on: December 15, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
AH DERNIT.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #701 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
damn, son! Forrest is a FUCKING BOSS.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #702 on: December 15, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »
Forrest slayed that spot.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #703 on: December 15, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »
damn, son! Forrest is a FUCKING BOSS.
The boss of eating fruit.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #704 on: December 15, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »
in retrospective I have to say that the last one in a million finals were pretty medicore - but only because this year seems so fucking great. besides more tricks, more spots, better filming and editing there is forrest. he's fucking dope - in every way.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #705 on: December 15, 2010, 01:16:35 PM »
that was so funny when that white dude had his arm out for daps and dude didn't even see it and left him hanging haha i love awkward moments and forrest is an awkward moment factory
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Hatechild

« Reply #706 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
"Rueben and that other kid Mango. The're all like grabbing each others ass, I'm all like what the fuck" 

Forrest cracks me up. This show would be so boring without him. I don't think Slap is editing to make the guy look bad...they are showing what went down and Forrest happens to say/do some funny shit. It's obvious the guy doesn't give a fuck what the competition thinks.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #707 on: December 15, 2010, 01:26:24 PM »
Expand Quote
not feeling that rueben kid, seems like he's trying too hard to be the "super nice dude who's down for everything". Mind you, he's 16, so it's better than acting like a douche. Not a fan of double flips at all, and it made it more wack doing it after forrest had already shut down the spot. Like really? your going to do a double flip after seeing that? No one should have even skated after that big-flip, show some respect and sit down and watch forrest kill it. Leave the double flips to kerry getz.

[close]
calling out a dude for doing a trick regardless of what it was after someone else already did something is stupid. if youre skating with friends your gonna wanna skate regardless and seeing someone else land stuff only hypes you up more.i wouldve done a trick i was feeling despite that trick being less awesome, atleast you landed something. and rube and the rest of the guys seem like dudes who would actually be fun to skate with unlike forrest who while talented, his attitude whether hes serious or not is not going to carry him far in the industry or outside of skating.

whatever dude, I wouldn't say I'm calling the dude out we are on the internet after all, since when did my opinion matter? last time I checked this thing is a competition, not just "skating with friends", and why throw down a wack ass double flip after the spot has just been destroyed, seems rather pointless to me.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #708 on: December 15, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »
There was no reason for him not to get something. Just because someone is killing doesn't mean you can't skate.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #709 on: December 15, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
i guess my hatred for double flips is really coming to fruition, because if he had done almost any other trick I probably wouldn't have said shit

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #710 on: December 15, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
WOW he killded it,
and this show is super entertaining.

gizmo

• Rep: 3
« Reply #711 on: December 15, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
"Rueben and that other kid Mango. The're all like grabbing each others ass, I'm all like what the fuck" 

Forrest cracks me up. This show would be so boring without him. I don't think Slap is editing to make the guy look bad...they are showing what went down and Forrest happens to say/do some funny shit. It's obvious the guy doesn't give a fuck what the competition thinks.

I was just about to post about that comment. That along with Mango blowing the kiss which led to the shirtless hug was funnier than shit (no homo).

al swearengen

• Rep: 40
« Reply #712 on: December 15, 2010, 02:06:09 PM »
it's funny, slap has used one of the oldest tactics in the book of reality shows. put on someone who is a complete dick to everybody and the viewers will (for the most part), hate him. he's controversial which makes the show interesting. i never really followed the one in a million's before this year because they were pretty dull for the most part. there's already like 25 pages of people talking about OIAM in this thread, the majority being about forrest. it's tight though, definitely not complaining... he's entertaining to watch for sure.

and what the fuck kind of 16 year old can grow that kind of facial hair. i'm 19 and can't even grow a fucking dirt 'stache

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #713 on: December 15, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »
and what the fuck kind of 16 year old can grow that kind of facial hair

A Jewish kid, that's who.  We're some hairy people.  This is my dad at 16.  He's the short one with long hair.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:18:44 PM by jeremyrandall »

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #714 on: December 15, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
Expand Quote
and what the fuck kind of 16 year old can grow that kind of facial hair
[close]

A Jewish kid, that's who.  We're some hairy people.  This is my dad at 16.

the tall one?   

gnarly
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #715 on: December 15, 2010, 02:15:36 PM »
There was no reason for him not to get something. Just because someone is killing doesn't mean you can't skate.
Agreed 1000%, and I think your mention of the other dudes sitting back and not skating is valid as well.

I don't have any animosity towards double flips, but even if I did, the fact is that only two of them really skated the set... and even if all of the other cats just did one footers down it, it would have shown their own diversity in what kind of shit they'll skate and if anything, just enhance the fact that Forrest had the right to chisel his name on every stair there.

I wish Forrest had tried to at least to an edger on transition, but I also would have liked to have seen some of the other contest participants do a go-to trick of some sort no matter how basic they may have been compared to the difficulty and variety that Forrest displayed.

I can understand John sitting out though, as just an ollie could've made his frankenstaples open up, probably even with a perfect landing.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #716 on: December 15, 2010, 02:15:58 PM »
slap should prob give him a couple boards for what he's doing for the show ratings, and general interest  ha.

what exactly is wrong with double flips?  or is it to block triples and quads from coming in?  

kinda seems like saying bigger flips are gayer than big flips.  no comprendo.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #717 on: December 15, 2010, 02:18:29 PM »
How big is that stair set and how sketchy is the ground? It doesn't look that hard of a spot, then again video can't show the difficulty.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #718 on: December 15, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
fully satisfied with that last episode haha... did more then shut a bunch of dudes up on the hating, it turned the main hater gay for him hahahahaha. wow. i agree to an extent, if someone came to my spot killing it i wouldn't stop skating if i wanted to skate but, i would deffinatly enjoy a good watch. in this case, forrest was just on point, oviously way more then anyone else. i really do think it is not that htey didn't want to skate it but, just that they knew nothing they were going to do was gonna compare to forrest's shit. it sounds kinda fucked up but it's true, it would have just been wasted effort. you can't tell me gonzo didn't have some shit for that you know? rueben's double flip was tight i will say that but, i really like this episode most because, it shows that there was an uncomfortable situation going on in forrest's head the whole time just like i had said. grabbin asses & getting all queer'd out is deffinatly not the way to win a contest... sorry fellas. doing the 3 best tricks that have ever been done at a rough spot the first time you've ever  been there... that's how you should win a contest... i take back what i said about them making this too dramatic as well... it's awesome & always leaves you wanting more

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:46 PM »
fully satisfied with that last episode haha... did more then shut a bunch of dudes up on the hating, it turned the main hater gay for him hahahahaha. wow. i agree to an extent, if someone came to my spot killing it i wouldn't stop skating if i wanted to skate but, i would deffinatly enjoy a good watch. in this case, forrest was just on point, oviously way more then anyone else. i really do think it is not that htey didn't want to skate it but, just that they knew nothing they were going to do was gonna compare to forrest's shit. it sounds kinda fucked up but it's true, it would have just been wasted effort. you can't tell me gonzo didn't have some shit for that you know? rueben's double flip was tight i will say that but, i really like this episode most because, it shows that there was an uncomfortable situation going on in forrest's head the whole time just like i had said. grabbin asses & getting all queer'd out is deffinatly not the way to win a contest... sorry fellas. doing the 3 best tricks that have ever been done at a rough spot the first time you've ever  been there... that's how you should win a contest... i take back what i said about them making this too dramatic as well... it's awesome & always leaves you wanting more

I don't know if the "main hater" comment was directed at me or not (the thread's moving pretty fast), but like I said on the previous pages ago, I still think he's a kook. I never denied his skills. I'm just being consistent.

One thing, you know him better than anyone here... how did you see the "left hanging" incident? Or rather, did you see that as shot/edited in a way that made him look bad? I saw one guy looking at another guy who was in turn looking somewhere else (which I thought was funny).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:46:24 PM by grimcity »