Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277625 times)

alittleethnicsong

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2010, 02:50:09 PM »
Forest better win--because he is by far the dude who appears to care the most, and thus, the dude that is going to be the most crushed by not winning. Good--dude finally killed a spot.

The rest of the dudes just seem to be enjoying all of the free product, pros, money, and how overwhelming San Francisco can be to someone who hasn't been there.

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »
I agree that Forrest has the potential to win this contest but winning it will get him no where as far as skating for a career goes. I know there are some examples of skaters with messed up attitudes that make a decent living with skating but who would honestly pick this guy up if the majority of people out there hate him (actually that is a questions because I feel like he could fit on some teams and sponsors but just don't know who). Only team I really see him on is Selfish or maybe on a Baker team if he meshes with those guys. Shit....maybe even DGK would fuck with him as well.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #722 on: December 15, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »
yea I could see dgk. That's the largest collection of non-fags in the industry.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #723 on: December 15, 2010, 03:15:23 PM »
the dude lands 3 tricks and everyone jumped of the hate wagon with the quickness, haha!

honestly, i just don't like the dude.  he tries to give off that i don't give a fuck attitude when its obvious that he does give a fuck.  i mean, its a competition after all, he can't let those guys get ahead, hes in it to win it.  i like skaters who are driven and determined but he comes across like such a jock.  whatever, my opinion only matters to me anyway.     

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #724 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
fully satisfied with that last episode haha... did more then shut a bunch of dudes up on the hating, it turned the main hater gay for him hahahahaha. wow. i agree to an extent, if someone came to my spot killing it i wouldn't stop skating if i wanted to skate but, i would deffinatly enjoy a good watch. in this case, forrest was just on point, oviously way more then anyone else. i really do think it is not that htey didn't want to skate it but, just that they knew nothing they were going to do was gonna compare to forrest's shit. it sounds kinda fucked up but it's true, it would have just been wasted effort. you can't tell me gonzo didn't have some shit for that you know? rueben's double flip was tight i will say that but, i really like this episode most because, it shows that there was an uncomfortable situation going on in forrest's head the whole time just like i had said. grabbin asses & getting all queer'd out is deffinatly not the way to win a contest... sorry fellas. doing the 3 best tricks that have ever been done at a rough spot the first time you've ever ? been there... that's how you should win a contest... i take back what i said about them making this too dramatic as well... it's awesome & always leaves you wanting more
[close]

I don't know if the "main hater" comment was directed at me or not (the thread's moving pretty fast), but like I said on the previous pages ago, I still think he's a kook. I never denied his skills. I'm just being consistent.

One thing, you know him better than anyone here... how did you see the "left hanging" incident? Or rather, did you see that as shot/edited in a way that made him look bad? I saw one guy looking at another guy who was in turn looking somewhere else (which I thought was funny).
i dont direct comments at people unless i quote them & say "you fucking idiot....." ya know? not to sound stupid but, i'm not going to just log on here & talk about posters without calling them out straight by their name. i also can't keep up with 28 pages of dumbasses with the same fucking opinion..... i'm not putting you in that category, i'm putting all the people with 12 posts that are logging in here saying the same shit about how ungreatful & how he didn't give fives & blah blah blah blah i can't read all that shit so, i just fast forward through it & say this.... i take back my comments of mark or daryl directly being negative or mean towards forrest or the editor trying to make him  look bad, it seems like it at first with the whole golden gate thing but, who cares i'll pretend like i didn't notice. as for your question, no i don't think the high five bullshit was used to make him lok like a dick, i think it was obvious that he wasn't paying attention to the dude & just walked off. besides, forrest gave him a shout out & said he liked the dude but, that he was just quiet. so, he probably didn't expect that dude to try & give him a high five ya know? like i don't think he expects everybody to run up & be all stoked on his shit especially that dude when he just said he was quiet & the dude was sitting by himself against the wall yaknow? forrest wouldn't turn down a high five, not even from rueben obviously ya know? i mean he will turn down a shirtless hug hahah but i think that was the best-sportsmenship in this whole thing & i hate to use that word because i dont see skating as a sport but, i just mean, forrest is the last dude that's gonna give you a fucking hug, especially rueben, so not being like "no dude thats pretty fucking gay" deserves a round of applause from all you fools. i used to hate this fool but cotg is on point in this thread not because he says the same shit as me but because he knows what he is talking about.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #725 on: December 15, 2010, 03:44:40 PM »
^in desperate need of a set of knee pads...   

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #726 on: December 15, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »
that was a great episode....i wish they were everyday.  forrest is killing it, rueben is such a geek but i still like him too. 

this thread is also amazing
where is home?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #727 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »
Forest better win--because he is by far the dude who appears to care the most, and thus, the dude that is going to be the most crushed by not winning. Good--dude finally killed a spot.

The rest of the dudes just seem to be enjoying all of the free product, pros, money, and how overwhelming San Francisco can be to someone who hasn't been there.

what the f?! you speak in "normal" mode as well? alittleethnicsong just has too many layers, man.

Hold The Tomatos

« Reply #728 on: December 15, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
Nick Merlino: One of the most amazing skateboarders on earth who possessed a horrible attitude in the beginning of his career.
He ended up burning a lot of bridges.

Many people seem to forget that a sponsored skateboarder is a billboard.

Now, if you like his attitude or not, (Forest's) that's up to you, but the industry is a small, tight-knit community, if you rub someone the wrong way, no matter how incredible you are, you can shut yourself out from great opportunities.
Forest needs to take a hint from skateboarders such as Nick, Bastien, Austin and others who kill it, but had their egos ruin their careers pre maturly.

alittleethnicsong

« Reply #729 on: December 15, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what the f?! you speak in "normal" mode as well? alittleethnicsong just has too many layers, man.

Hey...I was busy taking abuse from floop in another thread, and missed out on the pages of discussion on the nuances and protocols of handshaking and male camaraderie...can we get that going again?

justis14

« Reply #730 on: December 15, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
idk that double set looks like the looks of it were deceiving

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #731 on: December 15, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
i love awkward moments and forrest is an awkward moment factory

About sums it up.

Also, lay off the italics ethnicsong.

corned beef

• Rep: 12
« Reply #732 on: December 15, 2010, 04:33:16 PM »

Definitely clipped on the switch tre, but as I said before, that just made it gnarlier for me. I use to really dislike Forrest, but the entertainment value he brings has been unrivaled in terms of recent skateboarders. We all love to hate Lutzka, Dyrdek, Dyet, and other kooks, but I'll be damned if Forrest hasn't been one of the most entertaining aspects of the skate world as of late.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #733 on: December 15, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and just like i said, no one is making a big deal about the other 5 dudes not skating a spot.
[close]

Seems like all other could skate gaps/stairs, but chose not to. Only Rueben and Forrest was throwing down.
[close]

I'm sure I could ollie that set.?  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.?  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.?  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.?  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.?  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.?  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.?  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try.? 

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.?  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.
[close]
Man I'm disappointed in you. You're supposed to hold your shit down. If p rod came to my ledges that nigga would definitely know who's spot it was.
[close]

Expand Quote
I don't think P Rod would skate a curb.
[close]

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahaahaha

that was a victorious post OG

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #734 on: December 15, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
^in desperate need of a set of knee pads...?  ? 
and chapstick

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #735 on: December 15, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »

Definitely clipped on the switch tre, but as I said before, that just made it gnarlier for me. I use to really dislike Forrest, but the entertainment value he brings has been unrivaled in terms of recent skateboarders. We all love to hate Lutzka, Dyrdek, Dyet, and other kooks, but I'll be damned if Forrest hasn't been one of the most entertaining aspects of the skate world as of late.

Forrest killed it, still don't like him though.

Dyet can burn in hell.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #736 on: December 15, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
^in desperate need of a set of knee pads...??  ?? 
[close]
and chapstick
yeah fool i'm like 45 & i lick my lips way too much dude you guy's are helpful i knew my grocery list was laggin.....

nigga i'm 16 & i eat pussy i don't need your products dawg thanks  :P :P ;D :o 8)

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

VictoriousOG

« Reply #737 on: December 15, 2010, 06:25:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
and just like i said, no one is making a big deal about the other 5 dudes not skating a spot.
[close]

Seems like all other could skate gaps/stairs, but chose not to. Only Rueben and Forrest was throwing down.
[close]

I'm sure I could ollie that set.?  And if I tried really really hard I might be able to do some other shit down it.?  But if I went there with a crew, and someone immediately started throwing down Bigspin Flips, I would definitely sit down and watch.?  Pretty sure that's why most of those guys didn't bother.?  Forrest was on it, may as well sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm sure this is the same reason why Forrest didn't skate that bowl.?  I know for a fact that some of my friends will skate transition when I'm not around.?  But if I'm there, they kinda don't bother because the stuff they're trying to learn is basics to me.?  It's not a bragging thing, it's just that I'm at another level than they are at that type of skating, and it's a bit disheartening for them to try.? 

Or for instance...I can skate ledges decently well, but if P.Rod and Shane O'neil showed up, I'd get myself as far away from that ledge as possible.?  Hell...if TNT showed up and started skating a bowl, I'd probably sit down and watch.
[close]
Man I'm disappointed in you. You're supposed to hold your shit down. If p rod came to my ledges that nigga would definitely know who's spot it was.
[close]

Expand Quote
I don't think P Rod would skate a curb.
[close]

Hahahahahaahahahaahahahaahaha

[close]
that was a victorious post OG

labia

• Rep: -1
« Reply #738 on: December 15, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
Nick Merlino: One of the most amazing skateboarders on earth who possessed a horrible attitude in the beginning of his career.

Now, if you like his attitude or not, (Forest's) that's up to you, but the industry is a small, tight-knit community, if you rub someone the wrong way, no matter how incredible you are, you can shut yourself out from great opportunities.
Forest needs to take a hint from skateboarders such as Nick, Bastien, Austin and others who kill it, but had their egos ruin their careers pre maturly.

austin who?

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #739 on: December 15, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

austin who?

Austen Seaholm homey, the king of dew tour contests:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #740 on: December 15, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »
how has nobody taken a screen grab of Reynolds, shirtless, hugging one of his friends after landing something gnarly? I know I've seen it happen.
and if the homo/gay/fag jokes, shots, and comments are going to keep coming up, well....
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
@idealhandmades

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #741 on: December 15, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
austin seaholm would dominate the street league technical section.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #742 on: December 15, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
You sure Seaholm didn't get blacklisted because of choices in music and tricks?  His attitude seems much lower on his list offenses against the greater skateboard world.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #743 on: December 15, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
DON'T FUCKING TELL ME WHAT TO DO HILLARY DUFF

cotg is forrest
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:00:40 PM by drunk »
formerly toonie

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #744 on: December 15, 2010, 07:01:58 PM »
I like that Forest was stoked on having a specific way to fall on his switch 360 flip bails.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #745 on: December 15, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
that skating at the double set was fucking unbelieveable. nothing else in the contest even compares to that shit, i was completely blown away.
ONTARIO CANADA

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #746 on: December 15, 2010, 07:56:56 PM »
You sure Seaholm didn't get blacklisted because of choices in music and tricks?  His attitude seems much lower on his list offenses against the greater skateboard world.

I doubt crying over coming 2nd at Tampa Am won him any supporters.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #747 on: December 15, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »
I like that Forest was stoked on having a specific way to fall on his switch 360 flip bails.

I can relate. I go through spells where I fall like shit and just get hurt constantly.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #748 on: December 15, 2010, 08:04:28 PM »
Only thing i remember from austyn seaholm was a wacky ninja bearings commercial.  Forrest is enjoyable and the funniest thing is he doesnt even know hes funny and that makes it even more fun
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #749 on: December 15, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »
at the interview thing toward the end you could tell forrest felt really awkward when whitely told him how much he killed it, which probably inversely relates to why forrest doesnt just say hes hyped on everything else that people do in the contest