Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277631 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 7)
« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2010, 08:41:42 PM »
That episode did seem slanted against his personality actually. I mean, I'm sure he's a dick anyway, otherwise he wouldn't make people want to portray him as one, but the fact that they explicitly point out his 10th try then show a clip of him saying he probably only tried to skate it 10 times total on top of leaving the dude hanging kinda did. Obviously the dude was exaggerating, but it just seemed like a super subtle dig for some reason. And whoever is claiming that the editor didn't know people were going to think he was a dick because they would have to be idiots to think that- I guarantee whoever editted this has come on here, and therefore most know that thousands of morons will definitely be watching this.

Its funny that everybody is loving on that double flip, because it made me reconsider my respect for them. Next to the shit Forrest was doing, a double flip just seems like something that looks really technical, but really isn't. Like "Oh he's killing it, if I want to compare I need to do a kickflip that flips twice" it just seems silly to me for some reason. I mean, I'm sure I couldn't do it down that, but the tricks Forrest did and Gonzo's hardflip were gnarlier by far.

Considering Forrest's open and loud homophobia (one of the first things he says is reassurance that his tricks are heterosexual) I feel like Mango and Reuben are straight fucking with Forrest just to make him feel uncomfortable. Either way, Mango is rad.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
whether you prefer one to the other is irrelevant, but a hardflip is definitely an easier trick than a double flip. no question about it.

BriDen

« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »
whether you prefer one to the other is irrelevant, but a hardflip is definitely an easier trick than a double flip. no question about it.

Sarcasm? Or do you actually think that some tricks are universally harder than others?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »
its all casting, writing and editing just like any other reality show. the skating is quite good though.

p.s. on the whole missed daps ordeal: i dont think that forrest was intentionally snubbing jon, or as forrest referred to as the quiet guy. Jon didnt speak up and say something like, "leave me hanging," or, "fuck your props."  if you look closely you will notice that the only two people that probably knew that this had happened at this point are the camera operator and jon himself. Not even jack curtain saw it. Im calling this the Jack Curtain Defense.

this shit is like pringles.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »

you crazy. no question about it!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #755 on: December 15, 2010, 09:59:20 PM »
i am for the most part not a fan of double flips but Rueben's looked like a completely different animal, it looked pretty sick.
where is home?

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #756 on: December 15, 2010, 10:03:10 PM »
Forrest kills it. I still think John is going to win though.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2010, 10:43:59 PM »
the comparison of austin seaholme (however you spell) to forrest is ridiculous... austin is a complete dick & his style is ass.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #758 on: December 15, 2010, 11:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you crazy. no question about it!
you people are fooled by the name.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2010, 11:14:26 PM »
I don't know, double flips are super easy. Not to say that hard flips are hard, but for me double flip is easier. I don't know the general consensus is though.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #760 on: December 15, 2010, 11:25:10 PM »
Double flip is a tad easier than hardflip for me, but trick difficulty always differs from person to person.
Not saying I'm backing reuben's trick selection, but he made his look better than most. Hardflip is obviously the better trick though

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #761 on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:27 PM »
to me, hardflips seem to just be barely more difficult than a kickflip, and about the same amount of effort. i always seem to have to kick super hard or put my feet in weird positions to do double flips. must just be me then.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #762 on: December 16, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
stefan would probably say a kickflip was harder then a switch flip or took more effort. everyone is different. hardflip is deffinatly cooler. double flips are dorky unless they are done well.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Lurkenstock

« Reply #763 on: December 16, 2010, 12:06:05 AM »
I don't know, double flips are super easy. Not to say that hard flips are hard, but for me double flip is easier. I don't know the general consensus is though.
Yeah that is how it was back in the day when wheels were hella small, double flips were fucking easy but I haven't tried to do one in forever.
The way I see it, double flips, much like underflips and late flips, came and went a long time ago for a reason, they were pretty much fucking stupid, and now for some reason they're back and a lot of people think they're cool but I still think they're ugly and unnecessary.

I mean if a double flip is supposedly so much radder than a regular kickflip, why don't guys do triple or quadruple flips, because by that reasoning wouldn't that be cooler than a double flip?
I mean go quintuple with it why not.
Might as well sextuple flip!

Ah fuck it people are gonna do them no matter what so I'll just shut up now.
Waiting for the next episode.
Run Forrest, run!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #764 on: December 16, 2010, 12:06:47 AM »
I find it easy to do double flip that hardflip, When i double flip, the key is to jump high, not so much the flick. When I try a hardflip I concentrate on fs shove it first then kickback with my front foot, sort of a mind fuck at times.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #765 on: December 16, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »
reuben is a little turd.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Mackattack

« Reply #766 on: December 16, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »
I could hardflip anything before double flipping it, but really, what is the point of a double kickflip??

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #767 on: December 16, 2010, 12:47:29 AM »
I could hardflip anything before double flipping it, but really, what is the point of a double kickflip??

for the board to flip twice, i think.

pmatute

• Rep: -4
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
Forrest should get skater of the year 2011

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2010, 01:00:13 AM »
what is the point of flipping wood plank with wheels at all?

certainly not necessary for tampaX am victories.

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »
Forrest obviously rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for the start and acted like an asshole. Why should they potray him as anything else than that? Go out of their way to make him look like nothing of the sort happened? Fuck that. You reap what you sow. Like the board breaking incident for instance. Forrest's friend here was like "I try to pretend they didn't try to make him look bad". Well, you just don't act like that. You say please, you say thank you. Normal rules of presenting yourself in the world, no? Especially if someone is lending you a hand. Leaving something like that out would have been twisting the truth cause it's so fucking weird he acted like that.

And Slap most defintely did not play down his skating, quite the opposite. I think the reason for numbering the tries on the bigflip was to give an idea how quick it went, how on it he was and how close to nailing it right away he was, not to set him up for the interview.

As for winning the contest, or getting hooked up by a company, skill only won't do it. Nobody wants to hire a dickhead who's hard to work with.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #771 on: December 16, 2010, 04:07:32 AM »
Forrest reminds me of one of those aliens from Men in Black. This motherfucker cannot be for real.

BFKskateboards

« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2010, 06:15:30 AM »
Forrest reminds me of one of those aliens from Men in Black. This motherfucker cannot be for real.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #773 on: December 16, 2010, 06:24:25 AM »
i have this feeling that whiteley(or the powers that be) are now going to edit out majority of the stupid shit forrest said just to appease COTG and his SLAP is bias bullshit and episode 7 is proof of that...
since COTG is calling us out on having something against forrest, lets just show him doing tricks and leave out the clips of him saying the stupid shit he says.
i might be wrong but its obvious that forrest suffers from a pretty bad case of foot in mouth disease.  i find it odd that right after COTG made a stink about it that forrest was suddenly cured.           

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #774 on: December 16, 2010, 07:43:40 AM »
What do the Chilean mine rescue and Forrest Edwards have in common? While 33 miners were stuck in a mine, Forrest Edwards' head is stuck up his own ass and his 33 teeth are rambling their way out. I hate this kid but I will give credit where its due on those 3 hammers.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #775 on: December 16, 2010, 08:20:08 AM »
i have this feeling that whiteley(or the powers that be) are now going to edit out majority of the stupid shit forrest said just to appease COTG and his SLAP is bias bullshit and episode 7 is proof of that...
since COTG is calling us out on having something against forrest, lets just show him doing tricks and leave out the clips of him saying the stupid shit he says.
i might be wrong but its obvious that forrest suffers from a pretty bad case of foot in mouth disease.  i find it odd that right after COTG made a stink about it that forrest was suddenly cured.           

i kind of doubt Whiteley makes professional decisions based on COTG
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #776 on: December 16, 2010, 08:25:33 AM »
I know, he actually had the most words in this one. and they put in the missed high five.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #777 on: December 16, 2010, 08:33:46 AM »
One of the art guys here has been making these. Feel free sig them

Hexagon

« Reply #778 on: December 16, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
I know, he actually had the most words in this one. and they put in the missed high five.

You should have sex with him, montel.

In Lieu

• Rep: 15
  • happy go hatred
« Reply #779 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »
the way Forrest talks reminds me of a less OTT version of Unforgivable.
EYTAFIOK