Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277596 times)

Nate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 8)
« Reply #840 on: December 17, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
I know it may seem as if Reuben is coming off as overly polite or whatever, but he really is that nice of a dude. He was just raised to be thankful for everything. It's funny how Forrest can't fathom that somebody like that exists haha. The remarks about him being an ass kisser is whack. He was only 16 and it was one of his first trips skating outside of SD pretty much, he was honestly just stoked to be there and get out of school for a week haha.   

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #841 on: December 17, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »
that ditch session was really dope. tommy, john, nik and matty's tricks were great (especially that shove crooks to regular.) i just think it's funny how Forrest and COTG have so many things in common. doesn't COTG think skating ditches/banks to ledge are lame? i was really not surprised when Forrest decided to not skate it. the next episode looks gnar. can't wait!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #842 on: December 17, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »
Bank to ledges are gay as fuck, but i defnitely could have done better tricks than those dudes on that one. matt did a good trick, the other two did bank to ledge tricks.

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #843 on: December 17, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
Bank to ledges are gay as fuck, but i defnitely could have done better tricks than those dudes on that one. matt did a good trick, the other two did bank to ledge tricks.

Why are they gay? The only problem I have with em is when someone grinds to a complete stop and comes back in.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: December 17, 2010, 01:58:55 PM »
Because they allow you to do tricks that you probably couldn't do on a regular ledge.

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #845 on: December 17, 2010, 02:07:52 PM »
The bank makes it easier? Really!

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #846 on: December 17, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
has anyone ever switch basckide flip nosegrind pop out on a ledge?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: December 17, 2010, 02:11:55 PM »
Because they allow you to do tricks that you probably couldn't do on a regular ledge.

huh? do you mean like crooks to fakie and 180 fakie 5-0's? (which are 90 degree turns to fakie 5-0.) i just think it's funny that you love ledges yet you hate an obstacle that requires you to get more speed to go up a bank to grind/slide on a ledge. because in order to kickflip front tail a bank to ledge you have to almost do a whole frontside flip into it, which would be harder than on a regular ledge. kind of works both ways, i guess.

(i think i kind of get what you're saying though)

oh, alright. i know what you mean now

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #848 on: December 17, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fucking good episode, shove crook by matty was definately the coolest; it looked like a fun session. �

edit** is it just me or is matty a habitual nose picker?
[close]
Noticed this as well.
And like everyone said John and Matty killed it. �Niks trick was really nice and Mango's line was badass. �Also can't wait to see what Forrest did down those stairs. �
[close]

Oh! come come now!  Can't a man just dig up his nose in public without criticism?  I wasn't watching though, is he a flicker?  Then I'd have a problem.
[close]

he flicks the rawest booger i've ever seen in my life in part 8 towards the beginning

Hah, you lie! I re-watched and saw said digging but they cut before the 'flick'.  He may have yet wiped it in his shirt.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #849 on: December 17, 2010, 02:45:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

huh? do you mean like crooks to fakie and 180 fakie 5-0's? (which are 90 degree turns to fakie 5-0.) i just think it's funny that you love ledges yet you hate an obstacle that requires you to get more speed to go up a bank to grind/slide on a ledge. because in order to kickflip front tail a bank to ledge you have to almost do a whole frontside flip into it, which would be harder than on a regular ledge. kind of works both ways, i guess.

Expand Quote
[close]

HAHAHA who cares if they "require speed" you end up going slow down the bank anyway. That shit is extra gay.

oh and something i wanted to point out. The dude that's having the hardest time skating the spots is from east coast.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #850 on: December 17, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
That ditch is raw as fuck. Its fanned concrete, steep, the ledge is kind of awkward and getting speed to hit it is not as cut and dry as it seems. There are all sorts of weird patches of grass and cracks along the bottom and you gotta push your ass off to get to the top anyway. Its not just an average bank to ledge. COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a noseslide.

And seriously, all you people pointing out every time somebody doesn't skate a spot need to just stop.
 First of all, not being able to skate tranny, an entire genre of skating, not just a spot, makes you a shittier skater. Second of all, the worst thing a person can do is put down a spot that they are unable to skate. Its obnoxious and closeminded. That's what Forrest did in the flowershop with his "I'll skate that when I get old" line. When Mango couldn't skate the flatgap he wasn't like "I'm not some socal loser" he said that shit was scary. Forrest was just as scared of the flowershop, but instead of just admitting he was outclassed at that one spot (not a big deal) he makes it seem like its the spot's fault he can't skate it or something, or that actually having the ability to skate it was something to be ashamed of.
He's a punk.

I'd enjoy Forrest so much more if it weren't for his dickriders coming on to this forum to act like we should take his personality seriously. If I could just laugh at him, I'd like him by now for sure. But when his obnoxious dickriders come on here, its ruins it. It would be like watching Jersey Shore with a bunch of Guidos. As soon as they started giving me shit for laughing at the GTL I would go from laughing at and liking them to just hating them.
honestly, I'd like them all more without the dick riders. You guys getting Nik's back so hard just because he is from the east coast are helping to prove every word of shittalking COTG has ever done about the east coast. Dude didn't get shit for the first two days, and even admitted it, but you guys come on here acting like him being from the east coast is on par with John's hill bombing and tranny stomping and Forrest's double set annhialation. It's not. Honestly, if people from the east coast are so great at dealing with fucked up rough spots, Nick should be killing it, but somehow he's going to crusty spots and watching kids from SD rip it harder than him. Nik ripped his hand open is your excuse? Look at John a day after opening up his scalp deep enough to see his skull. Still getting clips. The backtail 180 Nik did on that bank to ledge was sick, and without the dickriders thats all I'd say, but now you got me needing to defend claiming the dude hadn't done shit, and the dude you came to rep looks shittier. Congratulations.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #851 on: December 17, 2010, 02:54:40 PM »
The bank to ledge Gino sw noseslide in Chocolate Tour is not easier than a sw noseslide on a ledge and I'm sure there are more examples. Also pretty sure TX has done sw bs flip nosegrind, as a lot of people considering, Gino did it without a flick a long time ago.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
That ditch is raw as fuck. Its fanned concrete, steep, the ledge is kind of awkward and getting speed to hit it is not as cut and dry as it seems. There are all sorts of weird patches of grass and cracks along the bottom and you gotta push your ass off to get to the top anyway. Its not just an average bank to ledge. COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a noseslide.
HHAHAHAHAHA you're an idiot.

manu

• Rep: -100
« Reply #853 on: December 17, 2010, 02:57:15 PM »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #854 on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:22 PM »
Guy also did it on a bank to bench in Mouse.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2010, 02:59:02 PM »
you have no idea what your talking about.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #856 on: December 17, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »
COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a nosestall.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: December 17, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've been there. You haven't. I'll use your own words for the rest of the post:

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #858 on: December 17, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
HAHAHA who cares if they "require speed" you end up going slow down the bank anyway. That shit is extra gay.

oh and something i wanted to point out. The dude that's having the hardest time skating the spots is from east coast.

you always seem to crack me up on here. hehe. the COTG vs The East Coast beef continues...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: December 17, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

you've never skated with me, so you don't know what I'm capable of. I know someone that's skated with you, and he said you're not that good, but in a nice way.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:15:07 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #860 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:04 PM »

Glad you caught that. You're pretty smart. Is that gay? Being smart?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #861 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »
I'd enjoy Forrest so much more if it weren't for his dickriders coming on to this forum to act like we should take his personality seriously. If I could just laugh at him, I'd like him by now for sure. But when his obnoxious dickriders come on here, its ruins it. It would be like watching Jersey Shore with a bunch of Guidos. As soon as they started giving me shit for laughing at the GTL I would go from laughing at and liking them to just hating them.
honestly, I'd like them all more without the dick riders. You guys getting Nik's back so hard just because he is from the east coast are helping to prove every word of shittalking COTG has ever done about the east coast. Dude didn't get shit for the first two days, and even admitted it, but you guys come on here acting like him being from the east coast is on par with John's hill bombing and tranny stomping and Forrest's double set annhialation. It's not. Honestly, if people from the east coast are so great at dealing with fucked up rough spots, Nick should be killing it, but somehow he's going to crusty spots and watching kids from SD rip it harder than him. Nik ripped his hand open is your excuse? Look at John a day after opening up his scalp deep enough to see his skull. Still getting clips. The backtail 180 Nik did on that bank to ledge was sick, and without the dickriders thats all I'd say, but now you got me needing to defend claiming the dude hadn't done shit, and the dude you came to rep looks shittier. Congratulations.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #862 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »

ive been there. spot is sick, its not as hard to skate as you make it sound. its just like any other spot that you just have to give it a couple goes before you get used to it, then its no big.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a nosestall.
[close]
whoa! you of all people are talkin' shit?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: December 17, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ive been there. spot is sick, its not as hard to skate as you make it sound. its just like any other spot that you just have to give it a couple goes before you get used to it, then its no big.
That just shows you how terrible he is at skateboarding. Asking him if a spot is hard and asking someone that skates if a spot is hard is different In the same way that if you asked a 10 year old girl is 225 pounds heavy, and then asked an NFL linebacker if it's heavy.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #865 on: December 17, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
you've never skated with me, so you don't know what I'm capable of. I know someone that's skated with you, and he said you're not that good, but in a nice way.

i cant believe gipper actually skates. but i believe the he isnt very good part.

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #866 on: December 17, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »
Your insults are so shit. the guy just post's hate to wind you fuckers up. Chill the fuck out

TheFreshSC

« Reply #867 on: December 17, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »
COTG is good, i've skated with him last year at wilmington plaza.

but gauging what someone could or couldn't do at a certain spot is stupid and useless, if not for providing more fodder for further arguments. which are also useless.

smh

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #868 on: December 17, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Who?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: December 17, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
I don't throw people i know under the bus.