Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277614 times)

Lurkenstock

Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 8)
« Reply #870 on: December 17, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
IMO Banks to ledges are extremely fun, if you're one of the people that don't enjoy them fine, don't enjoy them, but you're missing out for sure.
Fuck it, I have no qualms saying that I think banks to curbs are even more fun than banks to ledges, but then I guess someone like COTG would think that those were even gayer than a bank to ledge and therefore never to be touched.

Oh well, dudes are gonna skate what they want to skate and shit on stuff that they think sucks, such is life here on the Slap boards.

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #871 on: December 17, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
I hate when people say "oh you're missing out"  I could say the same thing about actually doing tricks. "oh you guys are missing out not doing switch tail 270 heels" . That shit is corny. What's fun to you, is not as fun for everyone else.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #872 on: December 17, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »
COTG is good, i've skated with him last year at wilmington plaza.

but gauging what someone could or couldn't do at a certain spot is stupid and useless, if not for providing more fodder for further arguments. which are also useless.

smh
arguing is what usually makes slap fun and funny.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #873 on: December 17, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote
That ditch is raw as fuck. Its fanned concrete, steep, the ledge is kind of awkward and getting speed to hit it is not as cut and dry as it seems. There are all sorts of weird patches of grass and cracks along the bottom and you gotta push your ass off to get to the top anyway. Its not just an average bank to ledge. COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a noseslide.

[close]

ive been there. spot is sick, its not as hard to skate as you make it sound. its just like any other spot that you just have to give it a couple goes before you get used to it, then its no big.
I've done a few things on it. Its not like the gnarliest spot in the world, but its definitely not easier than on flatground, or comparible to one of those bank to bench set ups people skate alot.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2010, 04:40:50 PM »
HAHAHA you're the one that probably only got a 5050 and a noseslide.

few123456789

« Reply #875 on: December 17, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »
I would pay money every week to watch a reality TV show starring COTG and Gipper skating spots together and arguing over whether the spot was lame or not and who is better at skateboarding.

Just no political bullshit Gipper. 

I think you guys could get rich if you actually did this.  Everyone on Slap would pay to download that shit. 

Lurkenstock

« Reply #876 on: December 17, 2010, 04:52:15 PM »
I hate when people say "oh you're missing out"� I could say the same thing about actually doing tricks. "oh you guys are missing out not doing switch tail 270 heels" . That shit is corny. What's fun to you, is not as fun for everyone else.
I hear you but then all you have to say is banks to ledges just aren't your thing.
Instead you say that they are gay and shit all over people for liking them and doing tricks on them.
Like you say they're fun for some people, not fun for you, let's just leave it at that.

As far as saying "you're missing out", obviously it's just an expression and it doesn't literally apply to everyone.
Oh and I actually do feel like I'm missing out in a sense when I see dudes doing insane tech shit like switch tail 270 heels because it would be sick to be able to actually do those.

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #877 on: December 17, 2010, 04:54:23 PM »
Matty killed it as usual,definitely my favorite
Reubens front heel over that flat gap was pretty sick too

And gahdamn yall argue like some bitches
We just have a thread where we all shittalk on eachother,I bet yall could dig that

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #878 on: December 17, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That ditch is raw as fuck. Its fanned concrete, steep, the ledge is kind of awkward and getting speed to hit it is not as cut and dry as it seems. There are all sorts of weird patches of grass and cracks along the bottom and you gotta push your ass off to get to the top anyway. Its not just an average bank to ledge. COTG wouldn't get shit on there except a noseslide.

[close]

ive been there. spot is sick, its not as hard to skate as you make it sound. its just like any other spot that you just have to give it a couple goes before you get used to it, then its no big.
[close]
I've done a few things on it. Its not like the gnarliest spot in the world, but its definitely not easier than on flatground, or comparible to one of those bank to bench set ups people skate alot.
yeah ive skated that one in long beach a lot of people skate... its got nothing on treasure island. but i can see how some flat ledge tricks would be harder than skating a ledge with a bump to it

TheFreshSC

« Reply #879 on: December 17, 2010, 04:56:23 PM »
I would pay money every week to watch a reality TV show starring COTG and Gipper skating spots together and arguing over whether the spot was lame or not and who is better at skateboarding.

I think you guys could get rich if you actually did this.  Everyone on Slap would pay to download that shit. 

i think COTG would be okay with that as long as he and gipper are opposing antagonists, that way both of them could be portrayed in a negative manner.
no positive characters, just hate.
finally a web show that can be a mirror image of the way slap has existed for years.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #880 on: December 17, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
Expand Quote
I hate when people say "oh you're missing out"� I could say the same thing about actually doing tricks. "oh you guys are missing out not doing switch tail 270 heels" . That shit is corny. What's fun to you, is not as fun for everyone else.
[close]
I hear you but then all you have to say is banks to ledges just aren't your thing.
Instead you say that they are gay and shit all over people for liking them and doing tricks on them.
Like you say they're fun for some people, not fun for you, let's just leave it at that.

As far as saying "you're missing out", obviously it's just an expression and it doesn't literally apply to everyone.
Oh and I actually do feel like I'm missing out in a sense when I see dudes doing insane tech shit like switch tail 270 heels because it would be sick to be able to actually do those.
They are lame, there's really no way around that, but if someone has fun skating them, there's nothing wrong with that. I just hate it when people are like" oh, you don't skate for fun, because you're not skating transition/banks, doing wallies and no complys, or because you're doing tricks that involve more flips than an ollie. that shit is lame.

Expand Quote

[close]

i think COTG would be okay with that as long as he and gipper are opposing antagonists, that way both of them could be portrayed in a negative manner.
no positive characters, just hate.
finally a web show that can be a mirror image of the way slap has existed for years.
HAHAHAHAH

Lurkenstock

« Reply #881 on: December 17, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »

In a heartbeat.
That shit would be The Odd Couple for 2011.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #882 on: December 17, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

This is a true million-dollar idea.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #883 on: December 17, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
I don't think it would translate to real life well, but I've always said the true hate on slap is reserved strictly for  eachother.

few123456789

« Reply #884 on: December 17, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
I don't think it would translate to real life well, but I've always said the true hate on slap is reserved strictly for?  eachother.

I would front the money to film this shit.  It would be hilarious.  Shit would sell. 

We could start in LA, hit up my hometown Chi, quick Milwaukee, hit some east coast so we can get some decent "East Coast sucks" quotes out of COTG -- it's a nice excuse for me to get back to LA for a bit.  Gipper -- I'm willing to film some political diatribe too (btw have you seen Waiting for Superman?  thoughts?). 

Instant subscribers.  COTG would be sponsored after episode 1 and Gipper can donate his funds to the government.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #885 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't think it would translate to real life well, but I've always said the true hate on slap is reserved strictly for?  eachother.
[close]

I would front the money to film this shit.  It would be hilarious.  Shit would sell. 

We could start in LA, hit up my hometown Chi, quick Milwaukee, hit some east coast so we can get some decent "East Coast sucks" quotes out of COTG -- it's a nice excuse for me to get back to LA for a bit.  Gipper -- I'm willing to film some political diatribe too (btw have you seen Waiting for Superman?  thoughts?). 

Instant subscribers.  COTG would be sponsored after episode 1 and Gipper can donate his funds to the government.
I work at a charter school and waiting for superman can still suck my cock. You do a free trip like that, I'd definitely do it. Of course, this will NEVER happen.
Besides lets not ruin the one in a million thread anymore than I already have helped to do.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #886 on: December 17, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »

Just no political bullshit Gipper.�

I think you guys could get rich if you actually did this.� Everyone on Slap would pay to download that shit.�

damn it, i wanted to pitch a reality show starring COTG and Gipper. i also wanted to include rawb and his fingerblasting sexcapades and maybe a co-starring role by CigBeer too. imagine if they all lived in a house and SLAP filmed it. it would be the best television show ever.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #887 on: December 17, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
whiteley would come in whenever there was a big fight in the house "thats it, im shutting the internet off"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:46:24 PM by ROCKxADIO420 »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #888 on: December 17, 2010, 06:58:39 PM »
whiteley would come in whenever there was a big fight in the house "thats it, im shutting the internet off"
I would gossip to this.

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
« Reply #889 on: December 17, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »
john is a true warrior
tricks are for kids , style is forever

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #890 on: December 17, 2010, 08:30:39 PM »

nah; one person would pay for it and then everyone else would just ask for the pm.

bandini

« Reply #891 on: December 17, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

nah; one person would pay for it and then everyone else would just ask for the pm.

Nicely played, sir.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #892 on: December 17, 2010, 09:03:38 PM »
Very Nice episode. I liked the skating.

Too bad not many tricks were done at the flat gap.

And i really dont think cotg understands the definition of "gay"

Skating a bank to ledge = 2 men sucking each other.
Yeah
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #893 on: December 17, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »
its a shame cotg actually ISN'T forrest
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

brazillionaire

• Rep: 11
« Reply #894 on: December 17, 2010, 10:08:52 PM »
THE ODD COUPLE
shit would be awesome

i'm really looking forward to see what forrest has done to make that sandoals reaction though!

hekkahyphy

« Reply #895 on: December 17, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
He most likely jumped down something -_-

U guys think he doesn't skate the other stuff because he's embarassed?

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #896 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:20 PM »
Forrest Edwards: 8 episodes, 1 outfit.

strangefires

« Reply #897 on: December 17, 2010, 11:46:45 PM »
And i really dont think cotg understands the definition of "gay"

Skating a bank to ledge = 2 men sucking each other.
Yeah

irony

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #898 on: December 18, 2010, 12:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nicely played, sir.

what did they end up having for lunch?
formerly toonie

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #899 on: December 18, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
I wanna see what forrest did down those stairs
it starts with switch & ends with backside flip

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts