Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277820 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 9)
« Reply #960 on: December 20, 2010, 09:12:23 AM »
Fakie ollie and switch back heel was super sick
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:08 AM by deaner »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #961 on: December 20, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »
OIAM has some "street dreams"-grade drama in it...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:18 AM by deaner »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #962 on: December 20, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »
Fakie ollie and switch back heel was super sick

big fan of the fakie ollie it looked sick....if it is not reynolds i'm not the biggest fan of sw back heels.  Dyet ruined it for me  :-\
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:21 AM by deaner »
where is home?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #963 on: December 20, 2010, 09:20:18 AM »
did he even try anything but that sw bs heel? if not, incredible. if yes, still goddamn incredible.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:25 AM by deaner »

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #964 on: December 20, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
And thus John fakie ollied himself into my heart. So good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:33 AM by deaner »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #965 on: December 20, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA mango really isn't funny.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:35 AM by deaner »

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #966 on: December 20, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA mango really isn't funny.
true
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:38 AM by deaner »

magicstickyhand

• Rep: 1
« Reply #967 on: December 20, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »
Damn that boneless was so tight . :'( So sad that he didn't make it :'(
also the bs heel didn't look so good  ::)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:41 AM by deaner »
i think i was,anyways

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #968 on: December 20, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
also the bs heel didn't look so good?  ::)
think its the other way around, that was a shitty boneless and that switch back heel was sick.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:44 AM by deaner »

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #969 on: December 20, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »
did he even try anything but that sw bs heel? if not, incredible. if yes, still goddamn incredible.

hmm, he must have ollied it but i don't really recall him trying much else. forrest rarely messed around with anything he didn't have his eyes locked on. he may have tossed out a nollie bs flip attempt that didn't go anywhere, but the time was spent on the sw bs heel for sure.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:47 AM by deaner »

earlygrab

« Reply #970 on: December 20, 2010, 10:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote
also the bs heel didn't look so good?� ::)
[close]
think its the other way around, that was a shitty boneless and that switch back heel was sick.

That boneless was embarrassing. Can Forrest actually ride a skateboard or just flip it down large drops? Mango and Forrest should have their own show where they just get on each others nerves. That Fakie Ollie was too smooth. Can we all move past the fact that this is edited to  showcase every ones individual personality and if you don't like it, you should stop blaming the editing and go read a book.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:55:50 AM by deaner »

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #971 on: December 20, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »
forrest is such a downer for every session.
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #972 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »
They go to gay spots all the time.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
« Reply #973 on: December 20, 2010, 10:27:03 AM »
Forest didn't come to make friends. He came to win. Said in angry Tina Fey 30 Rock voice.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #974 on: December 20, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »

he considers himself a loner, a one-man-wolfpack

I'm legitimately pulling for forest at this point.

He's obviously incredibly good, and I think he prlly just has problem making friends/fitting in, so he puts on the tough exterior.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:56:18 AM by deaner »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #975 on: December 20, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
culture wars

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #976 on: December 20, 2010, 10:45:13 AM »
You can't have a hard time makings friends with people you don't like. He thinks most of those kids are lame, and rightfully so.

mikeywalker

• Rep: -1
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 8)
« Reply #977 on: December 20, 2010, 10:51:27 AM »
also the bs heel didn't look so good  ::)

are you fucking serious?

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #978 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
You can't have a hard time makings friends with people you don't like. He thinks most of those kids are lame, and rightfully so.

We know it's you so you can drop the third person posts anytime.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: December 20, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »
Is that a joke?

kappin

« Reply #980 on: December 20, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
Hahaha black people are the trolls of the real world

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #981 on: December 20, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »
Forrest's problem is that he is a complete prick. The answer to that is to have some tact, which he has none of, and this is costing him social acceptance. Boo fucking hoo. Maybe he'll learn a lesson and will get a little humble. That dude needs a lesson like that.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wanna see what forrest did down those stairs
[close]
it starts with switch & ends with backside flip
[close]
so, can he do anything besides huck himself down stairs? We already know he doesn't skate tranny or ditches...
[close]

im sure if they skate the bay blocks he wont be phased by the rough ledges and gets a nollie heel nose slide.
i have a feeling his ledge moves will be on point. think there was something on the double rock hubba..
[close]
They DID skate the?� bay blocks. He got nothing over the flatgap, then they skated that street gap on treasure Island, and he didn't get shit. The only time he gets tricks are when a drop is involved. He does that amazingly well, but hasn't shown any sort of ability to do much more than that. He seems to need pretty generic shit to be able to do a trick on it.
[close]
switch 180 5-0 on the back of the bench.
[close]
I highlighted where your argument makes no sense. And that sw 180 5-0 was ugly as shit, it was just a tap. I've seen way too many people do way cooler shit in front of my eyes to be impressed with that clip of a tap.
[close]
i highlighted the part where i was pointing out that your argument makes no sense.
[close]
you don't really make a whole lot of sence either you pointed out the switch 180 nosegrind & then agreed that all he can skate is drops? stupid. & yeah dude it's totally blowing it when you don't skate one spot you could have skated gipper? that makes absolutly no sence dude. props to matty though for having been to each of the spots like 900 fucking times before the contest though right? & you call him out on skating nothing but drops but, then you criticize how he skated a tall bench instead of getting tricks on the flat gap? you are a straight up idiot gipper you never say shit that actually makes sence or you just sit & contradict your own opinions alllday.
[close]
you're fucking regular, and that's all there is to it. gipper said forrest doesn't get anything on any spot that's not a drop, so i pointed out the fact that he did a switch 180 5-0 on the back of the bench, but then he decided to pretend like he didn't say that shit about the drop and decided to emphasize the fact that he didn't skate a flat gap.
I was talking about gaps, pointing out he always has something for a gap with a drop, but if you have to land the same height as you took off, he's not getting clips. They skated 2 flatgaps so far and he has been completely absent from the footy of them.

And shouldn't, don't call it the "big bench" because its actually a small bench, and Forrest's trick on it was ugly as sin. He grinded like 1 inch. I agree on Matty Hunt with what you were saying, that he has skated those spots a bunch before- I pointed it out during the voting on videos. Luckily though, his style is good enough that I don't think he could be cheating that. PLenty of locals never learn to skate their spots with style.
The thing that you are missing is really, Forrest isn't in a contest against any of them, he's in a contest against himself. You could have a whole bunch of mongo pushers who couldn't even ollie off of a curb and I'd prefer them. Forrest is comically unlikable, and you coming on representing as his friend talking shit on the other dudes in some sort of terrible attempt to get others to like him or something is completely backfiring. It just makes him a funnier target.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #982 on: December 20, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »
If You cross Mango and Forrest, you´d get the perfect Skateboarder

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #983 on: December 20, 2010, 11:39:33 AM »
Is that a joke?

Yes. There isn't much sense taking the internet serious.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

jackherer

« Reply #984 on: December 20, 2010, 12:12:20 PM »
Forrest's problem is that he is a complete prick. The answer to that is to have some tact, which he has none of, and this is costing him social acceptance. Boo fucking hoo. Maybe he'll learn a lesson and will get a little humble. That dude needs a lesson like that.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wanna see what forrest did down those stairs
[close]
it starts with switch & ends with backside flip
[close]
so, can he do anything besides huck himself down stairs? We already know he doesn't skate tranny or ditches...
[close]

im sure if they skate the bay blocks he wont be phased by the rough ledges and gets a nollie heel nose slide.
i have a feeling his ledge moves will be on point. think there was something on the double rock hubba..
[close]
They DID skate the?� bay blocks. He got nothing over the flatgap, then they skated that street gap on treasure Island, and he didn't get shit. The only time he gets tricks are when a drop is involved. He does that amazingly well, but hasn't shown any sort of ability to do much more than that. He seems to need pretty generic shit to be able to do a trick on it.
[close]
switch 180 5-0 on the back of the bench.
[close]
I highlighted where your argument makes no sense. And that sw 180 5-0 was ugly as shit, it was just a tap. I've seen way too many people do way cooler shit in front of my eyes to be impressed with that clip of a tap.
[close]
i highlighted the part where i was pointing out that your argument makes no sense.
[close]
you don't really make a whole lot of sence either you pointed out the switch 180 nosegrind & then agreed that all he can skate is drops? stupid. & yeah dude it's totally blowing it when you don't skate one spot you could have skated gipper? that makes absolutly no sence dude. props to matty though for having been to each of the spots like 900 fucking times before the contest though right? & you call him out on skating nothing but drops but, then you criticize how he skated a tall bench instead of getting tricks on the flat gap? you are a straight up idiot gipper you never say shit that actually makes sence or you just sit & contradict your own opinions alllday.
[close]
you're fucking regular, and that's all there is to it. gipper said forrest doesn't get anything on any spot that's not a drop, so i pointed out the fact that he did a switch 180 5-0 on the back of the bench, but then he decided to pretend like he didn't say that shit about the drop and decided to emphasize the fact that he didn't skate a flat gap.
[close]
I was talking about gaps, pointing out he always has something for a gap with a drop, but if you have to land the same height as you took off, he's not getting clips. They skated 2 flatgaps so far and he has been completely absent from the footy of them.

And shouldn't, don't call it the "big bench" because its actually a small bench, and Forrest's trick on it was ugly as sin. He grinded like 1 inch. I agree on Matty Hunt with what you were saying, that he has skated those spots a bunch before- I pointed it out during the voting on videos. Luckily though, his style is good enough that I don't think he could be cheating that. PLenty of locals never learn to skate their spots with style.
The thing that you are missing is really, Forrest isn't in a contest against any of them, he's in a contest against himself. You could have a whole bunch of mongo pushers who couldn't even ollie off of a curb and I'd prefer them. Forrest is comically unlikable, and you coming on representing as his friend talking shit on the other dudes in some sort of terrible attempt to get others to like him or something is completely backfiring. It just makes him a funnier target.

lol you talk like cotg is the only person that likes forest. aside from the opinions of a message board which you can look at yourself (and see that forest is actually quite popular), everyone I know that has seen the show, and doesn't post on slap (or any forum) actually loves forest. i got friends that dont even skateboard that are hooked on the show because they find forest to be hilarious. Forest edwards is the kenny powers of skateboarding. and it's awesome.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #985 on: December 20, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »

How are any of them lame? Reuben comes off as a little overly-fake-nice? Something like that? It probably just comes off like that because he's the youngest one, getting to go on a free filming vacation with the chance to become sponsored/get noticed. I think most people that age would be acting that way, and super excited at that opportunity.

Most of em seem pretty chill and/or funny to me.

Don't be so defensive, I am serious about pulling for Forest. He is extremely good. I don't know anything about his background, but it definitely seems like he has some social issues, which is common for a lot of skateboarders, myself included, and if so, would make me respect him more than if just had the douche attitude and was negative towards everyone for no reason.

He's definitely done the sickest tricks so far.

Matty has my favorite style out of anyone, needs to drop the "y" off his name though.

Mango is a lot of fun to watch, I forsee him putting out a lot of sick youtube parts in the future(the one edited to "mama's boy" coulda been better, judging by how good he is here.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: December 20, 2010, 01:16:24 PM »
Rueben is a dickrider of the highest order. Dickriders are the worst people, because they have no opinion, and they'll change for whoever's in front of them. Mango thinks he's funny but he isn't. nik doesn't even exist. matty and gonzalo, are both lame, but still normal. John is a goober. I don't see why he would want to befriend any of those dudes. and then with the actual staff that works there being against him. I wouldn't be hanging out with those niggas either.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #987 on: December 20, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
I sure wish the staff wasn't against Forrest!!!

earlygrab

« Reply #988 on: December 20, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
Rueben is a dickrider of the highest order. Dickriders are the worst people, because they have no opinion, and they'll change for whoever's in front of them. Mango thinks he's funny but he isn't. nik doesn't even exist. matty and gonzalo, are both lame, but still normal. John is a goober. I don't see why he would want to befriend any of those dudes. and then with the actual staff that works there being against him. I wouldn't be hanging out with those niggas either.

It's amazing how every post you make is dumber than the next.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #989 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
I sure wish the staff wasn't against Forrest!!!
where are all the sad lonely shots of gonzalo and mango not skating the spots?!

i'm only half joking here
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.