Author Topic: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread  (Read 277627 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Re: Official One In A Million 2010 Thread (ep. 9)
« Reply #1050 on: December 21, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »
1:20 especially. not everything is fucking marketing

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 02:30:30 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

hekkahyphy

« Reply #1051 on: December 21, 2010, 03:12:25 PM »
All this bs aside tho... U really mean to tell me forest didn't win?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1052 on: December 21, 2010, 03:19:48 PM »
All this bs aside tho... U really mean to tell me forest didn't win?
probably not.... this is slap dawg. & it's funny how worried everyone is on wether or not forrest is "marketable" when everyone on here trys to be more into more underground skateboarders. i've met plenty of skateboarders on more then one occasion that were complete fucking dicks for no reason. there is a thread on this website named "skateboarders that are dicks" or something to that effect

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

NOTjimmyastelford

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1053 on: December 21, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »
your logic is just rotten, you are beyond stupid
I'm going to the one in Ontario. I got invented or else I wouldn't go.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1054 on: December 21, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote
get off his dick already. the guy is clearly the best skater in the contest but he is an asshole so he wont win, simple as that. if you cant see that you are an idiot. being a pro is about almost completely other shit besides being good at actual skateboarding.
[close]

yeah being pro is about being marketable, but who says idiot assholes can't be marketable? antwuan has probably made his companies so much fucking money, despite being the biggest idiot/asshole...

antwuan turned into an asshole after he turned pro.
forrest has been an complete asshole straight out the gate.

and regardless of what you think, theres nothing marketable about cocky.

Water Plantis

« Reply #1055 on: December 21, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »
so forrest said he hates how rueben said thank you after somebody congratulated him on landing a trick, but forrest said thanks three time consecutively after he landed the switch tre

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #1056 on: December 21, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »
Im not too worried about Forrest.  With Habitat's recent infighting he will fit right in lol.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #1057 on: December 21, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
so forrest said he hates how rueben said thank you after somebody congratulated him on landing a trick, but forrest said thanks three time consecutively after he landed the switch tre
It's not that he says it after he gets props for a trick. He says it after everything.  He believes saying thank you after everything makes you humble, which is totally false.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #1058 on: December 21, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »
One things for sure, SLAP sure as fuck hit it out of the park with this one in a million. Definitely the hottest thing going on in skating at the moment [...]

Damn that would be depressing if it were true.

rockhardcock

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1059 on: December 21, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's not that he says it after he gets props for a trick. He says it after everything.  He believes saying thank you after everything makes you humble, which is totally false.

this is true
casual

kappin

« Reply #1060 on: December 21, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »

Forrest didn't mean it, so it's not gay. Duh

Water Plantis

« Reply #1061 on: December 21, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
it might be just me but how joe brook talked about milic was really off putting

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #1062 on: December 21, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
Reuben is over the top nice guy. Forest is over the top dick guy. What's not to love with this type of chemistry on film.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1063 on: December 21, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
Do you guys even watch the OIAM or just over analyzing every damn detail? And someone actually counted Forrest's thank you's...lol.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1064 on: December 21, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »

Nice speculation loser. But now that you've pointed that out I like Forrest even more. That's hilarious, being hipocritical is fun when you're doing it just to piss people off.

Water Plantis

« Reply #1065 on: December 21, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
Do you guys even watch the OIAM or just over analyzing every damn detail? And someone actually counted Forrest's thank you's...lol.

it is pretty easy to count to three. tard...

Water Plantis

« Reply #1066 on: December 21, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice speculation loser. But now that you've pointed that out I like Forrest even more. That's hilarious, being hipocritical is fun when you're doing it just to piss people off.

yeah it was just a speculation, i also give him more respect for doing it

Petey Pete

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1067 on: December 21, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »
Forrest Edwards is the only one who looks like he belongs as a sponsored skateboarder. Aside from his tricks and style, he's not bright eyed like the rest of them. It's ok that he doesn't want to be friends with everyone; he left his friends behind and now he's in a competition. To me it seems like he takes the contest the most seriously, which I like.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #1068 on: December 22, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, in fact i think what Forrest was getting at is that it's actually the opposite. saying "thank you" when someone says cool shirt about a shirt that you just handed is like you taking too much credit for something you had no part in and didn't even pick out..

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #1069 on: December 22, 2010, 02:05:47 AM »
i still find it hard to believe that forrest would be stoked on someone elses shirt

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #1070 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly, if you say thank you after everything then it loses its meaning thats why when your parents would say fuck, they meant business

jackherer

« Reply #1071 on: December 22, 2010, 06:25:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
get off his dick already. the guy is clearly the best skater in the contest but he is an asshole so he wont win, simple as that. if you cant see that you are an idiot. being a pro is about almost completely other shit besides being good at actual skateboarding.
[close]

yeah being pro is about being marketable, but who says idiot assholes can't be marketable? antwuan has probably made his companies so much fucking money, despite being the biggest idiot/asshole...
[close]

firstly, how do you know that antwuan wasn't already an asshole? secondly, if so, that's even lamer.

and ever heard of, any publicity is good publicity? if you take that concept into account combined with the incredible talent that the kid has, i would say he's pretty marketable. basically he has the talent part down, but he also has a very strong personality that makes him stand out, sounds like a winning combination to me.

but fuck it this is just speculation, i guess in the end we'll just have to wait and see.

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
« Reply #1072 on: December 22, 2010, 06:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

firstly, how do you know that antwuan wasn't already an asshole? secondly, if so, that's even lamer.

and ever heard of, any publicity is good publicity? if you take that concept into account combined with the incredible talent that the kid has, i would say he's pretty marketable. basically he has the talent part down, but he also has a very strong personality that makes him stand out, sounds like a winning combination to me.

butt fuck it this is just speculation, i guess in the end we'll just have to wait and see.

;)
k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

DarthKnuggs610

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1073 on: December 22, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »
hoping to see more of nik, he grew up close to me so im biased. i wanna see forrest on selfish too, him and aquil could prolly put a pretty gangster part togeather.

why does slap use youtube? why make them richer? I dont know anything about bandwidth prices or anything so maybe thats it. Ide love to see these in quicktime cuz my computer is getting old and youtube sucks on it.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #1074 on: December 22, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »
Free HD hosting. Can't argue with that shit man.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1075 on: December 22, 2010, 07:12:31 AM »
hoping to see more of nik, he grew up close to me so im biased. i wanna see forrest on selfish too, him and aquil could prolly put a pretty gangster part togeather.

why does slap use youtube? why make them richer? I dont know anything about bandwidth prices or anything so maybe thats it. Ide love to see these in quicktime cuz my computer is getting old and youtube sucks on it.

believe me youtube is by far the best choice for video. watch it in 240p then.

daniel

• Rep: 35
« Reply #1076 on: December 22, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
we getting a new one today?

what time do they normally post up?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1077 on: December 22, 2010, 08:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

but fuck it this is just speculation, i guess in the end we'll just have to wait and see.

because if you watch any old antwuan clips, he comes across like a nice kid.
if you watch anything with forrest it in, its him judging everyone all the while stroking his own ego.     

forrest isn't talented, hes committed.  if he were talent, he'd adjust to all the spots/terrains and get tricks.  from what i've seen, hes only good at doing flip tricks down stuff.  i know tons of kids who can do what hes doing and the last thing thing they are is talented.  balls and talent are not the same. 

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 45
    • proskates.com avatar image
« Reply #1078 on: December 22, 2010, 08:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

because if you watch any old antwuan clips, he comes across like a nice kid.
if you watch anything with forrest it in, its him judging everyone all the while stroking his own ego.     

forrest isn't talented, hes committed.  if he were talent, he'd adjust to all the spots/terrains and get tricks.  from what i've seen, hes only good at doing flip tricks down stuff.  i know tons of kids who can do what hes doing and the last thing thing they are is talented.  balls and talent are not the same. 

I dunno from watching his clips in this and his sponsor me tape I'd still say he's extremely talented.. maybe not at alot of different types of skating but all the shit i seen him do was pretty sick.. especially the one where he's skating that awkward concrete park with the yellow handrail...

Balls and Talent aren't the same but if it was a case of him having balls without talent then he would've been broken off the first day skating that double set. If you just go deep with no skill you get destroyed too much especially trying the type of tricks he does.. nollie front crook hollywood 12? If you weren't extremely good you'd get fucking assassinated on that.

jackherer

« Reply #1079 on: December 22, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
yeah you must not have watched his sponsor me tape if you don't think the dude's talented.