Author Topic: Vans shoe sizing thread  (Read 2939 times)

fang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
Vans shoe sizing thread
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:26:11 PM »
Ok so.. long story short.. I want to get a pair of Sk8-His again, which I haven't had in years and years... I moved to New Zealand 2.5 years ago and haven't seen one pair of sk8-hi's my whole time here, thus i feel forced into an american mailorder... BUT.. alas, I am not sure if the sk8-hi's are one of those "half size down"/ "half size up" / "regular fit" shoes anymore?

I know for me.. any of the pro model Vans, Eras, Slip-ons .. i get the same size in, whereas with the old skool i have to half size down or i get that annoying loose fit. Any help would be appreciated!

sky davis

• Rep: -10
Re: Vans shoe sizing thread
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 01:32:14 PM »
vans are risky to buy online... i had a pair of cabs in 12. era's in 10.5 that both fit right for me. i also had sk8 hi's in 12 that ran wayyy too big. you should measure your foot, or your best fitting shoe in CM or whatever. and ask the site if they can get the same size have them measure the shoe and send the size that matches it. it's what i plan to do next time i try a new shoe. i've ordered shoes that ran too big too many times and it feels like shit to skate in. asking other people cant be 100% accurate either, some like their shoes to fit half size bigger, or almost snuggg. i don't think it would be too much of a hassle for them to do that

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
Re: Vans shoe sizing thread
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
For me, 10.5 authentics fit perfect, but 10.5 106s are tight in length and 11 chukka lows are good width but a little long.

Different random chinese factories = random sizing.