Author Topic: watching videos online  (Read 1356 times)

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
watching videos online
« on: December 09, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »
I own about 100 dvd and vhs copies of skate videos. Being a fulltime student, and working part time it makes it difficult to watch a whole video, so lately I was resorting to watching a part here and there, or watching some of the new online video parts or classic parts on youtube. The other night I saw Flip's Sorry on dvd in its entirety after a really long time, and DAMN did it feel good to see a whole video on a a tv screen rather then my lap top.

I dont know if its the fact that I started skating in the early 2000's before the rise of the internet, but I cant imagine watching a new anticipated part on youtube or streaming them. I read a interview with Wes Kramer and his "Skateboarding is Forever" part was brought up and he stated that the drive for filming  an online video isn't nearly as motivating as an actual video.

I guess its a new day and age, but I am always gonna buy videos! I have the dvd copies of some of my favorites from years a go I still watch today.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

strangefires

Re: watching videos online
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »
spend money>not spend money

fuck the sentimental bullshit

manu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -100
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »
Sitting on your couch watching a really good video on a big screen will always win over watching stuff online.

strangefires

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »
Sitting on your couch watching a really good video on a big screen will always win over watching stuff online.

you can do this without buying anything luls

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

by connecting your computer to your tv? you are still streaming it and not getting the original quality... i've streamed movies and tv shows and the quality is so shitty! its also supppperr frustrating when some one is about to do a trick, or worse in the middle and then the video freezes!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ILL

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »
I own about 100 dvd and vhs copies of skate videos. Being a fulltime student, and working part time it makes it difficult to watch a whole video, so lately I was resorting to watching a part here and there, or watching some of the new online video parts or classic parts on youtube. The other night I saw Flip's Sorry on dvd in its entirety after a really long time, and DAMN did it feel good to see a whole video on a a tv screen rather then my lap top.

I dont know if its the fact that I started skating in the early 2000's before the rise of the internet, but I cant imagine watching a new anticipated part on youtube or streaming them. I read a interview with Wes Kramer and his "Skateboarding is Forever" part was brought up and he stated that the drive for filming  an online video isn't nearly as motivating as an actual video.

I guess its a new day and age, but I am always gonna buy videos! I have the dvd copies of some of my favorites from years a go I still watch today.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »
Can't remember last time I watched video on a TV. Wait, I don't even have a TV. Gotta agree thou, watching skate videos on TV > watching skate videos on computer.

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 07:14:12 PM »
I think its virtuous to buy skate videos, its a way of giving back and supporting the industry in such tough times.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 05:08:34 AM »
i went through a phase of watching all my stuff online because my tele was small and i was too skint to afford dvd's.

now however ive got a 52 inch tele and my internet doesnt work so im watching parts all the time. but what i do it buy a dvd, watch all of it, after that ill generally just watch my favourite parts over and over whenever i feel like it.

then i linked my computer to my tele and watched Baker 3 which i had previously downloaded and the decrease in quality nearly killed me, was just too hard to watch, especially when the audio and video are out of sync

Dandy

• Rep: -8
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 05:36:32 AM »
I think its virtuous to buy skate videos, its a way of giving back and supporting the industry in such tough times.
I see what you're saying, but I'd rather use the money on hard goods; a hat will keep my head warm through the winter, a t shirt will make me look cool all year round and a board will allow me to have fun for weeks. I don't watch videos more than a handful of times... I dunno seems like there are better ways to support the industry than throwing away lunch money on a video that I'll rarely watch.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

by connecting your computer to your tv? you are still streaming it and not getting the original quality... i've streamed movies and tv shows and the quality is so shitty! its also supppperr frustrating when some one is about to do a trick, or worse in the middle and then the video freezes!
Sounds like you need to get a better computer. Streaming uncompressed Blu-Ray and DVD rips is a very simple process these days, I watch all that shit on the big display for free.