Author Topic: Defects Thread  (Read 11878 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
Re: Defects Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
my cons pops went within 2 weeks, suede wasn't up to the job.
i currently have a toy machine and the nose goes to the left a bit, quite misshapen, still skated well though.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

overheated

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 02:03:27 AM »
i had defective...
destructo ( 2 pair)
tensor
anti hero
zero
emerica
vans
Yah, but they're defective even if the factory doesn't fuck up.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 03:24:12 AM »
sole started peeling off on my gravis dylan mids after like an hour, no exageration

had a blueprint deck that was "twisted" like the board couldnt stand in primo it would just fall over, made tricks impossable. every other blueprint ive has was fine though

silver trucks, well... what wasnt wrong with them, they went wrong in just about every way i could of imagined

bought some spitfire wheels where the hole on the inside was too tight to get bearings in, got a refund/swapped for a normal pair

ha, also got a spitfire skatetool where the allen key and screw driver were too small to turn any of my bolts

got some weed that just wouldnt smoke, musta been sprayed

i very rarley break boards (well my boards will usually crack through a few layers of ply and ill focus it after a few months) but i got a plan b superfuture for christmas last year, nose snapped off in the first day... on a flatground nollie bigspin  ???

bought some rictas that were not circles, they were slightly oblong

its quite rare that i get something that just works the way it should, especially technoology

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
a pair of DVS's idk if it really is possible for a pair of shoes to be completley unskateable in literally a week, i got them on a saturday, and by the next saturday, there was a whole so big that it felt like i just had on my socks skating, and i didnt skate much tht week either
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
Two pairs of SPF Bones slims, both pairs the bearings moved around (slide out towards the hanger in the back and towards the nut on the front). Sent the first pair back, they said they fixed it, second pair did the same thing the 2nd day riding them, went back to Spitfires and have had no problems.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »
I broke off the piece of the hanger that fits into the pivot cup on my thunder 149s.
I loved the trucks, but now I'm back on my 149 indys.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »
Not sure if this really counts as a defect.... So i ordered some brand new indys online. When they came I noticed that for one of the trucks the left side of the axle is a little bit rusted. I thought that was weird, the trucks are pretty much brand new still, but the axle is rusted. When i screw the nut on it makes a dreaded squeaking noise. Would this be anything to worry about? Would this effect the trucks performance at all or increase the chances of a slip axle or bent axle? I tried to clean off some of the rust and a lot of it came off but there is still some left on it.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »
Not sure if this really counts as a defect.... So i ordered some brand new indys online. When they came I noticed that for one of the trucks the left side of the axle is a little bit rusted. I thought that was weird, the trucks are pretty much brand new still, but the axle is rusted. When i screw the nut on it makes a dreaded squeaking noise. Would this be anything to worry about? Would this effect the trucks performance at all or increase the chances of a slip axle or bent axle? I tried to clean off some of the rust and a lot of it came off but there is still some left on it.

It means the truck was exposed to moisture at some point  and I would say that rust would mean the metal is weakened, it really depends on how bad the rust is, if it only service you should be alright, but I would still have documented it in case you need to send it back.

Archers of Chaka

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It means the truck was exposed to moisture at some point  and I would say that rust would mean the metal is weakened, it really depends on how bad the rust is, if it only service you should be alright, but I would still have documented it in case you need to send it back.
Yeah I contacted the website that I ordered them from and they said that it's definitely not their fault because they keep all their products in a climate controlled area and that if anything they were shipped like that from NHS, so I should contact them about it.. I probably should've documented it, but the rust was bothering me and the squeaking noise that it made when i would tighten or loosen the nut onto the axle was just so annoying that I just had to wipe it off. Most of it came off and only a bit of it is still rusted, so I think that it shouldn't cost too much if any trouble at all. I'm guessing some water accidentally dripped onto the axle or somethin during shipping. I doubt Indy would bother to send me new trucks though just because of rust so it's whatever.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 11:38:06 PM »
Send nhs some photos of the rust. Its worth a shot

Archers of Chaka

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 11:49:44 PM »
Yeah I guess I could. I'll shoot em an email and see what they say. I've tried to email them before about some axle slipped indys a couple times a while back but no one ever replied. It's almost as if they purposely avoid complaint/product return emails just so they don't have to ship out free trucks.

BriDen

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »
Yeah I guess I could. I'll shoot em an email and see what they say. I've tried to email them before about some axle slipped indys a couple times a while back but no one ever replied. It's almost as if they purposely avoid complaint/product return emails just so they don't have to ship out free trucks.

Haha, me and a friend of mine have both had this happen. You are not alone.

Archers of Chaka

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2010, 11:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, me and a friend of mine have both had this happen. You are not alone.
Yeah ive  had defective spitfires that i got replaced with zero problems through emails with dlx, but when it comes to indy they just never reply to their emails. I've had numerous friends that have faced the same problem too.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
From what I understand about NHS is that they want to deal with the shops, so you are supposed to take the defect product back to the shop you got it (or in your case mail it back). If the rust isn't bad you should be alright skating them.

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:39 AM »
Rust on the axle isn't a defect.  Take some steel wool if you have that bad OCD.  It will come off and then put a bit of oil on the threads and it will be just fine.

Questions like this seriously make me wonder about people.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 08:30:35 AM »

I would sell my soul for a life time supply of this shoe, It lasted forever.

I have that exact colorway in a 10.5 if you want them.  PM me

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
I just got some Pig wheels and had to scrape the inside of one of them to get the bearing to fit into it. Never had that happen with any wheel before, any brand.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »
Rust on the axle isn't a defect.  Take some steel wool if you have that bad OCD.  It will come off and then put a bit of oil on the threads and it will be just fine.

It is not a defect but it is bad quality control, maybe when the axle was shipped over from China it got exposed to moisture?

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -156
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
Both the cores in my zip zinger wheels and the bones soft core broke in half, it sucks and they're impossible to ride now.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2010, 08:02:10 PM »

Dude, you got trolled, I think.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »
sole started peeling off on my gravis dylan mids after like an hour, no exageration

had a blueprint deck that was "twisted" like the board couldnt stand in primo it would just fall over, made tricks impossable. every other blueprint ive has was fine though

silver trucks, well... what wasnt wrong with them, they went wrong in just about every way i could of imagined

bought some spitfire wheels where the hole on the inside was too tight to get bearings in, got a refund/swapped for a normal pair

ha, also got a spitfire skatetool where the allen key and screw driver were too small to turn any of my bolts

got some weed that just wouldnt smoke, musta been sprayed

i very rarley break boards (well my boards will usually crack through a few layers of ply and ill focus it after a few months) but i got a plan b superfuture for christmas last year, nose snapped off in the first day... on a flatground nollie bigspin  ???

bought some rictas that were not circles, they were slightly oblong

its quite rare that i get something that just works the way it should, especially technoology

I once got a pair of cored Spitfire wheels, and I did a powerslide after skating them for a couple days and the core popped out of the wheel. And then the replacement set I got were just normal ones that flatspotted literally in twenty minutes...

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
I have less than 3 hours skating this Think tag 8.25 (green graphic) deck... barely even through the first ply on the tail and it is COVERED in pressure cracks - top and bottom - coming out 2 inches from each truck bolt hole.

I weight 145 and don't skate that hard, and barely did much more than push around and do flat ground with this deck since it's been so cold here.

Bogus-city; will not be buying another Think.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
Its just a defect, Think makes great boards.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
My mail order bride won't cook OR clean
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
I had a defective ankle fuck up my summer and fall.  I tried calling the toll free line for warranties, but they just referred me to physical therapy and wouldn't give me a new one.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:19 AM »
My mail order bride won't cook OR clean

maybe you havent inflated her correctly.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 05:38:08 AM »
I have had a lot of bearing problems. They stop spinning pretty quickly and i don't like that.

Also my left knee is defect
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

A.J.K.

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
The baseplate of both pairs of royals i've had have completely snapped into two.  Same thing happened with my friends as well. 

SteveStuart

• Rep: 3
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:55 PM »
I was about to grip this Krooked price point deck when I felt this indentation along the concave.

The indentation does not go through the deck and I'm assuming it only affects the top one or 2 plys.

Would this be considered a defect? should I be concerned or just grip it?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 01:05:45 AM »
+1 for not making a useless thread
-1 for bumping a 9 year old one

If it were me I'd just ride it, I've heard Jim T is good when it comes to dealing with defective boards but idk if that extends to krooked

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down