Author Topic: Lima Peru  (Read 3114 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Lima Peru
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
I'm going to Peru in July. Most of the time is already planned out and with a couple of girls. Day one I get to Peru like 15 hours before them and was thinking of bringing my skateboard and trying my luck. Good idea or not? What you know about lima?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
Re: Lima Peru
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 07:19:26 PM »
I would def. bring your board, it's probably one of your few shoots to skate south america! Lima is a pretty modern city too.. They got a some decent skate parks and skate spots.. I bet you could find some spots without a problem.. I would just think that it made get pretty sketchy down there.. So I would be careful if I were you..

*and if you don't bring your board, def check out the beach!! never know take up surfing?? lol

Good luck man!

check out Skatepark Miraflores..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:29:14 PM by Matthew Moon »

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
Shit Dude!!!  I'm going in 31 days.  So stoked!!!  I'll give you the full low down once I've looked around.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »
I would def. bring your board, it's probably one of your few shoots to skate south america! Lima is a pretty modern city too.. They got a some decent skate parks and skate spots.. I bet you could find some spots without a problem.. I would just think that it made get pretty sketchy down there.. So I would be careful if I were you..

*and if you don't bring your board, def check out the beach!! never know take up surfing?? lol

Good luck man!

check out Skatepark Miraflores..

This sounds good. My plan originally was to go somewhere where I could see the rainforest and go to a beach. I thought the beach was out, but realized Lima is on the ocean. Please tell me more about the beach because I really want to go. Is there one in particular I can reach without a car, and can I skate in the area? Since I just kinda jumped into this trip very recently and it wasn't my idea, I really don't know much about it at all. Also, Lima just kind of happened as a result of my ability to get tickets. You gotta fly to lima to get to Cuzco, and there is a gap on both ends so I'm going to be spending time in Lima, which I am hyped about.
I assume there will be nothing to skate in Cuzco or around that area, and am totally fine with that. There will be plenty more to be hyped on there.
Also, is there any specific or general area of Lima I should avoid? Also, any particular things I should or should not do? I really want to be conscientious of where I go and how I behave. I've recently become pretty aware of South and Central America's post-Columbian history and want to be sure to be particularly aware of my actions when I am down there.

Thanks for all the  help.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 01:18:20 PM »
Gip you should definitely cruise over to La Paz.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »

Gip i am stoked you are headed down there to check out Lima. � You will definitely enjoy it. �Do you know where you are staying? � i spent a pretty good amount of time over there as a youth and recently went back a couple years ago. you are in for a great time. � as far as good idea..if you are only going to have 15 hours the whole trip, and will have all your bags with you as you try to skate i'd say probably not the most favorable situation. �as with much of south america, outsider's bags are basically on the table for taking so be careful. � maybe more trouble than it is worth.

the Miraflores area is definitely worth a check out, and if you are are staying in lima for a couple days i hope that is where your friends booked a place too. �that is definitely a non sketchy and westerner friendly area, especially if none of you speak spanish. � there is a major shopping area along the beach that is built into a mountain, on the top side is a bunch of pretty fun ledges and you will probably see the locals skating them. �

that shopping area is called Larcomar here is a picture

the ledges are to right of the shopping center if you are facing the water. � i know what your thinking, "come all this way and skate ledges?!" haha. �well at least it is against a beautiful back drop. � i know you love �street cruising and such but honestly the traffic is pretty heavy and the drivers are really reckless...i had a couple close calls in the span of a few minutes then just kept it to the sidewalks. �

here is a link for the Miraflores skatepark. �it is pretty fun. �it is located on the coast just a couple kilometers north of Larcomar. � here is a link for the location. �
Skate Park - Google Maps

as far as non skate stuff Plaza Mayor, Chorrillos, well...just take a city tour. �you'll probably have a hot ass tour guide and it will cover admission to all the stuff.

if you go to Cusco, which i am hoping you are, you are in for a pretty incredible time. �great city amazing food. �the thing that i could not stress more is to NOT sleep on the Sacred Valley Tour. � extremely impressive. � if you guys have the time i would highly recommend taking that tour. �definitely check out the chicken shops that line the the perimeter of the city square, Plaza De Armas. � i also recommend a restaurant named "Inka Grill", it is also one of the many restaurants that line the Plaza de armas. � great food, first class ambience and cheap as hell. (all the food is cheap)

inka grill

btw in july it can be cold as shit in cusco at night, fyi. � also if you take malaria medication it makes a lot of people sick (myself included). � if you think you are getting under the weather it could be that horrible shit.

where is home?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
sorry i don't know why that post looks like such shit.   the writing is atrocious as well but i am not sorry for that part.
where is home?

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 07:36:10 PM »
I am remembering my trip to Lima several years back.. Beach wise, Miraflores is probably your best bet or just ask the locals what's there favorite is or visualtourist.com gives good advise as well.. I recall driving on the coast and I've seen people surfing so I assume that surfing is pretty big in Lima.. I heard of a really cool skate spot in Lima that have really cool banks to skate on.. it on Precursores, the spot is called Piramides de Precursores, but i heard it in a bad part of town.. The 'es team got their cameras stolen while skating the spot.. But its a fairly famous place in Lima. I would def. watch for unlicensed taxi drivers there too, pick pocket on buses and crowd market places... Cuzco is fairly big city too so I wouldn't be surprise if there are some nice plaza to skate as well..

I hope this is helpful! :)

Enjoy your visit to South America!

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/South_America/Peru/Departamento_de_Lima/Lima-1605109/Warnings_or_Dangers-Lima-TG-C-1.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:46:01 PM by Matthew Moon »

Diogenes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 10:58:10 AM »
Gip you should definitely cruise over to La Paz.

The coke in that place is crap and the guys who run it tear gassed a club I was in because it was their main competition. It was crazy, they locked the front door of the place so everyone was trapped trying to get out. The news team was there before it even happened too, which is pretty scandalous since they basically allowed it to happen in order to get some news coverage.

I'd check out the inner city where the markets are, there are so many spots in the city, most of which are along the ocean as someone else has mentioned. And oh yeah, you'll be sincerely disappointed by the beach. It is a beautiful city though.

Cuzco has a skatepark too though its too hard to breathe (altitude) to be able to skate. Check out a place called 'fallen angel', if you can find it. It was THE most amazing place I've ever drank a beer.

http://www.fallenangelincusco.com/

The tables are bath tubs (which have goldfish in them) with a clear sheet of glass over it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:09:24 AM by O »
I have nothing to ask but that you would remove to the other side, that you may not, by intercepting the sunshine, take from me what you cannot give?

-Diogenes 412 BC-323 BC

Upon being told by Alexander The Great if there were anything in the world he wished for, he could have it.

Quilmes Cerveza

• Rep: 5
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 07:54:06 PM »
Good to know you're headed South Gip! The Miraflores area is definitely one of the better spots in Lima. There is the big skate park a few people have mentioned and some descent spots around the area. You can walk down to the beach from the skate park and chill by the water. As someone else mentioned the beach isn't the greatest, but there are always a bunch of dudes surfing and a few who rent boards if you're interested. There was an older dude who rented gear and always insisted on smoking a few joints with the customers too. Some friends of mine just opened a skate shop in the area called Black and Chinese, or something of that nature. Those are the homies that took us to the pyramid spots. One of the most amazing places I've been for sure but it can be a little sketchy. I'll send you more info on those dudes and their new shop.
Cuzco actually has two different skate parks. One is super small and open to the public, worth checking out and getting some shralpage. There is another that is privately owned by the city and is really fun. I went with all the locals who insisted we hop the fence and get our skate on. Within about 10 minutes we had some pretty pissed off machine gun wielding Cuzco coppers giving us heat. Eventually they let us skate for about 30 minutes then sent us on our way. Didn't really find any good street spots there but I'm sure they are around.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll send you more info soon! :P

zipzinging

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
you can always give the securities 50 cents to a dollar and they will let you skate for a much longer time if theyre kicking you out. That kinda goes with anything, you haggle with everything you buy basically haha.

And the skatepark mentioned above is really sick, you get the most amazing view because it overlooks the ocean considering the park is on a mountain.

Also for cuzco, bring advil or ibuprofen for headaches, its very likely that you might get them due to the altitude. But they give you a tea called " mate de coca" http://www.peruherbals.com/3030/coca.html
and it makes you feel so good

Enjoy your trip man! Peru is the best! And the food is even better!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 10:08:40 PM »
Enjoy your trip, sounds like it will be fun.

adriankohatsu

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 12:45:59 PM »
well i am peruvian so sorry if my english is terrible. hehehe ahhh welll Lima has such of spots that you can skate such as Larcomar that they were talkin about  upside in the park you can skate some very smooth ledges and the classic 5 stairs..... like 20 or more blocks is away from larcomar is the skatepark of miraflores is a very nice skatepark some hubbas, a large handrail, some tranny... bowls and one mini, and tech section a piramid and large box

but the trouble is that the skate scene has grown so the skatepark miraflores is always full on weekends so if you want quiet ride you have to come in the morning or at night.

Lima should have an amount close to one hundred and fifty thousand skaters and skateboarders will be common to see street sidewalks, stairs, rails, etc.
There are several skateshops so do not worry if you broke Some board .... close to the skatepark of Miraflores is a winery that sells boards and also deals ..... vox footwear prices are reasonable in skateshops no problem and if you're short of money can buy local brands such as blacktower, trouble, etc.

speaking of spots to skate Lima is blessed with many spots to skate like you said close to the skatepark of miraflores theres many spots such as a carlsbad gap replica, some natural piramids called Piramids of Santa Cruz (santa cruz is the name of the buildings that they are) many sessions have been going out there like Van Wastell (RIP) bs tail bs out the tall piramid or Danny Falla (5BORO) nollie big heels the big piramid... another famous spot is the 17 stair in "residencial San Felipe" is a very large set of stairs that a few americans and peruvians have landed johny layton fs ollied over the rail and you get kicked out very quickly in the same residential there many set of stairs 9,8,4,4flat 4 with rail,etc and many ledges..

Besides the skatepark of miraflores there are several skatepark like carmen de la legua (that has 5 plasma tvs that the recent skate videos), skatepark of san miguel that is under restyling, the jesus maria skatepark....

when you get there be careful of the taxi drivers since there not taximeter so they can trick on you so the best advice is to ask people how much cost from here to here you know what i mean. the skaters of lima are very friendly specially when foreigneir comes to skate even if your not sponsored... an anecdote: when randy ploesser came to skate the park the people didnt know who was so one kid challenged him to a game of skate and since ploesser eas a little bit drunk he lost epicly but he was happy because the skaters threat him like another skater theres no "sign my board", ohhh "give me a photo" we only want to skate and free product hahaha
 if you want more information about food, historic landmarks ,skate scene,spots,skateshops,nightlife,cusco in peru just sent me a message

also check: www.skateboardingperu.com

here some videos of the locals ripping some spots in lima

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srX9EcroAvM

Daniel Suarez underated guy he rips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yN9Lwk36hs

an afternoon in the skatepark of miraflores

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s572-RHuvTw

the demo of circa in 2008 ramondetta owned the skatepark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjRU-MZmac&feature=player_embedded

throwaway footy

P.s: how do you insert images?