Author Topic: dickies appreciation  (Read 29154 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: dickies appreciation
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:07 AM »
Just ordered two pairs of Dickies for $40. WD25 for 25% most items.

Magic Pizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
I've been conducting a good amount of research lately, jus peeping skater's in their natural habitats, and I've found that one can tell a lot about the skateboarder based on what color dickies they prefer. I will share my findings in hope that we can all understand ourselves and others a little better.

Black: This is the choice color of the modest skater, who none-the-less desires to be somewhat fashionable, but not dylan fashionable, more like heath kirchart fashionable. You can find them in a variety of settings, they tend to lurk a little harder than others, and their cool outer persona masks a deep and emotional inner world. They often prefer the slim ones too.

Blue: The blue dickies are like the most common it seems, they could be the "gateway dickies" that former a jeans wearer chooses. They are also synonymous with the blue collar life style, so skaters who prefer them are also likely to enjoy tranny, cheep beer, working in mail rooms, and squalid living conditions. There are less obvious ties with punk music and Jason Dill.

Brown: Those who choose to rep browns are signifying ties to a prominent gang of skaters/artists. They are like the Crips of cellar doors. Key members are Kevin Coakley, Anthony Poppalardo, and Bobby Puleo. However, I should note that apparently Julien Stranger owns more than 50% of the stock in brown dickies (NASDAQ DBD).

Khaki: The preferred color of Dirts. If a skater owns even one pair, you can assume they have connections, however remote, to Florida.

Green: The least common color, green dickies are sort of ambiguous. Basically they are most similar to brown in what they symbolize, but since they harken to the days of army surplus pants and cargo pants, wearers signal an underlying alliance with '90s skate values.

Gray: Gray is a shade not a color, it is the midway between white and black, it represents harmony. In skateboarding it also represents the unity between scumbag hill bomber hesh-dog and '90s hip-hop ledge/manual technician. Think Rob Welsh.

That weird torquoise/green/blue-gray garbage man color: I haven't seen many skateboarders wear that color, it is like that weird color that crust punks and homeless joes wear. They are the most common color in Salvation Army. If you see a skater wearing those ones it is recommended that you act with caution, as they may turn out to be Duane Peters.

This concludes my research and I hope you come away with at least one bit of knowledge that you can apply to your local homoscape. And if you see someone with a skateboard who is just lurking there, not skating but watching other men while he sits alone like a faggot, dont worry. It's just me and my black dickies.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
I've been conducting a good amount of research lately, jus peeping skater's in their natural habitats, and I've found that one can tell a lot about the skateboarder based on what color dickies they prefer. I will share my findings in hope that we can all understand ourselves and others a little better.

Black: This is the choice color of the modest skater, who none-the-less desires to be somewhat fashionable, but not dylan fashionable, more like heath kirchart fashionable. You can find them in a variety of settings, they tend to lurk a little harder than others, and their cool outer persona masks a deep and emotional inner world. They often prefer the slim ones too.

Blue: The blue dickies are like the most common it seems, they could be the "gateway dickies" that former a jeans wearer chooses. They are also synonymous with the blue collar life style, so skaters who prefer them are also likely to enjoy tranny, cheep beer, working in mail rooms, and squalid living conditions. There are less obvious ties with punk music and Jason Dill.

Brown: Those who choose to rep browns are signifying ties to a prominent gang of skaters/artists. They are like the Crips of cellar doors. Key members are Kevin Coakley, Anthony Poppalardo, and Bobby Puleo. However, I should note that apparently Julien Stranger owns more than 50% of the stock in brown dickies (NASDAQ DBD).

Khaki: The preferred color of Dirts. If a skater owns even one pair, you can assume they have connections, however remote, to Florida.

Green: The least common color, green dickies are sort of ambiguous. Basically they are most similar to brown in what they symbolize, but since they harken to the days of army surplus pants and cargo pants, wearers signal an underlying alliance with '90s skate values.

Gray: Gray is a shade not a color, it is the midway between white and black, it represents harmony. In skateboarding it also represents the unity between scumbag hill bomber hesh-dog and '90s hip-hop ledge/manual technician. Think Rob Welsh.

That weird torquoise/green/blue-gray garbage man color: I haven't seen many skateboarders wear that color, it is like that weird color that crust punks and homeless joes wear. They are the most common color in Salvation Army. If you see a skater wearing those ones it is recommended that you act with caution, as they may turn out to be Duane Peters.

This concludes my research and I hope you come away with at least one bit of knowledge that you can apply to your local homoscape. And if you see someone with a skateboard who is just lurking there, not skating but watching other men while he sits alone like a faggot, dont worry. It's just me and my black dickies.

Gold. +1
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Hammersleycinema

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
I have a few pairs so worn in that they look like sweat pants now

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2011, 08:38:56 PM »
I only own one pair of dickies and they are Kahki and I was born in Florida.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 04:38:46 AM »
Well done Pizza. I own a pair of maroon ones so I'm considering those as one-off's of the garbage man color.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
Fucking awesome Pizza! Spot on about that "other" color... I have some like that and sometimes used to wonder if I was colorblind. They also look like the green ones indoors, then *poof* they become whatevercolor once you go out.

Ivor86

• Rep: -1
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2011, 12:11:05 PM »
Dickies are aight but like someone previously stated the leg opening is waaaay too wide! What are the  C182 slims like, anyone?
Kickflip yo dick!

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Oh my god Pizza. That was perfect.

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2011, 04:14:35 PM »
Well done Pizza. I own a pair of maroon ones so I'm considering those as one-off's of the garbage man color.

I've only seen one pair in my life and they were in a store, as opposed to being worn, so you have a very fortunate opportunity to define an entire spectrum. For now it should be noted as a "pioneer color".

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »
Ive noticed that certain pairs of new Dickies fit a bit different now. If you buy a pair of the 874's and there is a black tag on the inside waist that says "Dickies work" on it, it tends to fit baggier and has a wider leg opening than usual. The pairs that don't have the black tag on the inside usually fit a bit slimmer and look better in my opinion. So next time you are going to buy a pair of the 874s, look for a pair without the black tag.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »
My only beef with Dickies is that their normal cut is really baggy, like some clown pants shit. Their slim is better, but it's tight in weird places and has no give so it kinda makes me paranoid that I'm going to rip my pants.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
My only beef with Dickies is that their normal cut is really baggy, like some clown pants shit. Their slim is better, but it's tight in weird places and has no give so it kinda makes me paranoid that I'm going to rip my pants.
Are you talking about the slim straight pants? I find them to be really baggy. I have a pair and I'm not liking them any more.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Are you talking about the slim straight pants? I find them to be really baggy. I have a pair and I'm not liking them any more.
Yeah I think so. They arn't terrible.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »
J.Crew Bedford Chinos, you can find them at your closest outlet mall (if they have a J.Crew store). Haven't touched my Dickies in months. But that's if you're looking for a quality slim straight chino.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2011, 01:01:42 PM »

fucking hilarious, this quote had me rolling

EDIT: also, I recently found a pair of the wet cement grey Dickies x Spitfires in my closet that I completely forgot I had. Such a great surprise!
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

starwars

• Rep: 1
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2011, 11:33:33 PM »
J.Crew Bedford Chinos, you can find them at your closest outlet mall (if they have a J.Crew store). Haven't touched my Dickies in months. But that's if you're looking for a quality slim straight chino.
bingo. dickies are for people who have yet to discover what a chino pant is. they're like the beginners choice for a skater deciding to venture out of jean wearing.

Wh0l3

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

These rip really quick

VictoriousOG

« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2011, 01:09:50 PM »
Mine haven't ripped yet, but I never rip any pants/jeans.

immagetchuwet

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
cheap and stylish what more could you ask for ?

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »
I have a few pairs so worn in that they look like sweat pants now

Are they the brown ones by any chance?

Hammersleycinema

« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
I always wore the black dickies the most.  Brown ones were always a rare find, but I remember always looking for them.  If you came across a store that carried brown dickies you had to tell your buddies like it was something important.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:05:34 PM by Midwest Disconnect »

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »
I always wore the black dickies the most.  Brown ones were always a rare find, but I remember always looking for them.  If you came across a store that carried brown dickies you had to tell your buddies like it was something important.

Yeah prob won't be finding them in a Kmart. Although I haven't been in a Kmart in a while. The army navy surplus place had pretty much all the colors. One of my friends did some mail order shit in the 90s and had all kinds of Dickies, I remember he had some forest green corduroys.

Chizepe

• Rep: 0
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2011, 11:47:47 AM »
I have a pair of green Anti Hero 34x34 and a pair of 34x34 Spitfire dickies that have been washed once each. I should have bought 36's for my fat ass but blew it. If anyone is interested in them pm me and maybe we can work something out.

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »

I went to the J.Crew store in downtown SF and did not find any bedford style pants. There was broken-in, but they seemed just a bit too baggy. Would you know if the Essential style is similar to bedford? I'm perusing the online store and those look the best. I want some new fuckin pants.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »
They're an outlet exclusive from what I've learned. So they're not possible to get online.

Latarian Milton

• Rep: 34
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2011, 10:08:12 PM »
Took a slam in a pool and fell straight to flat, next thing I know the hook on my waist pops off of my Dickies.  :-\

robcapone

• Rep: -1
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
do the slim fit ones fit like most chinos? like the volcom ones? because they look sick and cheap as hell and i wanna be trendy too

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
explain, please, exactly how can wearing something that's been a standard for decades be considered trendy?
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »
do the slim fit ones fit like most chinos? like the volcom ones? because they look sick and cheap as hell and i wanna be trendy too

put a dick in you forehead, thats trendy fucker