Author Topic: DEAN ALTERS PEOPLE'S REPS. WHAT A FAGGOT.  (Read 46521 times)

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Re: DEAN ALTERS PEOPLE'S REPS. WHAT A FAGGOT.
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »
PEOPLE ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR REPS. WHAT A FAGGOT(S)
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who cares?
[close]

you don't find it hilarious/pathetic at all that he is so obsessed with that tiny number?
[close]
You must be a huge kook for me to agree with COTG over you. You yourself seem obsessed with it to make it into a little episode of your own, thus making you look as lame.
[close]

what are you talking about did you read my post at all?  or do you just have no reading comprehension?

stop being bitter because I shitted on you for being a incest-minded hipster wanna-be faggot that posts every single aspect of his life on this message board when honestly not a single person gives a fuck.  oh look, its time for me to go post in the outfit your wearing thread, oh shit i better post this video of me skating the same skatepark only doing mobbed ollies into the mellowest banks, i like to go to the skatepark to show off my trendy yet ironic clothing not to actually skate, whoa time to update my tumblr and post it in blogs thread already?  you're lame as fuck and no one cares about you or your life.
Hahaha, stop crying.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
ABOLISH THE FEDERAL RESERVE AND THE REP SYSTEM

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
i dont know what is more sad...people caring at all about a point system regarding their messageboard shenanigans or people thinking others will think differently about them based on said system.
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

Insatiable

• Rep: -17
  • A thirst that can never be quenched
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 09:07:56 AM »
i dont know what is more sad...people caring at all about a point system regarding their messageboard shenanigans or people thinking others will think differently about them based on said system.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 09:12:44 AM »
my friend used to say "Mike, you are trying to hard to get a girlfriend. it will happen when you least expect it". and boom it did.

just like on here, i wanted to have a high rep because i thoughti was the best skateboarder, personality, and MC. but boy was i wrong, and did the kooks come rollin in

then by the time i actually became a pal, my rep plummeted to less than -1000 and i didnt care about rep anymore. i was like" i am going to make so many people have good reps" but i stopped caring, and now i cant be bothered to kook or gnar anyone

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:20 AM »
I don't even know how this site's rep system works. And I'm not really on an expedition to find out either.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 09:51:51 AM »
not caring about rep is one thing. But not caring about the people in charge abusing their power in any way? How can u be ok with that?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
What power?  Am I not gonna get my chocolate milk?  Fuck these tyrannical swine!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »
not caring about rep is one thing. But not caring about the people in charge abusing their power in any way? How can u be ok with that?
i'm totally okay with that, at least in the sense that they are deleting rep points or adding them, because people that have lives outside of slap i'm sure don't even know what their own reps are, and anyone who is really losing sleep over their reps plummeting (apparently plenty of people in this thread, i'm surprised/amazed to say) deserve to get kook'd in the first place. don't get me wrong, i'm not condoning the fact that dean and bantam are doing that, i'm just saying that if you didn't care so deeply about your reps, it literally would not effect you in the least. unfortunately, they aren't doing that just because they know it will fuck with you guys' minds, considering they're also using their powers to raise their own reps, so they genuinely place a high regard on them as well.

altering posts to keep someone from being a pal is a different story and pretty lame, but even that isn't the end of the world.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
What power?� Am I not gonna get my chocolate milk?� Fuck these tyrannical swine!

Maybe you missed the whole part where dean was censoring the forum.  And also deleting posts and altering his rep to make himself look better and banning anyone who questioned his "authority."

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »
Sic semper tyrannis!
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 10:19:24 AM »

true that. This rep tampering business kind of spoils the integrity of the boards. Regardless of how you
feel about your rep number, you should at least be able to take comfort in the fact that you
earned your points one by one
ableSkateMag.com

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »
Gomez is no longer allowed to respond to anyone over the age of 16.

Deleting posts, banning people, censoring male nudity, altering rep. Its all the same. Abuse
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »
yeah it's super immature to not take pride in your hard earned rep. lol
didn't know dean was banning people and deleting posts too, that makes him more lame and actually deserving to be relieved of his powers.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
who really gives a fuck?

professor pocket pussy

• Rep: 31
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 10:32:24 AM »
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.  they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.  obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.  if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.  or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
now sticking a perfect kickflip 5050 on a tech deck that is something to blog about to all your homebwayes.

the ragamuffin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »
I wrote a long ass (10-12 page) paper on SLAP's rep system a couple years ago in a Social Research Methods class. Which I can't find, dammit. I sent Albatross the one part of it I could find on my computer but the rest is missing...

Anyway, alot of it was based on the idea of social deviance, which Slap achieves by allowing long-time members the ability to increase or reduce each member's "score." While this "score" is technically just an arbitrary integer, it serves to grade a member's contribution to the board. Having a negative rep places a certain label on an account--it shows that their posts don't live up to the standards of the establishment, that they are deviant.

Needless to say, some people crave negative attention, especially with the anonymity of the internet, but positive rep is desirable because it establishes respect and trust of one's ideas and links.

This system is designed to be at least somewhat Democratic in the sense that anyone can post 1000 times and become a "Pal," thus gaining the ability to "kook" and "gnar;" however, in reality one must create 1000 posts that avoid overt conflict with the interests of already established Pals.

There are alot of different trends of kooking and gnarring that occur within SLAP. One I've noticed is that for the most part, newer accounts get put into the negatives before they reach 100 posts--the same thing happened to me (although to be fair this was 5 years ago and I only wanted to talk about weed). And now there's this shit about mods changing reps. The system is somewhat fragile in this way, with Mods reducing post counts to keep undesired posters out of Paldom and similar sob stories.

I'm running out of steam, but all that really matters is that you see through the bullshit. There are bad posters and good posters and everyone should be able to figure out which is which on their own.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.?  they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.?  obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.?  if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.?  or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
the only time the rep abuse affects the boards is when people like you complain about it.  but really, why do you care so much that your fucking rep has been messed with?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:09 AM »
yeah its lame that dean is abusing that shit but so are all the pals that do the same thing by having multiple accounts.
its really no different and it really makes no difference.  
the only people who really care about that shit, are the ones using the button in the first place, be it the gnar or the kook.

professor pocket pussy

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.?  they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.?  obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.?  if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.?  or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
[close]
the only time the rep abuse affects the boards is when people like you complain about it.  but really, why do you care so much that your fucking rep has been messed with?
thanks for proving my point about you.
now sticking a perfect kickflip 5050 on a tech deck that is something to blog about to all your homebwayes.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.??  they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.??  obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.??  if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.??  or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
[close]
the only time the rep abuse affects the boards is when people like you complain about it.?  but really, why do you care so much that your fucking rep has been messed with?
[close]
thanks for proving my point about you.
no problem

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.  they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.  obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.  if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.  or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
please explain to me how rep abuse affects my enjoyment of the boards. no, i'm not being sarcastic, i genuinely want you to explain to me that, despite the fact that i don't even check what one's rep is when i read their posts and enjoy the time i spend on the slap messageboards, that somehow i am not enjoying it? huh? i'm not a "badass" for not caring, you are a dumbass because you do care and you let it affect your enjoyment.

here's how the boards work when you don't care about rep: the first time i see a post from a poster that actually catches my eye (like actually stating an opinion that doesn't fit everything else said in the thread) i'll see what their name is, and then associate it with either their avatar or signature (if they have one, if they have neither, then i typically don't remember them). and then i'll check their rep just to see how they are perceived by the people that actually bother to kook/gnar, but i don't let it affect my opinion of them. so typically, whenever i scroll through a thread reading comments, i read the comment then glance over and try to detect whatever it is that i've associated with that poster (avatar, sig, etc). then after enough posts (sometimes it only takes one) i'll make an opinion of that poster. that's how it should be. i bet your dumbass reads a comment but checks to see the dude's rep before you make an opinion on it because if the slap boards consider this guy to be a bad poster, then a) he doesn't know what he's talking about and b) i don't want to potentially damage my own rep by siding with a guy that slap apparently hates.

about oh and i disagree with your point and think you're an idiot, so i think the customary thing to do would be to kook you for that post. so yeah, i kooked you, and i enjoyed it because i know that you are really pissed now.  ;)

Nick

• Rep: 0
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2010, 11:09:28 AM »

strangefires

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »
gomez is immune to bias y'all

strangefires

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
please explain to me how rep abuse affects my enjoyment of the boards. no, i'm not being sarcastic, i genuinely want you to explain to me that, despite the fact that i don't even check what one's rep is when i read their posts and enjoy the time i spend on the slap messageboards, that somehow i am not enjoying it? huh? i'm not a "badass" for not caring, you are a dumbass because you do care and you let it affect your enjoyment.

here's how the boards work when you don't care about rep: the first time i see a post from a poster that actually catches my eye (like actually stating an opinion that doesn't fit everything else said in the thread) i'll see what their name is, and then associate it with either their avatar or signature (if they have one, if they have neither, then i typically don't remember them). and then i'll check their rep just to see how they are perceived by the people that actually bother to kook/gnar, but i don't let it affect my opinion of them. so typically, whenever i scroll through a thread reading comments, i read the comment then glance over and try to detect whatever it is that i've associated with that poster (avatar, sig, etc). then after enough posts (sometimes it only takes one) i'll make an opinion of that poster. that's how it should be. i bet your dumbass reads a comment but checks to see the dude's rep before you make an opinion on it because if the slap boards consider this guy to be a bad poster, then a) he doesn't know what he's talking about and b) i don't want to potentially damage my own rep by siding with a guy that slap apparently hates.

about oh and i disagree with your point and think you're an idiot, so i think the customary thing to do would be to kook you for that post. so yeah, i kooked you, and i enjoyed it because i know that you are really pissed now.  ;)

it's sad that you are so fucking thick. no one is going to explain anything to you because you're just going to create
some absolutely regular rationalization to back your opinion, whether it has any actual substance or not.

also, this thread is not so much about rep as it is about mod's abusing power. so please, stop posting, you fucking moron.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2010, 11:15:41 AM »
i pretty much only remember people with good names, ? good avatars, and/or good signature. how the fuck could you forget the fellatio menace?

if i know you strictly from good posts alone and you have a name like "stoner420" then you must have some really good photoshop skills or be really on the fucking ball.

conversely, i can't really think of any posters who have a positive rep as high as mine, mine has obviously been rigged to reach that level, and i am a person. if you followed the boards about 5 or 6 months ago you would have seen my rep at the same number but with a bit ol - sign in front of it. so pretty much everyone just kooks eachother on here, which i think is awesome, so i think that for the most part the people with the lowest reps are actually the most interesting posters.

The only people who have legit rep are like, Whitely, DGKalis, people who even admins wont even fuck with their rep.

I am not going to name any names but there was a poster on here who told me he was creating a 2nd account and gnar himself every day until he hit pal status for a 2nd time without even making a single post but i think he gave up on that but i could be wrong i havent seen him on here in awhile

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2010, 11:17:30 AM »
This thread is fun

professor pocket pussy

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2010, 11:21:21 AM »
Expand Quote
i love how some ppl are so one-minded and just say who gives a fuck, i dont care etc.� they lack the ability to see that this just like what... the 5th, 6th, 7th? time dean has abused his power.� obviously its not about the fucking number so stop acting like you're some kind of badass for not caring.� if you weren't so fucking stupid you'd realize that the rep abuse affects the board.� or you dont care about or enjoy the boards at all... in which case why the fuck are you here?
[close]

about oh and i disagree with your point and think you're an idiot, so i think the customary thing to do would be to kook you for that post. so yeah, i kooked you, and i enjoyed it because i know that you are really pissed now.� ;)

damn you guys have the worst fucking reading comprehension i've ever seen.  did you read any of my posts at all?  REP DOESN'T MEAN SHIT.  congratulations you figured it out.  you're so fucking regular.  can you not comprehend anything without it being spelled out for you.

the mods/admins have power over the board.  their abusing of the rep system is just that.  another way for them to abuse their power.  hell lets not even drag all the mods into this.  its another way for DEAN to try and demonstrate superiority.  the rep itself, the whole rep system is not the fucking issue.  its the fact that he has the ability to abuse this and attempt to hide it.  its the fact that he IS ABUSING THIS.  hes already abused your right to post without it being censored.  hes already abused your right to post your opinion without it being deleted. hes already abused your right to display a negative perception about him.  and hes would fucking still be banning users that questioned him if his bullshit was not posted and drawn to the attention of the users and whiteley.

quit being so fucking one-minded and stupid.  no one cares about the rep you fucking ignorant dipshit.  its about your ability to enjoy the message boards and being able to post your opinion without it being censored or if a mod doesn't like it.  it'd be like you getting banned right now for being so fucking dumb.

if ppl didn't draw attention to his bullshit he'd still be banning who ever disagreed with him and deleting posts he didn't like.

strangefires

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »
the fact is, whether you think you are or not, you ARE influenced by that regular little number.
consciously, you may be saying "no way, bro, i am a highly aware, bias immune, superhuman."
but the fact is, sub-consciously, your mind is creating an entire paradigm based on every little facet
of information you absorb, including that stupid rep number that you care so little about!

i think that the entire system should be done away with, but that probably will not happen.

this is not completely irrelevant, in my opinion, to a mod's abuse of power.

even if you discount this fact, and my opinion, entirely, dean is still a fascist, environment fuddling cunt
based on his censorship and banning.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:30:48 AM by strangefires »