Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218961 times)

luke_gardner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Chicago.
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
All things Chicago. Hello Chi heads. I am by no means arbiter of all knowledge Chicago, I'm pretty damn ignorant in fact.

City is a deathtrap right now - it's winter. Don't visit until summer you fucks. Goddamn we (I?) need a good indoor facility.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
Yes, we do. An indoor facility that isn't Krush.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 06:31:48 PM »
I haven't been to Asylum yet, but I heard it's fun.  A change of pace at least.

http://www.facebook.com/asylumskatepark?ref=ts
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Austin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
Chicago's awesome, my 2nd  favorite pesident and favorite baseball team are there.
I like my trucks how i like my women, Loose.

luke_gardner

• Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:52 PM »
Lake Bluff is not Chicago. okay?

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

If you are talking to me, Tinley Park is not Chicago either.  Just throwing things out there.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you are talking to me, Tinley Park is not Chicago either.  Just throwing things out there.

Very true. But that's part of the reason we need an actual Chicago indoor facility.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
fuck logan park, that shitty prefab park does not stay dry under there, so it doesnt really accomplish anything being underneath the freeway, its only good for skating every once and a while in the winter

luke_gardner

• Chicagoooo
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 09:54:49 AM »
yeah Logan is baffling in winter.
I don't mind the wetness so much as the incredible slippery surfaces.
there are some good parking garages around though.

[edit] I went to Wilson today (January 3) and it was dry except for the bowls. there were like ten people there, I skated for 3 hours or so. the cold was bearable with thermal socks and a couple of layers
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:26:48 PM by luke_gardner »

BriDen

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
Really glad to see more Krush hate on here, that place is the worst.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »
ive never been happy with any indoor park ive ever been to. i'll just wait out the winter and skate on dry days like today. this whole week is looking pretty good aswell

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
ive never been happy with any indoor park ive ever been to. i'll just wait out the winter and skate on dry days like today. this whole week is looking pretty good aswell

Yeah, it looks nice. Stupid school work.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
It is completely fucked that we have been conditioned to think that if the sun is out and the streets are dry, it's go time.  It is 12 fucking degrees out, but here we are seshing a parking lot.

Kill me.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
my friend's brother is opening a skatepark out in the burbs somewhere. i've seen pictures of it and it looks pretty sick but they're talking about charging $12 which is way too much.

BriDen

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
my friend's brother is opening a skatepark out in the burbs somewhere. i've seen pictures of it and it looks pretty sick but they're talking about charging $12 which is way too much.

That's what Krush charges, and if the prices aren't lower, nobody's going to go somewhere else. Fine by me though, Krush heads should there and never leave.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
any of you currently go to school in the city?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's what Krush charges, and if the prices aren't lower, nobody's going to go somewhere else. Fine by me though, Krush heads should there and never leave.
You left out some verbs here, but I think I get what you are saying, and growing up around there, during certain times of year, I paid whatever the fuck they asked me to go to skateparks. Triple r was pretty expensive and pretty much weekends january-april the place was packed to the gills. The only reason it shut down was because the owner's blader son got into a car accident while he was coked up after having an argument with his girlfriend, and the med bills bankrupted the owner.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BriDen

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You left out some verbs here, but I think I get what you are saying, and growing up around there, during certain times of year, I paid whatever the fuck they asked me to go to skateparks. Triple r was pretty expensive and pretty much weekends january-april the place was packed to the gills. The only reason it shut down was because the owner's blader son got into a car accident while he was coked up after having an argument with his girlfriend, and the med bills bankrupted the owner.

Hah whoops. My point was that Krush has a huge following of 99% douchebags. They prob wouldn't go anywhere else unless they have lower prices, but they should all stay there anyways because they really know how to suck the fun out of a session.

There's an "indoor" park up in elk grove village run by the park district (16 year old girls), but last time I went there, it was wet inside. One of the walls is just a fence with a tarp over it, so the whole "indoor" aspect doesn't prevent freezing cold or rain/snow from fucking up the session.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hah whoops. My point was that Krush has a huge following of 99% douchebags. They prob wouldn't go anywhere else unless they have lower prices, but they should all stay there anyways because they really know how to suck the fun out of a session.

There's an "indoor" park up in elk grove village run by the park district (16 year old girls), but last time I went there, it was wet inside. One of the walls is just a fence with a tarp over it, so the whole "indoor" aspect doesn't prevent freezing cold or rain/snow from fucking up the session.
was it audobon? ive heard about that place, but never been

BriDen

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
Yeah that's it; you're not missing anything.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
any of you guys been to logan in the past few days?  i was wondering before i go if any of that shitty ice that froze all over got under the bridge...

Stonesthrowplease

• Rep: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
Logan was perfectly dry today.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 09:28:26 PM »
i think there is something wrong with me, going skating today when its zero degrees out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »
i think there is something wrong with me, going skating today when its zero degrees out
One of the first gnars I've given in a while for you sir. Nothing wrong with you at all, you are just a rad and committed skateboarder. I love where I live, but something about California doesn't even give you the opportunity to be hard like that. I still treasure the memory of going to a local skatepark with some friends, digging 2 feet of snow off of the mini ramp, drying it, and skating it.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
Audoban sucks other than their mini ramp(the big one not that 2 foot piss poor excuse for one), but the temperature is so low in there you might as well be outside. I haven't skated anything but flat ground and a few spots around my apartment this winter. My trucks get so cold and I just tick tack around like an asshole but whatever.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »
briden, were you walking around in the city today?  i swear i saw you with some chick

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
briden, were you walking around in the city today?  i swear i saw you with some chick
Everybody looks tubby in a winter jacket.

BriDen

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »
Good one gipper.

I actually was walking around with my girl today. Do I know you in real life? Or have you just seen one of the dozen or so threads that cigbeer made about me?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 07:06:04 AM »
 no, i dont know you in real life and yes, i saw one of your pictures in one of cigbeers threads about you.  were you walking around down by right off of irving park on leavitt and around there?

BriDen

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
Nah man that wasn't me. But it's good to know I've got a doppelganger out there...