Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218952 times)

CUDDLEMONSTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »
your clean ass grip tape almost made me nut. fuck salt forever.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:40 PM »
skater austin sent me a pm today, "lol when I move back to Chicago in the summer your ass isnt going to    Milwaukee Ave.
 be  abe to get any shit from Uprise on Miwuakee Ave. or L'Myreo's over on West Touhy if I have anything to do with it. Asshole"

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »
skater austin sent me a pm today, "lol when I move back to Chicago in the summer your ass isnt going to    Milwaukee Ave.
 be  abe to get any shit from Uprise on Miwuakee Ave. or L'Myreo's over on West Touhy if I have anything to do with it. Asshole"
Moves back to Chicago? 

We should have a (un)welcoming party.

Also what the fuck is L'myreo's?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2011, 05:36:37 PM »
i love how he listed the addresses and how he acts like he's gonna be working there

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2011, 05:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Moves back to Chicago? 

pretty sure its a shop never been though has anyone?
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skater austin sent me a pm today, "lol when I move back to Chicago in the summer your ass isnt going to?  ?  Milwaukee Ave.
 be?  abe to get any shit from Uprise on Miwuakee Ave. or L'Myreo's over on West Touhy if I have anything to do with it. Asshole"
[close]
Moves back to Chicago?? 

[close]
pretty sure its a shop never been though has anyone?
ive been once, just because someone told me they let you skate flat in the store.  the dude there seemed pretty kooky

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »
"He dipshit, did i say i was working at uprise?no. im working at L'Myreo's dumbass.  You wanna fight? no joke."  looks like austin is  joining the ranks of kookyness at lymreos

BriDen

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2011, 06:15:32 PM »
As if them advertising on the berrics wasn't reason enough for me to not go there.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »
now skater austin is suggesting him and i fighting at navy pier

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »

you should do it. id be glad to come and watch. and i went to lmyreos once aswell; kook central.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2011, 10:18:10 PM »
This thread got pretty hilarious. I can't believe the snow melted today in like 6 hours, that put  huge smile on my face, I'm hoping the good weather is here to stay.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you should do it. id be glad to come and watch. 

I would go to this as well.

As for L'myreo's, I've never been but everyone knows that Uprise runs Chicago. Which is why they don't need Berrics ad space to stay open.

TheBouncingSoul

• Rep: -2
  • Beauty in simplicity.
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »
Sup dudes,

I just moved to Chicago about six months ago. I'm totally digging it so far. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to skate much because I broke my ankle three days after I moved. Some places I got to check out were Wilson and Logan. Both are pretty sick parks. Logan had a pretty strong "you've never been here" vibe, but aside from that, it was pretty chill.

I wanted to post on here because I'm looking for some good spots. I love just crusin' the streets, but aside from downtown I haven't really found much to skate. I live in Lakeview, could you dudes give me some suggestions on some gnarly spots. Nothing to gnarly, I've been skating for 11 years, so i can't jump down things as much as I'd like anymore, but rails, ledges, banks, manny pads, etc,. Would be appreciated. I totally expect some douchebag comments, but it's all in good fun.

Peace,
J.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 12:15:21 AM »
You can probably google map a lot of the stuff I'm about to fire off so here goes:

The picaso statue is a big metal bank.

University of Illinois in Chicago, theres ledges (you have to pop out of them cuz they lead into pillars) small stairsets and a big bank. Theres some banks and a ledge by student center east too. Also, ,theres a weird thing by the Daily Library you might wanna check out, it's like a C shaped thing you might be able to do manuals on, its kind of hard to skate.

Theres a hospital just west of the UIC, there are flatbars on the sidewalk, an up ledge in a parking garage (just a yellow curb that gets taller, it's pretty fun. The parking garage I'm talking about is off of Ashland on Harrison), and a fun steep bank thingy over there right across the street from the up ledge, well a little bit west but not even a block.

University of Chicago has some cool spots if you decide to head south. It has a curved ledge, a mellow ledge down some stairs, this cool metal bank thing you can grind and like pop or roll into.

You could check out the ravenwood barrier too. I'm not too sure on the address for that one, but there's another barrier spot on the corner of pershing and normal.

W Fulton St. west of Halsted has some coping ledges and a couple gaps.

Careful skating the loop, the cops have been known to hand out tickets these days.

That's the stuff I got off the top of my head. I hope you like them or get a chance to check them out. There's a shitload more spots, just skate around a bit more closer to the city. A bit west of the loop has a ton of spots.

TheBouncingSoul

• Beauty in simplicity.
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:16 AM »
You can probably google map a lot of the stuff I'm about to fire off so here goes:

The picaso statue is a big metal bank.

University of Illinois in Chicago, theres ledges (you have to pop out of them cuz they lead into pillars) small stairsets and a big bank. Theres some banks and a ledge by student center east too. Also, ,theres a weird thing by the Daily Library you might wanna check out, it's like a C shaped thing you might be able to do manuals on, its kind of hard to skate.

Theres a hospital just west of the UIC, there are flatbars on the sidewalk, an up ledge in a parking garage (just a yellow curb that gets taller, it's pretty fun. The parking garage I'm talking about is off of Ashland on Harrison), and a fun steep bank thingy over there right across the street from the up ledge, well a little bit west but not even a block.

University of Chicago has some cool spots if you decide to head south. It has a curved ledge, a mellow ledge down some stairs, this cool metal bank thing you can grind and like pop or roll into.

You could check out the ravenwood barrier too. I'm not too sure on the address for that one, but there's another barrier spot on the corner of pershing and normal.

W Fulton St. west of Halsted has some coping ledges and a couple gaps.

Careful skating the loop, the cops have been known to hand out tickets these days.

That's the stuff I got off the top of my head. I hope you like them or get a chance to check them out. There's a shitload more spots, just skate around a bit more closer to the city. A bit west of the loop has a ton of spots.

Thanks! You are the man! I just sold my car, so I'll likely be crusin' or riding the CTA to these spots. Again, I really appreciate this.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2011, 12:37:05 AM »
No problem, just PM me if you need help finding them or are looking for more.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »
Sup dudes,

I just moved to Chicago about six months ago. I'm totally digging it so far. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to skate much because I broke my ankle three days after I moved. Some places I got to check out were Wilson and Logan. Both are pretty sick parks. Logan had a pretty strong "you've never been here" vibe, but aside from that, it was pretty chill.

I wanted to post on here because I'm looking for some good spots. I love just crusin' the streets, but aside from downtown I haven't really found much to skate. I live in Lakeview, could you dudes give me some suggestions on some gnarly spots. Nothing to gnarly, I've been skating for 11 years, so i can't jump down things as much as I'd like anymore, but rails, ledges, banks, manny pads, etc,. Would be appreciated. I totally expect some douchebag comments, but it's all in good fun.

Peace,
J.
i also live in lakeview, lets skate sometime

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
w8 austin told me he was gonna move to my town awhile back
hmmm

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot?  Ban you from your local skateshops? 

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot??  Ban you from your local skateshops?? 
I hereby invite all slap pals to witness a fight between austin and i, so i can put his dumbass in line

BriDen

« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot??  Ban you from your local skateshops?? 
[close]
I hereby invite all slap pals to witness a fight between austin and i, so i can put his dumbass in line

Time and place, please. I'll be there.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot???  Ban you from your local skateshops??? 
[close]
[close]

Time and place, please. I'll be there.
according to austin, he's moving here mid june

chrisB

• Rep: 51
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
Hey guys, I'm from Minnesota but we travel all around the midwest during the summer. Wondering if anyone can help me out with the locations of these spots.  Not sure if these are all near Chicago or even in Illinois at all but any help would be very appreciated.  If anybody needs a tour guide for Minneapolis I'd be happy to show you around ;D

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:35 PM »
first one is in sincinatti

last one is in the city

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »

last one is in the city
i'm pretty sure the last one is on webster

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »
#5 is a couple of blocks from me in Rockford, IL.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote

last one is in the city
[close]
i'm pretty sure the last one is on webster
Yea corner of webster and ashland

The one before it is on the corner W Fulton and N May St. I think.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2011, 08:21:36 PM »
5th one is rockford

TheBouncingSoul

• Beauty in simplicity.
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Sup dudes,

Peace,
J.
[close]
i also live in lakeview, lets skate sometime
That would be killer. I need some chill dudes to skate with. I also need a nice parking lot or something. Have to get my heelflip tricks back. They still kind of sting my ankle.

TheBouncingSoul

• Beauty in simplicity.
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »
Hey guys, I'm from Minnesota but we travel all around the midwest during the summer. Wondering if anyone can help me out with the locations of these spots. ? Not sure if these are all near Chicago or even in Illinois at all but any help would be very appreciated. ? If anybody needs a tour guide for Minneapolis I'd be happy to show you around ;D

Please tell me where the 4th one is at! That ledge looks beautiful!