Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218983 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
I have a new goal.  Weekly bike rides, in hopes of making a comprehensive photographic spot list for Rockford, IL.  I know plenty of you guys have skated Flynn, but there are a few more spots not everyone has been to, I assume.  Any requests?

I mean, have you seen this fucking thing The Board Boutique did for Champaign, IL?  It's incredible.  I asked one of the guys there if they got any hate from the locals, blowin out there shit.  He said no, and if you can't step up your game at your own spots, then tough shit.  I love this angle, and want to do a similar thing.  Have a look, then plan a trip there.   

Get rid of the dashes before and after, better on its own page.  Scroll a lil southeast.

----http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=h&msa=0&msid=103239968306776657492.000482282faae089a4e90&ll=40.149882,-88.272743&spn=0.085287,0.092354&z=13&iwloc=000482283e020932da8bd&source=embed----

Champaign Urbana Spot List - Google Maps
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Gnarwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »
^im doing the same thing today, im going skating around lakeview, i'll get pictures of some spots.  just to forwarn you, some of these spots are extremely shitty

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
That rail is tight, E Flems.

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
Yea I'm going to school at U of I and the Board Boutique has done tons for skating out here. It went through some ownership issues recently but they've got a great local scene going on.

nylin

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot???  Ban you from your local skateshops??? 
[close]
I hereby invite all slap pals to witness a fight between austin and i, so i can put his dumbass in line
[close]

Time and place, please. I'll be there.
[close]
according to austin, he's moving here mid june

This should be filmed

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is he going to fight you at your local tourist spot????  Ban you from your local skateshops???? 
[close]
I hereby invite all slap pals to witness a fight between austin and i, so i can put his dumbass in line
[close]

Time and place, please. I'll be there.
[close]
according to austin, he's moving here mid june
[close]

This should be filmed
I was just BSing about me movin up there, im visting though and not sure if I still want to fight Gnarwal, not pussying out, if i go to chicago, im going to skate, not fight some random dude.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
damn...

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »
hey would you look at that? the weather wasn't total dogshit for a couple of days. those two spots at fulton market (the nice ledge and sidewalk gap) are literally 200 feet from my place, but they haven't been skateable all winter because of salt/wetness/rocks/snow piles. really shitty but there will be sooo many good weekends to skate that spot this summer. i can't wait.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
skated the city yesterday twas rad

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2011, 06:51:52 PM »
do any of you guys know how to post pictures on here from my iphone, if so ive got a few little gems to post

not directly, but ive found the best way is to get the photobucket or tumblr app and then upload them to that and take the url to post here. not as easy as i wish it was, but it does the trick

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
do any of you guys know how to post pictures on here from my iphone, if so ive got a few little gems to post
[close]

not directly, but ive found the best way is to get the photobucket or tumblr app and then upload them to that and take the url to post here. not as easy as i wish it was, but it does the trick
yea i got the photobucket app, hopefully i'll have some spot picutres up tomorrow

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
sorry for the double post but, the fucks up with this weather?  windy as fuck and low 30's...

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
this spring has been such a tease. monday it was beautiful and now for my entire springbreak its gonna be shitty

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2011, 09:07:21 PM »
Yea, whaddya expect though? It seems March is always the most fucked up month weather-wise.

BriDen

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »
Hahaha I got lucky as fuck this year, skated comfortably every day of spring break, then this week I'm sore as hell, go back to school and it rains/snows and goes back below freezing.

And pretty soon we'll all be sunburned and suffering from heat stroke.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me? Its march still. You can't put away your winter coat in Chicago until May 1st. Its a known fact. Ask a damn farmer.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2011, 09:16:48 AM »
Are you fucking kidding me? Its march still. You can't put away your winter coat in Chicago until May 1st. Its a known fact. Ask a damn farmer.

sorry, i dont know any farmers

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok, ask a rational person who has lived in chicago for more than 5 years. Winter ain't done till may 1st
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »
How is...what are you...

I'm not following.

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ok, ask a rational person who has lived in chicago for more than 5 years. Winter ain't done till may 1st
I dunno, if it's above 35 I'm fine in a hoodie. If it's March and there's no snow on the ground, it's mothafucking springtime.

BriDen

« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2011, 03:46:08 PM »
Any-fuckin-ways, anybody know about any demos coming up this year? They always seem to slip past me, or I find out the day of.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »
Any-fuckin-ways, anybody know about any demos coming up this year? They always seem to slip past me, or I find out the day of.
i usually check the uprise site, they usually are pretty good about putting shit up about demos at least a week beforehand

and on another note, this isnt anything by any means, but its what i skated today

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »

the art dump has a gallery opening today with old crailtap shit. not a demo, but it should be pretty cool

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2011, 11:31:23 PM »
Hahaha I got lucky as fuck this year, skated comfortably every day of spring break, then this week I'm sore as hell, go back to school and it rains/snows and goes back below freezing.

And pretty soon we'll all be sunburned and suffering from heat stroke.

Haha guess I'm the lucky son of a bitch who gets to have "spring" break this week. I heard we get another week of weather below 35 degrees.

onedimensionalboy

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2011, 12:02:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

muahahaha

as a former chicago resident who recently moved to l.a., i can agree with this

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »
Comin back to Chicago after a week in Boston. I can't wait to get back to skatin the Sheffield banks on all my breaks.

Are those awesome volcano banks in front of the Beemer dealership on Ashland&North a 24/7 bust?

squid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
sick listing of chicago stuff, but don't sleep on hyde park!
Marble ledges and the u of c dorm are probably the best spots.
although, i would be cautious, both of the spots are on the local university campus and security is unpredictable.
me and my friends can skate the marble ledges for hours sometimes and other times be kicked out in 5 minutes for the parking lot next to it.
Also, it would be a nightmare if these ledges got knobbed, and the university is again, unpredictable.
But check them out deffinetly!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
sick listing of chicago stuff, but don't sleep on hyde park!
Marble ledges and the u of c dorm are probably the best spots.
although, i would be cautious, both of the spots are on the local university campus and security is unpredictable.
me and my friends can skate the marble ledges for hours sometimes and other times be kicked out in 5 minutes for the parking lot next to it.
Also, it would be a nightmare if these ledges got knobbed, and the university is again, unpredictable.
But check them out deffinetly!

What marble ledges do you mean? I go to Hyde Park and the only marble ledges I know about are in this plaza with really unlevel tiles and the marble is super soft. It grabs your trucks when you try to lock in.

squid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:09 PM »
well, i dont mind them so much.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
One more time, fuck this 25 degree shit.