Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218996 times)

chillout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
i wish logan was a diy park. it would be so much more fun with just little skater-made stuff then shitty prefab ramps. has chicago ever had a diy spot?
[close]
under the thorndale redline stop theres a jersey barrier, two wallrides and a quarterpipe.?  alot of fun, transition is a little funky though.?  i cant blame them though, i wouldnt have done any better

oh yeah, i forgot about that spot

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #301 on: September 05, 2011, 04:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
going to be in Chicago this weekend.  hoping to hit up Wilson and any other parks if people have recommendations.  more into tranny, pools and such..  don't have much (anything) for ledges, stairs etc..    also if anyone can recommend a good skate shop downtown please let me know.  ready to buy a new deck and wheels and figured i'd give Chicago some love while I'm here.  love that city
[close]

The only skate shop that you really need to care about in Chicago is Uprise: http://upriseskateboards.com/. Great guys. Their address and directions are at the bottom of the site.

Uprise is also throwing this event on Saturday: http://www.upriseskateboards.com/news_detail.cfm?Id=695&BlogCatId=0. It looks awesome, but I'm going to be back in the suburbs, so I don't know if I'll make it there.

thanks for the Uprise tip.  awesome shop.  took my friend there who i'm trying to get back into skating (we're 30 + type of dudes) and helped him pick out a complete.  guys at the shop were really cool.   

i was only able to make it to Wilson 1 day for like 20 minutes (had people with me who don't skate) but it was fun.  hard to adjust to the humidity but i'm sure you get used to it if you live out there

dude at the shop mentioned some DIY spot near wilson.  anyone skated that?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
going to be in Chicago this weekend.?  hoping to hit up Wilson and any other parks if people have recommendations.?  more into tranny, pools and such..?  don't have much (anything) for ledges, stairs etc..?  ?  also if anyone can recommend a good skate shop downtown please let me know.?  ready to buy a new deck and wheels and figured i'd give Chicago some love while I'm here.?  love that city
[close]

The only skate shop that you really need to care about in Chicago is Uprise: http://upriseskateboards.com/. Great guys. Their address and directions are at the bottom of the site.

Uprise is also throwing this event on Saturday: http://www.upriseskateboards.com/news_detail.cfm?Id=695&BlogCatId=0. It looks awesome, but I'm going to be back in the suburbs, so I don't know if I'll make it there.
[close]

thanks for the Uprise tip.?  awesome shop.?  took my friend there who i'm trying to get back into skating (we're 30 + type of dudes) and helped him pick out a complete.?  guys at the shop were really cool.?  ? 

i was only able to make it to Wilson 1 day for like 20 minutes (had people with me who don't skate) but it was fun.?  hard to adjust to the humidity but i'm sure you get used to it if you live out there

dude at the shop mentioned some DIY spot near wilson.?  anyone skated that?
dudwere you the bald guy?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:45 PM »
heheh   yes
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2011, 12:37:13 PM »
Few questions about this spot..

-Address?
-Does this spot have run way?
-Is it a bust?

thanks!

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2011, 03:17:37 PM »
Few questions about this spot..

-Address?
-Does this spot have run way?
-Is it a bust?

thanks!

right across the street from aon center on east randolph. you head towards the lake and go to the park behind monroe gap.
not a huge amount of runway but enough to do the trick.
never a bust in my experience.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:21:51 PM by chillout »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »
hopefully this isnt shameless promotion but me and my friends made a little video. all chicago/suburbs spots. my friend hardflips the gap you asked about. and im tom

http://vimeo.com/28300982

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2011, 12:24:26 AM »
^ hahaha haven't seen some of those spots. Kid shoulda stomped that security guards foot after he threatened him, prolly woulda gotten his board back right away ahhahah.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »
^ hahaha haven't seen some of those spots. Kid shoulda stomped that security guards foot after he threatened him, prolly woulda gotten his board back right away ahhahah.

haha. yeah that would have been a good way. and hes not actually as stupid as he sounds, he had just smoked a shitload

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Expand Quote
i wish logan was a diy park. it would be so much more fun with just little skater-made stuff then shitty prefab ramps. has chicago ever had a diy spot?
[close]
under the thorndale redline stop theres a jersey barrier, two wallrides and a quarterpipe.  alot of fun, transition is a little funky though.  i cant blame them though, i wouldnt have done any better
link a pic, looks sick to skate

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
under the thorndale redline stop theres a jersey barrier, two wallrides and a quarterpipe.?  alot of fun, transition is a little funky though.?  i cant blame them though, i wouldnt have done any better
[close]

There's new stuff built / being built at Thorndale right now. 

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
under the thorndale redline stop theres a jersey barrier, two wallrides and a quarterpipe.??  alot of fun, transition is a little funky though.??  i cant blame them though, i wouldnt have done any better
[close]

[close]

There's new stuff built / being built at Thorndale right now.? 

a ledge perhaps?

rlang

« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
There is a frame for the ledge, not sure if it's getting concrete yet.  You can see some of it here.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »
There is a frame for the ledge, not sure if it's getting concrete yet.  You can see some of it here.

I need an address. Now.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

rlang

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »
Just google the Thorndale stop on the Red line.  It's also an I-go parking lot.  It's rough, and a lot tougher to skate than it looks, although it's been smoothed over some recently  so it's not as bad as it used to be. 

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2011, 05:32:59 AM »
There is a frame for the ledge, not sure if it's getting concrete yet.?  You can see some of it here.

lookin good

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:50 PM »
DBN

rlang

« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
Well, RIP Thorndale el' stop bridge.  Tonight everything was torn down.  Fuckers. 

rlang

« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
SO pissed I didn't make it there before it got smashed. Sucks sucks sucks.

Where are some good crusty bank spots?

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2011, 08:04:28 PM »

son of a bitch, I guess DIY spots get torn down sooner or later though :/

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
fuck, RIP

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
 :'(

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
any other DIYs around illinoise?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »
any other DIYs around illinoise?

one with a bunch of ledges out in dekalb

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2011, 06:11:30 PM »
Ravenwood barrier(i think there's an address somewhere earlier in this thread)? how about the barrier on the corner of Pershing and Normal? Not sure on the status of them though.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
what about little woods is the upledge and all that other stuff there i havent been there in forever
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »
I don't think it's there anymore at least that's what I've been told. I've never actually been there. Was that in or near the town of Cicero? They built a new park or plaza or whatever you wanna call it over there it's pretty fun.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2011, 12:45:25 AM »
somewhat off topic but, are there any any pop punk stations around the area?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2011, 08:22:12 AM »
Ravenwood barrier(i think there's an address somewhere earlier in this thread)? how about the barrier on the corner of Pershing and Normal? Not sure on the status of them though.
yeah, right off of ravenswood and wilson, only skateable on the weekends though because cars are usually parked there