Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218971 times)

The Muffin Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »
Look at his OIAM entry. Dude goes OFF. (Anyone feel like making a spot list of said entry vid?)

Also, this picture is up on Uprise. Where is it?

Coming soon: comprehensive list of Chicago spots WITH PICTURES. All you street soldiers who want to make this list fantastic, I'll need your help.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
Look at his OIAM entry. Dude goes OFF. (Anyone feel like making a spot list of said entry vid?)

Coming soon: comprehensive list of Chicago spots WITH PICTURES. All you street soldiers who want to make this list fantastic, I'll need your help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRHfMbpVlvM&feature=player_embedded

he rips for sure. ill contribute a few.
0:56 is in rockford
1:11 is in dekalb (not worth going to)

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I heard there were two out-ledges like that in IL. One is the Rockford one at Flinn, and the other was in St. Charles by the Coke factory? Or am I completely making up the Coke one?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I heard there were two out-ledges like that in IL. One is the Rockford one at Flinn, and the other was in St. Charles by the Coke factory? Or am I completely making up the Coke one?

the coke ledge is just a really good normal ledge. it doesnt have a stair or anything

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #424 on: January 28, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »
Ahhh very nice.

Btw, to all you wonderful Chicago skaters, think of something you want to skate. Either a skate spot in real life or from a video game or just from your imagination, doesn't matter. But make sure it's realistic!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #425 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
i would like a street hip thats brick
a wallride just like the one at chase bank but like a ten. maybe a little less steep

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #426 on: January 28, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »
a wallride just like the one at chase bank but like a ten. maybe a little less steep
are you talking about at the exelon plaza?

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: January 28, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, Chase = Exelon. There's a banked wall there for wallrides though? Which one? (PS Exelon = best spot in Chicago)

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:11 AM »
I think he's talking about how all the planters have a slight curve to them

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #429 on: January 29, 2012, 09:56:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah, Chase = Exelon. There's a banked wall there for wallrides though? Which one? (PS Exelon = best spot in Chicago)

pretty much all the walls at exelon are wallrideable. they all are slightly banked

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #430 on: January 29, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
I wish i had pop so i could ollie over the rail into wallride^ one of the rails is close enough to do that trick but i dont feel like anyone with pop would wanna do it

relevant to my intrests

• Rep: -58
« Reply #431 on: January 29, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
OIAM NY episodes started up today. There's a kid from Naperville in there. Just thought you should know.
[close]

i was surprised when i saw that. i wouldve thought id atleast heard of him

Joshy boy k is the man he couldnt be more lowkey

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: January 30, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »
If the weather holds out, who's up for a downtown session on Saturday?

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #433 on: January 30, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
Firehole. RIP

I'd like the octogon back.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #434 on: January 30, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
If the weather holds out, who's up for a downtown session on Saturday?

if my mom stops tripping then yes

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #435 on: January 30, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Firehole. RIP

you dont happen to have a picture of that octogon do you? the name makes it sound amazing

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #436 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Firehole. RIP

[close]

you dont happen to have a picture of that octogon do you? the name makes it sound amazing
Ha! Yeah, sounds like a place where you skate until someone dies.
It was a park north of the loop, south of Division in front of the Newberry Library (pretty much go straight west for a few blocks from MCA). There’s also a Catholic church nearby with a 3 up 3 down. It had ledges that escalated from an inch off the ground up to about Art Institute height where they leveled off. From end to end about 10-12 feet long. There were two of these on opposite ends of each other so you could hit them with any combo of fs/ bs/ up/ down or even both in a line. In the center it had a large octagon shaped manual pad, hence the name octagon. The ground was good and it was a public park, tucked away from businesses so you never got the boot. Then the city redid the park, in 1999 I think, and so spot is no longer
There is some footage of it in Jesse Neuhaus’ part in an old local Chicago video, but that’s all I can think off.
Here is the firehole if you fellas are too young to know of it:
Patrick frontside flip at the now gone firehole
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OE2LlxxWrc/SqhwNRJ3t0I/AAAAAAAAFfA/_2n5Nx39MRM/s1600-h/jessseplaygroundchrome.jpg

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #437 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Firehole. RIP

[close]

[close]
Ha! Yeah, sounds like a place where you skate until someone dies.
It was a park north of the loop, south of Division in front of the Newberry Library (pretty much go straight west for a few blocks from MCA). There’s also a Catholic church nearby with a 3 up 3 down. It had ledges that escalated from an inch off the ground up to about Art Institute height where they leveled off. From end to end about 10-12 feet long. There were two of these on opposite ends of each other so you could hit them with any combo of fs/ bs/ up/ down or even both in a line. In the center it had a large octagon shaped manual pad, hence the name octagon. The ground was good and it was a public park, tucked away from businesses so you never got the boot. Then the city redid the park, in 1999 I think, and so spot is no longer
There is some footage of it in Jesse Neuhaus’ part in an old local Chicago video, but that’s all I can think off.
Here is the firehole if you fellas are too young to know of it:
Patrick frontside flip at the now gone firehole
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OE2LlxxWrc/SqhwNRJ3t0I/AAAAAAAAFfA/_2n5Nx39MRM/s1600-h/jessseplaygroundchrome.jpg

sounds really fun

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #438 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
I'm not sure if I'll have time for a Saturday skate session, but if you guys pick a place and time, I'll meet you there if I can. DISCLAIMER: I'm bad enough as it is and haven't skated in like 4 weeks, so try not to laugh at me (or at least do it behind my back).

cbmyles

« Reply #439 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »

Mother of god I want to skate this. Looks so fun. btw I live in Lake County

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: February 01, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
it looks like its supposed to rain on saturday, are you guys down for a Wilson session on sunday?

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #441 on: February 01, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »
I'm not sure if I'll have time for a Saturday skate session, but if you guys pick a place and time, I'll meet you there if I can. DISCLAIMER: I'm bad enough as it is and haven't skated in like 4 weeks, so try not to laugh at me (or at least do it behind my back).

Rule #1 of Chicago Slap Pals - no hating/judging/laughing at others unless something legitimately funny happens.

it looks like its supposed to rain on saturday, are you guys down for a Wilson session on sunday?

We'll make an announcement Saturday and just play it by ear. Wilson on a Sunday sounds like a good alternative.

Miles

• Rep: -1
« Reply #442 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »
Do you guys know if university of chicago and uic are busts because i live in evanston and northwestern is always a bust, so I want to know if its worth going to

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: February 03, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rule #1 of Chicago Slap Pals - no hating/judging/laughing at others unless something legitimately funny happens.

Expand Quote
[close]
it looks as if its only going to be cloudy on saturday, are you guys down for wilson then?
We'll make an announcement Saturday and just play it by ear. Wilson on a Sunday sounds like a good alternative.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
Me and my homie are gonna be on the night sesh tomorrow. If anyone's in the city at the time, we'll be there.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #445 on: February 04, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
Do you guys know if university of chicago and uic are busts because i live in evanston and northwestern is always a bust, so I want to know if its worth going to

I go to U of C and I've never had a problem with UCPD telling me to stop skating. CPD might, but I haven't ran into them while skating.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #446 on: February 06, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #447 on: February 06, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
Damn, back 50 at 2:16 was fucked. I've been wanting to see someone skate that rail.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #448 on: February 08, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
To anyone who watches White Collar, last night there was a shot in front of the Courthouse Drop in NY.

... Yes, I geek about this stuff.

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
« Reply #449 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I go to U of C and I've never had a problem with UCPD telling me to stop skating. CPD might, but I haven't ran into them while skating.
yeah i go to uic too, we should meet up and skate, but yeah not a huge bust factor oddly enough the only place i was told not to skate by cops was by the pavilion and i was just rolling by not even skating anything
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award