Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218957 times)

The Muffin Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2012, 02:08:47 PM »
Some damn good spots in Chity I never knew about.  Might have to post some screens here sometime.

Please do so I can add em to the Chicago Slap Pals spot list!

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Hesh Unicorn

« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
Good weather in chicago? in march? Sessions!

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
can't wait to skate the city this summer. plan on making it down there at least 2-3 times a month. i live about an hour north of chicago and dont have a car so i rarely make it out there

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »
can't wait to skate the city this summer. plan on making it down there at least 2-3 times a month. i live about an hour north of chicago and dont have a car so i rarely make it out there
Metra weekend pass and student fares are your friend.

myles.

• mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2012, 07:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah haha thats what ill be doing more than likely. especially since the metra station is only a hill bomb away from my house

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah haha thats what ill be doing more than likely. especially since the metra station is only a hill bomb away from my house

Dude, where you at? I'm in North Chicago near Waukegan. I'm busy as fuck, but definitely wanna make it downtown a couple times in the next couple months.

myles.

• mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Dude, where you at? I'm in North Chicago near Waukegan. I'm busy as fuck, but definitely wanna make it downtown a couple times in the next couple months.
winthrop harbor. its a little farther north of waukegan.

i might even try and go this saturday if i can get some homies to go
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:00:41 PM by myles. »

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2012, 09:32:51 PM »
I'm in North Chicago near Waukegan.
Seaman?

Winthrop Harbor?! Daaamn! That's a hike.
You could always do what I did and hide in the toilet the whole ride or lay across the luggage racks on the 2nd floor. If you get caught you just pay the fare.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
winthrop harbor. its a little farther north of waukegan.

i might even try and go this saturday if i can get some homies to go

Aw man, I'd be down to skate. I could drive(depending on the spots you plan on going to, parking might be a pain in the ass). I should warn you, all my go-to tricks are gay and I suck these days...

Expand Quote
[close]
Seaman?

Nah, school. It's pretty much surrounded by naval base though.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Seaman?
[close]

Sorry. When I hear North Chicago only 2 things come to mind:
1) Navy
&
2) Sanabels(sp?), ghetto ass liquor that didn't card. Got robbed there 3 times.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Seaman?
[close]

[close]
Sorry. When I hear North Chicago only 2 things come to mind:
1) Navy
&
2) Sanabels(sp?), ghetto ass liquor that didn't card. Got robbed there 3 times.

No worries, the school is pretty small. I prolly should stop wandering around Waukegan at night, huh? Found some cool spots though, haha.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #521 on: March 06, 2012, 11:53:34 PM »
At least not alone. Waukeegan can be sketchy in certain areas but there are parts of North Chicago that should be avoided even in the day. Granted I haven't been up that way in ages but if it's anything like it used to be watch your back.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2012, 12:36:54 AM »
haha thanks, I have a bad sense for "bad" areas to be in. I guess I'm generally lucky or get left alone cuz I dress like I'm homeless.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:40 PM »
i skated the bank to curb by the vienna beef factory today and it was way harder to skate than it looks in video. its like the steepest thing ever. i got broke off but it was still really fun. the banks right next to it under the bridge are pretty fun too

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »
well since the 90s footage from your hometown thread never blew up like i was hoping it would, im not going to let this golden footage go to sleep in the deep depths of the internet.  There's a shit ton of chicago footage in these videos and i think you guys will enjoy it.  You guys are blessed with an amazing looking city.  Hopefully i will be able to skate it with you guys in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpC6s6nTwh0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GckDI8Ysmzs&feature=related
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
i skated the bank to curb by the vienna beef factory today and it was way harder to skate than it looks in video. its like the steepest thing ever. i got broke off but it was still really fun. the banks right next to it under the bridge are pretty fun too
which other ones are you talking about?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #526 on: March 08, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
which other ones are you talking about?

theyre right under the bridge next to vienna beef. you can see them from the bank to curb if you look towards the river. you can either hop the fence or go all the way to the back of the vienna parking lot and just walk right under the bridge

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »
There's a solid chance that I'll be in the city Tuesday night if it stays dry.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
planning on northbrook tomorrow and then wilson/street on wednesday

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #529 on: March 13, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Chicago street sesh tomorrow night. Look for the dude with red Supra Avengers if you're in the loop tomorrow.

I'll be up in the city Friday night as well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:58:07 PM by The Muffin Man »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #530 on: March 16, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
how do you get to wilson from millennium station???

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #531 on: March 16, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »

head north to lake street then go a bit further into the city(turn left on lake st) and find the cta station(you will see the tracks). Get on the red line and take it to wilson. When you get off the train, head down Wilson avenue(?) towards the lake and you should hit it in a couple minutes.

to: lake st cta chicago il

this should give you directions to the station if you google map it. I assumed you were taking public public transportation based on the location, but driving just get on Lakeshore Drive and go north.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #532 on: March 17, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

head north to lake street then go a bit further into the city(turn left on lake st) and find the cta station(you will see the tracks). Get on the red line and take it to wilson. When you get off the train, head down Wilson avenue(?) towards the lake and you should hit it in a couple minutes.

i tototally walked instead of taking the train. it was hell but i had a fun ass sesh

this should give you directions to the station if you google map it. I assumed you were taking public public transportation based on the location, but driving just get on Lakeshore Drive and go north.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #533 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i tototally walked instead of taking the train. it was hell but i had a fun ass sesh

[close]

Haha o shit. Did you just skate along the bike path by the lake or something? I've skated there from UIC, some of the streets along the way were absolute shit.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
does anyone have any decent bank spots they're willing to share?   i'm in dire need of a good bank thats not the shefflield banks

Theres a nice bank here

1394 s clark - Google Maps

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
Just saw that this is coming out. Wish I could go to the premier. I've been reading about this being in the works for years now and was wondering if it would ever come out.
http://www.thebrotherhoodchicago.com/

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #536 on: April 10, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
So I see that the new street plaza (is it new?) is pretty much right near one of the most infamous neighbohoods in Chicago.  Although I think it's a decent couple of blocks from it.  Is it worth checking out?

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #537 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
So I see that the new street plaza (is it new?) is pretty much right near one of the most infamous neighbohoods in Chicago.  Although I think it's a decent couple of blocks from it.  Is it worth checking out?

The one in Cicero? If you go, watch your stuff. If you like ledges its cool also has a super fun bank to ledge. I think more stuff got put in since I've been there last. If its not the same one you're talking about, just disregard this message.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
So I see that the new street plaza (is it new?) is pretty much right near one of the most infamous neighbohoods in Chicago.?  Although I think it's a decent couple of blocks from it.?  Is it worth checking out?
[close]

The one in Cicero? If you go, watch your stuff. If you like ledges its cool also has a super fun bank to ledge. I think more stuff got put in since I've been there last. If its not the same one you're talking about, just disregard this message.
little village?  i didn't really have any problems there.  I wouldn't be stay after dark though. 

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #539 on: April 11, 2012, 06:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I see that the new street plaza (is it new?) is pretty much right near one of the most infamous neighbohoods in Chicago.??  Although I think it's a decent couple of blocks from it.??  Is it worth checking out?
[close]

[close]
little village??  i didn't really have any problems there.?  I wouldn't be stay after dark though.? 

Ya little village.  I just read some shit recently about K-town, but that's in North Lawndale anyway not Cicero.  I want to check it out sometime.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:49:42 AM by chockfullofthat »