Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218938 times)

The Muffin Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2012, 08:56:44 PM »
So what is the actual story with SR trying to get a park built at Grant Park?

A new organization with the sole intent of making Chicago better for skaters by providing them with more places to skate that are of higher quality. SR is a possible candidate for the renovation of the Grant Park Plaza. This was a first draft of a sample design for the space.

More official news on the organization coming soon. Like the Girl/Chocolate video, but with less slow-motion.

https://vimeo.com/32240946

is 1:48 in elk grove?

That'd be pretty sick if it was. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone get hyped when they're at a spot that was in a video?

*Looked at the back of the cop car. It's definitely Elk Grove, but I'm not sure if that's for EGV or Elk Grove, CA.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:58:20 PM by The Muffin Man »

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #601 on: June 21, 2012, 07:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A new organization with the sole intent of making Chicago better for skaters by providing them with more places to skate that are of higher quality. SR is a possible candidate for the renovation of the Grant Park Plaza. This was a first draft of a sample design for the space.

More official news on the organization coming soon. Like the Girl/Chocolate video, but with less slow-motion.

Expand Quote
I don't think it's elk grove, Illinois, last time they were here Elijah's head wasn't shaved.

[close]

That'd be pretty sick if it was. Can anyone confirm this? Also, does anyone get hyped when they're at a spot that was in a video?

*Looked at the back of the cop car. It's definitely Elk Grove, but I'm not sure if that's for EGV or Elk Grove, CA.
EDIT
I just realized I quoted this without saying anything.  I'm pretty sure it's elk grove, ca, because when they were in town elijah's head wasn't shaved. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:00:03 PM by Gnarwhal »

jon schmoldt

• Rep: -32
« Reply #602 on: July 09, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
That Green Rail is in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, it is at a church and is now knobbed.  The Priest lives in the building right above the rails and flips a nut when people skate it. Steve Perez's boardslide for the chocolate ad is the same spot and is nuts

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I don't think it's elk grove, Illinois, last time they were here Elijah's head wasn't shaved.

[close]

[close]
EDIT
I just realized I quoted this without saying anything.  I'm pretty sure it's elk grove, ca, because when they were in town elijah's head wasn't shaved. 

jon schmoldt

• Rep: -32
« Reply #603 on: July 09, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #604 on: July 09, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »

damn. thanks for the info. im hyped that it actually is elk grove il, but bummed that its knobbed

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: July 10, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
A
Expand Quote
[close]

damn. thanks for the info. im hyped that it actually is elk grove il, but bummed that its knobbed

Jw, does anyone get really hyped when they see a spot in a vid that's local and are just like "I KNOW WHERE THAT IS. I SKATED THAT LAST WEEK."?

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #606 on: July 11, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #607 on: July 11, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
that looked so fun. if i wasnt horrible at skating banks i would have to try this myself

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #608 on: July 12, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »
Not such a good video, but love that they are out doing it.

http://chicagoist.com/2012/07/11/heres_another_reason_to_hate_skateb.php
http://vimeo.com/45395118#

I can't believe a fat, smelly prick could talk shit on this video.... O wait, yes I can.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #609 on: July 12, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can't believe a fat, smelly prick could talk shit on this video.... O wait, yes I can.
Are you referring to me, or the author of the article?

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #610 on: July 12, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Are you referring to me, or the author of the article?

Sorry, meant the author.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #611 on: July 13, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
lol...got a little uncomfortable in here for a second.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: July 13, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
lol...got a little uncomfortable in here for a second.

Yeahhh, I was like "Infighting in the Chicago thread? Really guys (and papasmurfdog)?" Glad to see we're all friends again!

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #613 on: July 13, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
I was just going to tell him that I wasn't fat.

Do you guys know how awesome the Davenport, IA park is?  It really fucking rules.  24 hour stadium lights.  Drive, skate from 11=3 am, smile all the way home. 

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »

Do you guys know how awesome the Davenport, IA park is?  It really fucking rules.  24 hour stadium lights.  Drive, skate from 11=3 am, smile all the way home. 

Just looked that park up. Wayyy too sick. That looks like some Portland/Pacific NW shit.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #615 on: July 14, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
Expand Quote
so i'm moving to chicago the 1st, haven't been on my board for some time, and have a full time job. what does a dude do to get it together again?
[close]

Where are you moving from/moving to?

I just came up from Florida like a month or so ago, Philly for a long time before that. Was down in the middle of nowhere taking care of my dad for the longest two years of my fucking life. I live with some bags of shit in Wicker Park but it's an alright spot. I've been down the road to uprise once or twice and just been pushing around the streets here and there. I'm 30 and haven't done any serious skating in like 3 years.

It pains me to say, but I'm nervous as fuck about getting back into it. I can't even comfortably push anymore.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: July 14, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
^^ Go to Northbrook in the morning. Super mellow and fun, and going before noon = empty.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #617 on: July 16, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »
Anybody have an address of the brink banks in Evanston (similiar to Sherridan Banks) right by the lake, or a google map?  I forget.  Gracias.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #618 on: July 16, 2012, 01:57:25 PM »

Do you guys know how awesome the Davenport, IA park is??  It really fucking rules.?  24 hour stadium lights.?  Drive, skate from 11=3 am, smile all the way home.? 

Sure do.  Been there twice.  So much fucking fun.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #619 on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »
Probably going to check out Northbrook tomorrow, if any of you other old pieces of shit are interested.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: July 16, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
Anybody have an address of the brink banks in Evanston (similiar to Sherridan Banks) right by the lake, or a google map?  I forget.  Gracias.

If you find them, let me know. I need places to skate during school.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »
Probably going to check out Northbrook tomorrow, if any of you other old pieces of shit are interested.

I would be down for weekends, like friday, saturday and sunday(except this weekend). If you plan on going really early in the morning, I would be down, but I have to be at work around 10 and it could take like 40 minutes to get there from the park.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would be down for weekends, like friday, saturday and sunday(except this weekend). If you plan on going really early in the morning, I would be down, but I have to be at work around 10 and it could take like 40 minutes to get there from the park.

Yeah I'm down for next friday. I wake up early whether I have to or not so early's fine for me.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I'm down for next friday. I wake up early whether I have to or not so early's fine for me.

Sounds good, I'll probably be fumbling my way in around 9 depending on traffic

shit_for_brains

« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
What's Wilson like in the early hours? Thinking about going over there either before or after the weekend.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »
What's Wilson like in the early hours? Thinking about going over there either before or after the weekend.

I've gone there during the school year with my buddy and skated from about 8 to 10:15. Nothing except a mother who brought her 6 year old to roll around for like, 10 minutes.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
I plan to attend college next year in Chicago. And skate that gnarly very wall by the bay.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »

weekdays its empty till around 11. weekends you might get a few people but no more than 10 people before 11

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »
I plan to attend college next year in Chicago. And skate that gnarly very wall by the bay.

It's harder to skate than you think. Where are you planning on going?

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's harder to skate than you think. Where are you planning on going?

I was thinking about Columbia College Chicago, know anything about it?