Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218990 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I plan to attend college next year in Chicago. And skate that gnarly very wall by the bay.
[close]

It's harder to skate than you think. Where are you planning on going?
[close]

I was thinking about Columbia College Chicago, know anything about it?

Lot's of chicks.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I plan to attend college next year in Chicago. And skate that gnarly very wall by the bay.
[close]

[close]

I can't say I know much of substance, but a couple of really rudimentary things I know about your school are:

- The school is in the Loop (when you think of Chicago, you're probably thinking of the Loop), which is the most popular area to skate street in the city, especially at night. Chicago sleeps at night, which is great for skating. It's also the most popular tourist area.

- Assuming my idea of the location is correct, the buildings look sweet! It's not every day that your school is part of the Chicago skyline.

- There's some kind of collaboration between Second City (a super-famous theater in Chicago - Tina Fey, Steve Carrell, the Belushis, Stephen Colbert are all alums of the place) and Columbia for a "Comedy Studies" program. I'm not sure how long it is or what it consists of, but it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun and a great experience.

Good luck with college admissions!

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I can't say I know much of substance, but a couple of really rudimentary things I know about your school are:

- The school is in the Loop (when you think of Chicago, you're probably thinking of the Loop), which is the most popular area to skate street in the city, especially at night. Chicago sleeps at night, which is great for skating. It's also the most popular tourist area.

- Assuming my idea of the location is correct, the buildings look sweet! It's not every day that your school is part of the Chicago skyline.

- There's some kind of collaboration between Second City (a super-famous theater in Chicago - Tina Fey, Steve Carrell, the Belushis, Stephen Colbert are all alums of the place) and Columbia for a "Comedy Studies" program. I'm not sure how long it is or what it consists of, but it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun and a great experience.

Good luck with college admissions!

I am a senior in highschool this fall. So I have sme time to decide. I live in Pennsylvania, about an hour away from Pittsburgh.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
Get stoked, this is awesome. Also, anyone know where the bank spot at 1:50 is?

REAL Skateboards Pushing Skateboarding Since Day One - Chicago

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »
I used to attend. Pretty much anyone can get in so admissions shouldn't be a concern. That's a double edge sword because you get a lot of losers who couldn't get in anywhere else and don't try, so you end up with some jaded teachers as result.
Also there is a great spot (3 up 3 down) right across Michigan Ave from the main building.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I used to attend. Pretty much anyone can get in so admissions shouldn't be a concern. That's a double edge sword because you get a lot of losers who couldn't get in anywhere else and don't try, so you end up with some jaded teachers as result.
Also there is a great spot (3 up 3 down) right across Michigan Ave from the main building.

Naked chick spot! So fun!
What are you going to school for? Have you considered any other Chicago schools, like UIC or Depaul?

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
Yeah, love that spot. Used to hit it on my break all the time.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #637 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »

Yeah, it's on / under Lasalle street right on the north side of the river.  You drive down there right in the middle of the street (Lasalle and Kinzie), it's where you see them skating down right before.  That bank is steep as fuck and really hard to skate.  They make it look easy, but I assure you it's not.   

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

What are you going to school for? Have you considered any other Chicago schools, like UIC or Depaul?

I have not looked into any other schools in Chicago really. I would go for Photography.
I've been told that's a bad choice because I wouldn't geta job or whatever.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »

holy shit that was awesome.  skating and destroying all the best chicago spots.  just saying that chicago is meant to be viewed in SD or for the very least that video.  i cringe everytime i see a "REAL" skate video of the guys skating the gnarliest street spots in some bouncy ass crystal clear widescreen camera that just takes all the "real"ness away

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, it's on / under Lasalle street right on the north side of the river.  You drive down there right in the middle of the street (Lasalle and Kinzie), it's where you see them skating down right before.  That bank is steep as fuck and really hard to skate.  They make it look easy, but I assure you it's not.   

Thanks a lot! steep banks can still be fun to slam into and do stupid side rocks and stuff. Guess I'll see for myself one of these days.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #641 on: July 21, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
Chillout and I will be skating the city tomorrow. Feel free to try to find us.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #642 on: July 25, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Probably going to check out Northbrook tomorrow, if any of you other old pieces of shit are interested.
[close]

I would be down for weekends, like friday, saturday and sunday(except this weekend). If you plan on going really early in the morning, I would be down, but I have to be at work around 10 and it could take like 40 minutes to get there from the park.

I found out today that I have a meeting Friday at 1pm, so I can't do Friday because with the commute and all I'd never have time for both. Saturday or Sunday?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #643 on: July 25, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I have not looked into any other schools in Chicago really. I would go for Photography.
I've been told that's a bad choice because I wouldn't geta job or whatever.

look into depaul. i go there now. besides price, its pretty much the perfect school. amazing location

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #644 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Probably going to check out Northbrook tomorrow, if any of you other old pieces of shit are interested.
[close]

I would be down for weekends, like friday, saturday and sunday(except this weekend). If you plan on going really early in the morning, I would be down, but I have to be at work around 10 and it could take like 40 minutes to get there from the park.
[close]

I found out today that I have a meeting Friday at 1pm, so I can't do Friday because with the commute and all I'd never have time for both. Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday should work just fine. I'll probably be there around 9 once again. I'll more than likely be the guy in a plain black t shirt and blue jeans(I say more than likely because I don't plan what I wear, but wear just about the same thing all the time).

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2012, 11:33:27 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #646 on: July 27, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Saturday should work just fine. I'll probably be there around 9 once again. I'll more than likely be the guy in a plain black t shirt and blue jeans(I say more than likely because I don't plan what I wear, but wear just about the same thing all the time).

I'll be the guy with hand and neck tattoos. Probably the only one.

jon schmoldt

• Rep: -32
« Reply #647 on: August 03, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #648 on: August 03, 2012, 04:35:57 PM »
^ which park is that?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #649 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:25 PM »

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #650 on: August 06, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
Mount Prospect on Euclid.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #651 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:21 PM »
FA
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »
Damn. Way too far. Like 6 buses and an hour and a half. Nope.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #653 on: August 08, 2012, 02:46:52 AM »
hmu if you down to shred logan or 31st
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

brianwilson

• Flickr avatar image
« Reply #654 on: August 08, 2012, 10:44:45 PM »
What's the best or closest shop near the loop downtown?

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #655 on: August 08, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »

BigMoe

« Reply #656 on: August 20, 2012, 10:14:37 PM »
I'll be in Chicago this Friday through Monday, take me skateboarding. I also like beer, pizza, and cool boobs.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »
I'll be in Chicago this Friday through Monday, take me skateboarding. I also like beer, pizza, and cool boobs.

Ok where do I meet you and how will you get me the 200 dollars?

BigMoe

« Reply #658 on: August 21, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok where do I meet you and how will you get me the 200 dollars?

I'm actually a prince from a wealthy Nigerian diamond mining family, I need your bank account and social security number to deposit the money so we can both be rich from the millions in my (our) inheritance. This is very real and a very rare opportunity.

If that doesn't suit you, I'll buy you a beer in accordance for showing me Chicago's finest curbs.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #659 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
i could probably show you around saturday.