Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218977 times)

The Muffin Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #690 on: December 20, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
Things of note:

- Chity is getting released part by part on Youtube.

- Did anyone grab an All City Showdown DVD? Worth the $5?

- I'm gonna start my own version of Rat Race. No prize, more just a list of things to do while skating in the city:

- Go to Picasso with the intent of skating, but buy something from Christkindlmart because it smells THAT FUCKING GOOD
          - Get something at the Copernicus ledge; an artsy photo with the skyline in the background gets extra points.
          - Skate a parking garage. Might I suggest the one that's by the prison where the guy escaped? The roof has some pretty difficult bank to walls.
          - Skate the bump to planter under the L tracks.
          - Get a coffee. You know you want to.
          - Get a line at Aon involving the 3-stair.
          - Bomb Michigan Ave. You might need to come here later to get it.
          - Slappy the W ledge.
          - Get something to eat at Portillo's.

Any additions are welcome!

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #691 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »
Things of note:

- Chity is getting released part by part on Youtube.

- I'm gonna start my own version of Rat Race. No prize, more just a list of things to do while skating in the city:

?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Go to Picasso with the intent of skating, but buy something from Christkindlmart because it smells THAT FUCKING GOOD
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Get something at the Copernicus ledge; an artsy photo with the skyline in the background gets extra points.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Skate a parking garage. Might I suggest the one that's by the prison where the guy escaped? The roof has some pretty difficult bank to walls.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Skate the bump to planter under the L tracks.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Get a coffee. You know you want to.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Get a line at Aon involving the 3-stair.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Bomb Michigan Ave. You might need to come here later to get it.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Slappy the W ledge.
?  ?  ?  ?  ?  - Get something to eat at Portillo's.

Any additions are welcome!

i dont have fun unless there are prizes envolved.

and that shit doesnt bomb. rough ground and barely any hill.

you know how i feel about my beef with sweet peppers  ;)

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #692 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »

-Is this only available at Uprise? I really want to see this but they don't ship international.

-Best be an Italian beef with baked mozzarella

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #693 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

-Is this only available at Uprise? I really want to see this but they don't ship international.

Oh hell nah.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #694 on: December 20, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh hell nah.
Are you serious?!
I used to work at of them Vienna Beef joints and made that shit everyday for lunch.
Drown it in juice, pack it with peppers, heap cheese on it, and throw that shit in the toaster. Best thing ever but hell on the colon.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #695 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »
I have never heard of anyone putting cheese on an Italian beef. But it does sound good.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #696 on: December 20, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
I have never heard of anyone putting cheese on an Italian beef. But it does sound good.

this is new to me too, but fuck if im not gonna try it now

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #697 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »
It's definetly popular, especially when you go to a pizza/hot dog place like Rosati's.  I prefer my beef with meet only and sauce on the side.

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #698 on: December 21, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is new to me too, but fuck if im not gonna try it now

you fucks have never been to zippys?? home of the cheeeeezzzy beef.

even fucking portillos has a beef and chedder croissant, probably one of their more popular items. look at the menus and step your food game up.
grom n proud

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #699 on: December 21, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's definitely worth the money, probably over 45 minutes long. The shop i entered the contest with has it online for $10 (we had to buy our shop copies for 5 from uprise).

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=63&PID=15723

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #700 on: December 26, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's definitely worth the money, probably over 45 minutes long. The shop i entered the contest with has it online for $10 (we had to buy our shop copies for 5 from uprise).

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=63&PID=15723
Good looks

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #701 on: December 26, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
Chicago sucks for skating, for a big city there's not that many spots, especially when compared to other big cities. BTW if you skate the seawall, it would be very wise to bring a friend or two or ten, but it probably won't help.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #702 on: December 27, 2012, 06:25:27 AM »
Chicago sucks for skating, for a big city there's not that many spots, especially when compared to other big cities. BTW if you skate the seawall, it would be very wise to bring a friend or two or ten, but it probably won't help.

....right

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2012, 06:28:41 AM »

the fuck? i mean if all you skate is the seawall and south loop your probably not gonna have that much fun, but the city is filled with spots. ive been living here for years and i still find sick new stuff. our spots just arent blown out like the spots you see every week in new york videos

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

Fuck outta here.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
I've been living in illinois my entire life and I've been skating for 10 years, and every time I go to chicago to skate, I'm bummed I didn't go somewhere else. I really like the skateparks in that area though.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #706 on: December 27, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
lol.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #707 on: December 27, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
I've been living in illinois my entire life and I've been skating for 10 years, and every time I go to chicago to skate, I'm bummed I didn't go somewhere else. I really like the skateparks in that area though.
This is some funny shit.
I thought you were just stirring shit up with your first post, but you are genuinely mad and felt compelled to share it here.
If you don't like it don't go. Stick to the skate park, you'll be nice and safe there.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #708 on: December 27, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
That's a lot of people looking out for you to skate sea wall...

When I lived in the city I would skate around for an entire day an find nothing little to nothing, but other times found pure gold. You just need to know where to look or get creative on stupid stuff.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #709 on: December 27, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »
Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtYSCU-89Cc

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »
Chity: G - Side

http://www.youtube.com/user/chityskate

This is important. Time for the biggest spot check session EVER. Also, my list of Chicago spots does exist. Coming soon.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »

Try just cruising around for in Roseland/West Pulman area.  There's perfect spots everywhere and the later in the night you go the less of a bust it is.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »
I'm coming out there in a couple of weeks to chill with my friend amanda, she skates and knows of some indoor ramps, and spots. lets link up pals.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #713 on: December 28, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »
I'm coming out there in a couple of weeks to chill with my friend amanda, she skates and knows of some indoor ramps, and spots. lets link up pals.

I'm down.  Which area are you going to be in?  I'll be gone the weekend of Jan 25th tho.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #714 on: January 03, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UoJbPxJRdCQ#!

Spot check 1:03? I've seen a lot of footage of this place lately, and yet have no idea where it is (the multi-level ledge/stair/whatever spot)

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #715 on: January 03, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »
Right down the street from Wilson, the Walt Disney Magnet School, there's a pretty famous rail out front too. Pretty fun spot. Try not to go there on school days. They haven't ever kicked me out, but have told me to come back when school's out.

Address: 4140 North Marine Drive, Chicago
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:05:24 PM by papasmurfsdog »

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #716 on: January 03, 2013, 09:21:18 PM »
Right down the street from Wilson, the Walt Disney Magnet School, there's a pretty famous rail out front too. Pretty fun spot. Try not to go there on school days. They haven't ever kicked me out, but have told me to come back when school's out.

Oh damn, that's Disney? I've never been, but I've heard of it. I know the rail you're talking about too. What else is there? Is it a destination spot, or more of a passing-through spot?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #717 on: January 03, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh damn, that's Disney? I've never been, but I've heard of it. I know the rail you're talking about too. What else is there? Is it a destination spot, or more of a passing-through spot?

just the stair area and the big rail. pretty boring. you definately have to work to have fun. you need a little extra creativity

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #718 on: January 04, 2013, 06:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's mainly a spot I would go to before or after Wilson.  It's a unique spot and there are a lot of ways to get creative there, but skating it in certain directions can be a hassle because it's a bit cramped in places.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #719 on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's mainly a spot I would go to before or after Wilson.  It's a unique spot and there are a lot of ways to get creative there, but skating it in certain directions can be a hassle because it's a bit cramped in places.

Of course, with creative, I'm assuming a certain amount of skill needs to accompany that... Disney is off the list.