Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218978 times)

papasmurfsdog

Re: Chicago.
« Reply #840 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it was a rail. Ya I showed my friend that episode of the tour and he goes to NU, he was stoked today when he saw them skate a rail right by his apartment and other stuff at NU
[close]

Who's your friend? I know a lot of people there, and the skate community is pretty small.

Expand Quote
i will be forever grateful to whoever tells me where that white ledge spot by the lake is
[close]
[close]
He can ride around and ollie pretty high (and crooked) but he's not really a skater; Ray. I actually plan on going there Wednesday and Thurs; gonna try to sesh some spots.

If that dude has a little brother called(or just used to be called) Icky, that would be a crazy coincidence.

EPetrov

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #841 on: July 03, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »
No icky. You wanna skate ? im in evanston today 6302056350
EDIT: just skated around campus: ollied up stairs, firecrackered, and did a small gap
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:58:42 PM by EPetrov »

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #842 on: July 03, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
Ah, yea I skated with a guy named Ray a couple times a long time ago. I lived like an hour away from there and it wouldn't be too crazy if he went to school there. It was the only Ray I knew other than my uncle haha. Hope you had fun, place has a few gems.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #843 on: July 14, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
No icky. You wanna skate ? im in evanston today 6302056350
EDIT: just skated around campus: ollied up stairs, firecrackered, and did a small gap

Which gap? There's a hidden flat gap at the north side of the pond.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

EPetrov

« Reply #844 on: July 15, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »
hop on top of concrete benches then ollie like 3 foot gap its small but tough to get speed cuz the benches are probably 10 inchs wide

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #845 on: July 16, 2013, 08:52:46 AM »
hop on top of concrete benches then ollie like 3 foot gap its small but tough to get speed cuz the benches are probably 10 inchs wide

Where was it? I can't even picture where that is. Which is sad, given how many times I've skated NU.

EPetrov

« Reply #846 on: July 16, 2013, 11:06:45 AM »
skate NU
IDK exactly

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: July 16, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
skate NU
IDK exactly

Ah, but I do! Thanks for letting me know about that spot!

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #848 on: July 16, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »
Hahahahahahaha.  Fuck all of you.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #849 on: July 16, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Never got to skate that.  :'(

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #850 on: July 16, 2013, 07:43:45 PM »
Hahahahahahaha.?  Fuck all of you.

one less reason for my friends to make me drive to rockford haha

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #851 on: July 16, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
Sorry Chock, I'd have taken you there.

Chillout, is there another reason?  surely the remaining spots aren't worth the drive are they? I hope you have the type of friends that pitch in for gas.

May head to Lake Geneva tomorrow night.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #852 on: July 16, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »

Chillout, is there another reason??  surely the remaining spots aren't worth the drive are they? I hope you have the type of friends that pitch in for gas.

theres still a couple spots, but even with flinn i never thought rockford was worth the drive haha

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #853 on: July 16, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
Never got to skate that.  :'(

I feel your pain.

Expand Quote

Chillout, is there another reason??  surely the remaining spots aren't worth the drive are they? I hope you have the type of friends that pitch in for gas.

[close]

theres still a couple spots, but even with flinn i never thought rockford was worth the drive haha

What's a rockford?

utuk xul

• Rep: 1
« Reply #854 on: July 18, 2013, 02:01:12 AM »
Hi pals, I'm arriving to Chicago from Peru tomorrow for a month, it's my second time coming to Chi-town ,but I skated only that park under a bridge at Logan and Wilson  park,it would be awesome if anyone could show me some street spots , I'm living around wicker park
live fast die fast dont worry about the crash

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:35 AM »
Hi pals, I'm arriving to Chicago from Peru tomorrow for a month, it's my second time coming to Chi-town ,but I skated only that park under a bridge at Logan and Wilson?  park,it would be awesome if anyone could show me some street spots , I'm living around wicker park

How long will you be staying here?  I might be able to show you around Saturday evening.  I accept beer as payment for tour guide services.  If not I can PM you a map.

utuk xul

« Reply #856 on: July 18, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi pals, I'm arriving to Chicago from Peru tomorrow for a month, it's my second time coming to Chi-town ,but I skated only that park under a bridge at Logan and Wilson??  park,it would be awesome if anyone could show me some street spots , I'm living around wicker park
[close]

How long will you be staying here??  I might be able to show you around Saturday evening.?  I accept beer as payment for tour guide services.?  If not I can PM you a map.

I'm staying in Chicago for a month, Saturday evening is good! , and that way of payment sounds just perfect  ;D

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: July 18, 2013, 01:54:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi pals, I'm arriving to Chicago from Peru tomorrow for a month, it's my second time coming to Chi-town ,but I skated only that park under a bridge at Logan and Wilson???  park,it would be awesome if anyone could show me some street spots , I'm living around wicker park
[close]

How long will you be staying here???  I might be able to show you around Saturday evening.??  I accept beer as payment for tour guide services.??  If not I can PM you a map.
[close]

I'm staying in Chicago for a month, Saturday evening is good! , and that way of payment sounds just perfect?  ;D

Hmmm...well I can't guarantee that I can show you around this Saturday but PM me your cell.  I'll try to escape the girlfriend for a few hours.

Miles

• Rep: -1
« Reply #858 on: July 18, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
Does anyone know any good bank/transition spots?  I've seen a bunch in some local videos, but I have no idea where they are.  Any spots are appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance!

FancyHerling

« Reply #859 on: July 19, 2013, 09:05:17 PM »
Washington and flinn gone, no reason to go to rockford!  And to miles go to fancy banks on the southside, everyone else does! its the diy spot.

EPetrov

« Reply #860 on: July 19, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »
Does anyone know any good bank/transition spots?  I've seen a bunch in some local videos, but I have no idea where they are.  Any spots are appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance!
ya its in desplaines by ohare. its a steep bank you wallride up and can grind the top.

EPetrov

« Reply #861 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
also to the dude from peru , I can show you some spots downtown.
I'll accept same payment as mentioned.lol

ps, got this from slamming on the rough ground on the way to wilson, like 30 feet away, the otherday  :'(
bruised hips dont lie

utuk xul

« Reply #862 on: July 20, 2013, 12:05:04 AM »
Alright awesome! I arrived today to Chicago, I need to get a cellphone tomorrow and I'll hit you up !
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hi pals, I'm arriving to Chicago from Peru tomorrow for a month, it's my second time coming to Chi-town ,but I skated only that park under a bridge at Logan and Wilson????  park,it would be awesome if anyone could show me some street spots , I'm living around wicker park
[close]

How long will you be staying here????  I might be able to show you around Saturday evening.???  I accept beer as payment for tour guide services.???  If not I can PM you a map.
[close]

I'm staying in Chicago for a month, Saturday evening is good! , and that way of payment sounds just perfect??  ;D
[close]

Hmmm...well I can't guarantee that I can show you around this Saturday but PM me your cell.?  I'll try to escape the girlfriend for a few hours.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #863 on: July 25, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
Skated Villa Park yesterday. The bowl is super fun, get there.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #864 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
also to the dude from peru , I can show you some spots downtown.
I'll accept same payment as mentioned.lol

ps, got this from slamming on the rough ground on the way to wilson, like 30 feet away, the otherday?  :'(
bruised hips dont lie

damn, i feel your pain. cant tell you how many times ive showed up at wilson with bloody palms and elbows from dumb shit on the way there

EPetrov

« Reply #865 on: August 03, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
after 2 seshes, my LE board has pressure cracks  ;) :)

on an unrelated note, I need skate friends
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 06:04:21 PM by EPetrov »

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #866 on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:29 AM »
The bowl at Villa Park is incredibly fun. If you haven't been, make it your business to go. Chillout, Monday at VP or NB?

EPetrov

« Reply #867 on: August 13, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »
couldnt skate my favorite spot last night (veterans memorial/riverwalk ) because it was a set for a tv a show called betrayal.  >:(
that was the second time I ran into a film scene. Early in the summer I ran into them filming for jupiter ascending.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:31:37 AM by EPetrov »

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
couldnt skate my favorite spot last night (veterans memorial/riverwalk ) because it was a set for a tv a show called betrayal.  >:(
that was the second time I ran into a film scene. Early in the summer I ran into them filming for jupiter ascending.

Should've got a trick in the background just to rep for Slap.

EPetrov

« Reply #869 on: August 14, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »
haha they had the crew protecting the perimeter. Plus both times I ran into a set there was really no filming happening just a bunch wandering around and really nothing.