Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 218966 times)

The Muffin Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #870 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »
haha they had the crew protecting the perimeter. Plus both times I ran into a set there was really no filming happening just a bunch wandering around and really nothing.

Welcome to acting.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #871 on: September 09, 2013, 07:03:29 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/TheFlatsatISU?v=app_126231547426086

There's a contest at my college. The clubs with the most votes gets a cash prize. We haven't discussed what were gonna do with it yet but skate trip would be fun. We also throw charity event called skate for soles. So if you like to help others with no personal benefit the please vote if not then carry on.
We are skate ilstu

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #872 on: September 09, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
ill be in chicago the 12th-15th and 20th-23rd. going to detroit between then.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #873 on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:52 PM »
Dang, I'm pretty sure I live near you, but I have tests the week of the 15th and the 20th weekend I'm goin to Rockford. Maybe next time, have fun while you're in town.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #874 on: September 10, 2013, 05:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dang, I'm pretty sure I live near you, but I have tests the week of the 15th and the 20th weekend I'm goin to Rockford. Maybe next time, have fun while you're in town.

do i know you? (sorry haha)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #875 on: September 10, 2013, 06:44:45 AM »
Meet up and shred saturday?

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #876 on: September 10, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hahaha, no, judging from your videos posted on here i think I've seen you at northbrook skatepark and maybe at FA skate shop. Might just look similar though haha.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #877 on: September 10, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
Ok, let's see if SLAP can help out here: This weekend is the All City Showdown, and I'm skating with two guys coming up from NOLA, so I imagine they're going to be looking at me to have all the spots lined up.  One of the guys is pretty "tranny oriented" so I'm trying to come up with all of the Jersey barrier / diy transitions / bank spots within 15 minutes or so of the city.  I know of a couple, but I'm kind of drawing a blank.  I've been skating ledges and benches all summer it seems like...  What do you guys got?   Thanks! 

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #878 on: September 10, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »
Ok, let's see if SLAP can help out here: This weekend is the All City Showdown, and I'm skating with two guys coming up from NOLA, so I imagine they're going to be looking at me to have all the spots lined up.  One of the guys is pretty "tranny oriented" so I'm trying to come up with all of the Jersey barrier / diy transitions / bank spots within 15 minutes or so of the city.  I know of a couple, but I'm kind of drawing a blank.  I've been skating ledges and benches all summer it seems like...  What do you guys got?   Thanks! 

Just take em to Northbrook after the fact. I know there's a jersey barrier with transition somewhere (saw it in Chity), but no idea where it is.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #879 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

hahaha, no, judging from your videos posted on here i think I've seen you at northbrook skatepark and maybe at FA skate shop. Might just look similar though haha.

ohhh ok haha. i thought you were someone i knew from there and i just didnt know your username on here haha. yeah i used to live in lake zurich (not sure if you know where that is), so i was at northbrook and fa pretty often.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #880 on: September 10, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Meet up and shred saturday?

yeah im down. im going to a show at 8, but before that im free. not sure where ill be skating.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #881 on: September 10, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »

benz banks (but that will probably be a bust since its mid day), sheffield banks, oscar meyer banks, theres a barrier somewhere on ogden (the one marfa shot photos of jer at. he could tell you where its at), uh...cant think of anything else right now. dont know if anything new has been made. oak lawn? dont think that would count though since its not in chicago. still something to take him to another time. you could bring him to wilson for a few tricks too. oh and villa park if you have free time too.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #882 on: September 10, 2013, 03:49:14 PM »

Go to the corner of Pershing and normal (its on the south side) and head south til you see this.

This other one is in Oak Lawn(It's not within 15 minutes of the city but its not super far). The address is roughly 5539 West 109th Street. Go between the brown Allstate building and the red one and you'll find what's at 1:03 and 1:22.

doug and kevin

If you want to know where the thing at 1:11 is, it's at the mercedes benz dealership at like 1520 West North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60642.

This other one is in chicago ridge it's called harlem bridge, it's the first spot in that video: 9513 Frontage Road, chicago ridge il nd it's right under harlem ave.

UIC has a bank, you can go to Taylor and halsted. I just drew out where to go in paint haha

Let me know if you wanna know where other stuff is in that video, a couple things aren't in chicago, but most are.  Have fun.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #883 on: September 10, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »
yay tall doug

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #884 on: September 10, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »

rlang

« Reply #885 on: September 10, 2013, 09:29:50 PM »
Thanks PSD! I like the Harlem Bridge spot, never skated that one.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #886 on: September 10, 2013, 09:47:56 PM »
No problem, just a little disclaimer though: Trucks park in front of it sometimes and the ground right in front of the bank is kind of rough, but the run up itself is fine.

rlang

« Reply #887 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »
ok, I'm at work and finally able to look around with a computer...

Are there still skatable full pipes behind that diy at Pershing and Normal?  I went there last summer and the diy tranny were super beat, have they been worked on in the past year?  We tried to skate the full pipes but got chased off the property. 

I was planning on UIC because there's something I want to try on the 13 stair hubba right there that I haven't seen anybody do yet.  I'm super familiar with Oak Lawn too, been there probably 10 times, and I've actually taken these guys there before when they were in town and they like it, it's just a haul though, we'd eat up and hour just commuting each way and I don't know any other spots out that way.  If I could put together like 3 or so spots relatively close we might be able to justify it though...anything in the area?

In the video above, where is the spot at 1:23? I know it's in the city, my friends like that spot, but I've never gone with.  I've wanted to do some trick over the ledge and down that bank.   

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #888 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
fuck ya, found me some new spots.  thanks papasmurfsdog

rlang

« Reply #889 on: September 11, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
Just looked and the Harlem Bridge spot is only like 10 minutes from Oak Lawn, so if I could get 1 or 2 more spots in that area, it might be good. ? Any kind of spot,....ledges, stairs, handrails, many pads,...whatever...

rlang

« Reply #890 on: September 11, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
Here's Nuni at Oak Lawn last summer sometime (one of the dudes on my team)

And here's me skating there this summer

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:56:27 AM by rlang »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #891 on: September 11, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
Did you just post a fit disguised as a stylish ollie?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #892 on: September 11, 2013, 03:37:34 PM »
Just looked and the Harlem Bridge spot is only like 10 minutes from Oak Lawn, so if I could get 1 or 2 more spots in that area, it might be good. ? Any kind of spot,....ledges, stairs, handrails, many pads,...whatever...

hmmm theres a long 5 or 6 stair, that's kind of cool. Kind of hard to take a person's word on a small stair set, but it might be cool. It's near 5018 West 109th Street at the park by the liike mushroom that spits out water.

Oak Lawn high school has a couple manny pads that you can grind, they're pretty long. They're at 0:58 of the video below. You can do lines there cuz there are more than one. You can also skate a bump over a sidewalk square right next to the little white house looking thing in front of the school. It's got a bunch of cracks on it/before it, though.

Chief in Ideal Humans

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #893 on: September 11, 2013, 03:39:19 PM »
In the video above, where is the spot at 1:23? I know it's in the city, my friends like that spot, but I've never gone with.  I've wanted to do some trick over the ledge and down that bank.   

The brick bank to wall spot is at like 674 South Kedzie Avenue. So basically on Kedzie between Flournoy and Harrison.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #894 on: September 11, 2013, 04:05:12 PM »
http://vimeo.com/74213183#

Smurf, your time to shine.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #895 on: September 11, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
yo ray, dont skate those fullpipes on pershing. my friend robby had a gun pulled on here there one time. and as far as i know the diy spot there is still pretty beat up.

rlang

« Reply #896 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »
Thanks. 

Yeah, I think I heard that gun story.  It's an interesting neighborhood, was it some random dude or someone who worked there? Me and Cantu got chased off by a worker.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #897 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
Thanks. 

Yeah, I think I heard that gun story.  It's an interesting neighborhood, was it some random dude or someone who worked there? Me and Cantu got chased off by a worker.

i think it was someone who worked there

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #898 on: September 12, 2013, 02:24:10 AM »

Shine as in compete in the All City Showdown? I could see my pals and I submitting nothing but falls. Could we win doin that? hahaha. It would definitely be fun though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:16:09 AM by papasmurfsdog »

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #899 on: September 12, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shine as in compete in the All City Showdown? I could see my pals and I submitting nothing but falls. Could we win doin that? hahaha. It would definitely be fun though.

Haha since you're the unofficial spot encyclopedia of Chicago, SPOT CHECK THE ENTIRE VIDEO (kidding, I'll find just a couple clips).

I feel like a Slap team could make a brilliant edit of coffee drinking and falling.