Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 219020 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #930 on: October 14, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm currently missing skating at home right now and I've been stuck in class all day so I've done a little lurking and watching.?  Someone named Cameron was nice enough to upload A Midwest Video and Analog Obsolete, which I haven't seen til today.?  Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/69942793
http://vimeo.com/69935231
[close]

Go watch Chity.
[close]

is that real? Watch chity?? Video was made well but id rather not watch one hundred wallies and see everyone's socks while skating at night.? 

Chitty is good and so is skating at night, wallies, and socks.  Fuck you, you stupid dickwad.

FancyHerling

« Reply #931 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
Never said Chity* wasn't good.  I'd just rather watch people incorporating more than just slow night skating with ollies up curbs to wallies dickwad. For real though, fuck that urban skating shit.  If you're gonna do it, do it right like Timmy Johnson!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1trqfZzdBE

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #932 on: October 15, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
need to travel to Aurora/Woodridge area for work soon...are there any good local skateshops out in the western 'Burbs of Chicago, or is it all mall shops?
hardly art, hardly starving

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #933 on: October 15, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
There's a very good one called Yeah! Boardshop but it's a bit of a drive north from those specific suburbs.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #934 on: October 15, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
god damn i want to skate today but i cant even afford bus fare to hit a park and no way in hell am i gonna skate the streets on the southside alone
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #935 on: October 16, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »
Yeah skateshop is in Bartlett hit it up.

That article aboutthe new plaza is stoking me . When's construction starting??
I hope they don't expect me to stop street skating though.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #936 on: October 16, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »
I'm currently missing skating at home right now and I've been stuck in class all day so I've done a little lurking and watching.  Someone named Cameron was nice enough to upload A Midwest Video and Analog Obsolete, which I haven't seen til today.  Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/69942793
http://vimeo.com/69935231
its all about middlewestern doe

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #937 on: October 22, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »
god damn i want to skate today but i cant even afford bus fare to hit a park and no way in hell am i gonna skate the streets on the southside alone

where you live? not within skating distance of either of the 31st parks?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #938 on: October 23, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

95th lol

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #939 on: October 23, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

95th lol

hahah damn. my condolences

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #940 on: October 23, 2013, 12:16:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

95th lol
[close]

word, whenever im in the loop chilling with anyone who's black theyre like wtf are you doing down there you need to get the fuck out haha

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #941 on: October 23, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

95th lol
[close]

[close]

word, whenever im in the loop chilling with anyone who's black theyre like wtf are you doing down there you need to get the fuck out haha

haha yeah you gotta get outta there

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #942 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:08 PM »
Why are you down there?  How old are you?  What's it like?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #943 on: October 23, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »

im originally from cincinnati but i go to shitty ass chicago state university.  Its pretty shitty actually, a lot of blatant racism directed towards me and both times Ive been jumped the dudes clearly stated that white people dont belong on their block.  One got my whole setup but the second time i got jumped i broke that motherfuckers knees with the trucks on my new board before he could get anything.  Even the kids on campus(school is 81% black) they are pretty racist too.  They think Im some mark from one of the white suburbs but fuck that I just do my own thing and chill with the few kids on campus who dont let my skin color get in the way of the fact that we actually have shit in common.  Its weird though because the kids that I do chill with all have shit in common with me and we can actually talk about real hip hop and shit.  The racist motherfuckers are the ones who bump lil wayne, future, 2 chainz, etc. constantly.  Ive never had anything against black people but holy shit this school is turning me into a super prejudiced motherfucker and I hate it but shit thats how these black kids are since white people treated them the way they treat me.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #944 on: October 24, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

im originally from cincinnati but i go to shitty ass chicago state university.  Its pretty shitty actually, a lot of blatant racism directed towards me and both times Ive been jumped the dudes clearly stated that white people dont belong on their block.  One got my whole setup but the second time i got jumped i broke that motherfuckers knees with the trucks on my new board before he could get anything.  Even the kids on campus(school is 81% black) they are pretty racist too.  They think Im some mark from one of the white suburbs but fuck that I just do my own thing and chill with the few kids on campus who dont let my skin color get in the way of the fact that we actually have shit in common.  Its weird though because the kids that I do chill with all have shit in common with me and we can actually talk about real hip hop and shit.  The racist motherfuckers are the ones who bump lil wayne, future, 2 chainz, etc. constantly.  Ive never had anything against black people but holy shit this school is turning me into a super prejudiced motherfucker and I hate it but shit thats how these black kids are since white people treated them the way they treat me.

Long story short: transfer the fuck out of there.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #945 on: October 24, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Long story short: transfer the fuck out of there.

no shit, freshman year here though are cheap easy credits thatll help me have some money transferring to another more expensive university

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #946 on: November 16, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2013/11/13/ana-learns-to-skate-board-at-red-bull-daily-grind/

The amount of ass she sticks out on the assisted roll in, ratings baby. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #947 on: November 16, 2013, 03:45:59 PM »
http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2013/11/13/ana-learns-to-skate-board-at-red-bull-daily-grind/

The amount of ass she sticks out on the assisted roll in, ratings baby.? 
Ahaha, camera man is perving out.  Good find.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #948 on: November 16, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »

The amount of ass she sticks out on the assisted roll in, ratings baby. 

News orgs gotta do whatever they can.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #949 on: November 17, 2013, 03:39:48 AM »

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »
chicago is really starting to grow on me

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #951 on: December 02, 2013, 12:51:11 AM »
I'm going to be there Dec. 16-22nd for a student organization's trip, and will be staying in the downtown area. Is Uprise worth checking out? I'm Guessing not too many spots will be skateable...

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #952 on: December 02, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »
I'm going to be there Dec. 16-22nd for a student organization's trip, and will be staying in the downtown area. Is Uprise worth checking out? I'm Guessing not too many spots will be skateable...

yeah uprise is the shit

shark tits

« Reply #953 on: December 02, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »
if you need a board it's worth going to. otherwise, no. i'd guess downtown will prolly be cleaned up and skateable unless it snows the day you're there. i'm not wicked familar but the picasso spot will prolly be skateable.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #954 on: December 02, 2013, 02:38:21 AM »
if you need a board it's worth going to. otherwise, no. i'd guess downtown will prolly be cleaned up and skateable unless it snows the day you're there. i'm not wicked familar but the picasso spot will prolly be skateable.

why do you say its not worth going to?
In the (limited) number of times ive been there they have killed it in the hardgoods and softgoods selection and their shoe game is pretty tight

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #955 on: December 02, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »
Uprise is the only real Chicago shop.  Picasso will for sure not be skateable, there's that Kris Kringle village or whatever at the Daley Center for the next month.

shark tits

« Reply #956 on: December 02, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

why do you say its not worth going to?
In the (limited) number of times ive been there they have killed it in the hardgoods and softgoods selection and their shoe game is pretty tight

to me personally, i'm not a big consumer, i go to a shop out of necessity not to chill. they were kinda stuck up the time i went, looking at me sidewards like i was some homeless guy w/ no business there. i mean, i was homeless but i bought a deck. i was like 'i want a blank' and they said they didn't have any. to me a shop deck is a blank, whatever. maybe i caught em on a bad day or late in the shift. in general though i don't see shops as any sort of mecca, they're bodegas that sell skateboards.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #957 on: December 02, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »
they were kinda stuck up the time i went, looking at me sidewards like i was some homeless guy w/ no business there. i mean, i was homeless but i bought a deck.

+1

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #958 on: December 02, 2013, 02:07:56 PM »
You may have set yourself up right there.  It used to irk the hell out of me when people would ask for blank decks.  I understand not wanting to, or being able to pay for pro decks, but there is a big difference between a blank and a shop deck.  Blanks are available on ebay 5 at at a time, and usually expire quicker than the milk you left out.   Most places take pride in their shop decks, wanting to bring you a good board at a fair price.  You go in asking for a blank deck, I feel you are are being disrespectful to the shop, and to skateboarding.  Not that they should act stuck up towards you, but I would certainly take a minute to tell you the difference between the two. 

If you adjust your vocabulary, you may have better luck, because a shop deck is not a blank.  Or maybe they just didn't like the cut of your jib.  Or maybe they are dicks.  I don't know.  The couple of guys I've met from there have been all good towards me, but that doesn't mean a thing. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #959 on: December 16, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
Soooo who's got the inside info on some indoor spots for the winter?