Author Topic: Chicago.  (Read 219068 times)

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
Re: Chicago.
« Reply #960 on: December 16, 2013, 01:22:09 PM »
Drop in is supposed to open next year^ besides that nothing really

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #961 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
Wasn't Drop in a park in Joliet 20 years ago?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #962 on: December 16, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
Wasn't Drop in a park in Joliet 20 years ago?
yeah but its someone else

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #963 on: December 17, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
Wasn't there supposed to be something by the Yeah boys going on in the Hanover Park area?

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

ginz2

• Rep: 4
  • i seent it.
« Reply #964 on: December 18, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
Wasn't there supposed to be something by the Yeah boys going on in the Hanover Park area?

this has now changed to a location in gilberts.... time will tell in regards to this however.

edit: dont even waste your time with anything around here. if you have a car or have friends with a car, just go to cream city. asylum is supposedly getting krushs bowl but thats next year. audubon is cheap but requires a helmet no matter what age (and insanely cold). might as well go that extra bit and skate somewhere worthwhile.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:05:56 PM by ginz2 »
grom n proud

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #965 on: December 20, 2013, 08:05:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this has now changed to a location in gilberts.... time will tell in regards to this however.

edit: dont even waste your time with anything around here. if you have a car or have friends with a car, just go to cream city. asylum is supposedly getting krushs bowl but thats next year. audubon is cheap but requires a helmet no matter what age (and insanely cold). might as well go that extra bit and skate somewhere worthwhile.

Word, thanks! I wish Cream City wasn't such a hike from where I live/wasn't likely to be overrun by kids who just got out for Christmas break.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #966 on: December 20, 2013, 08:24:53 AM »
I confess the dudes in Uprise can be dicks sometimes, but they always have really good shit there.  Yeah! is the best shop I've been to in Illinois and the owner couldn't be a cooler dude.  I'd rather watch Fox News on blast, hungover, with my eyelids pryed open than go to Asylum again.  Why can't Chicago have it's own Cream quality skatepark...there's just no justice in the world  :'(

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #967 on: December 20, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
I confess the dudes in Uprise can be dicks sometimes, but they always have really good shit there.  Yeah! is the best shop I've been to in Illinois and the owner couldn't be a cooler dude.  I'd rather watch Fox News on blast, hungover, with my eyelids pryed open than go to Asylum again.  Why can't Chicago have it's own Cream quality skatepark...there's just no justice in the world  :'(

I think what I want to do regardless of if I finish college or not is open an indoor park in/near chicago
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #968 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think what I want to do regardless of if I finish college or not is open an indoor park in/near chicago

The dream of all Chicago-area skaters. Godspeed.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #969 on: December 20, 2013, 11:56:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The dream of all Chicago-area skaters. Godspeed.

no helmets if you have your moms permission or you bring ramp tramps who suck dick and smoke weed 8)

Ian Dziallo

• Rep: -2
« Reply #970 on: December 20, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
Drop in is supposed to open next year^ besides that nothing really

I was really excited hearing this especially because it will be pretty close to me, but I still wish Krush was around.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: December 28, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
If only that plaza would be finished before it gets warm. It would be the most epic summer of all time for skating in Chicago.

Speaking of, does anyone know where the double banks are? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4T86BVx6ds&t=17m16s)

EDIT: Also, the outledge at 18:57?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:40:23 PM by The Muffin Man »

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
Yeah! skate shop is great. right by my family house and their shop decks last me soo long. I feel bad cuz the owner is real nice but the private shop industry is not doin great.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: December 29, 2013, 12:54:02 AM »
Yeah! skate shop is great. right by my family house and their shop decks last me soo long. I feel bad cuz the owner is real nice but the private shop industry is not doin great.

Keep supporting Dav. He helps keep the core alive.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #974 on: December 31, 2013, 08:57:22 AM »
If only that plaza would be finished before it gets warm. It would be the most epic summer of all time for skating in Chicago.

Speaking of, does anyone know where the double banks are? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4T86BVx6ds&t=17m16s)

Lower Wacker and South Loop

EPetrov

« Reply #975 on: December 31, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
the suburbs are gay.

especially when your car doesnt start, and theres something wrong with it every season.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #976 on: January 12, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

yes

ÜterZörker

• Rep: 4
  • Welcome to the wildwest, did you bring yer pistol?
« Reply #977 on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
anybody know if any of the parks are at all dry today, tryna skate a bit before this next batch of snow hits.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #978 on: January 13, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »
Quote from: ?terZ?rker  link=topic=49438.msg2069545#msg2069545 date=1389645535
anybody know if any of the parks are at all dry today, tryna skate a bit before this next batch of snow hits.

idk but im just about to skate flat where there isnt too much melted waste, or ill smoke some weed. 

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #979 on: January 14, 2014, 06:54:23 AM »
Cant wait till it gets warmer,tired of skating these indoor parks.Anybody trying to shred when it gets warmer?

pencil

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #980 on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
Cant wait till it gets warmer,tired of skating these indoor parks.Anybody trying to shred when it gets warmer?

yes, always lookin for friends in chicago, even if theyre not trying to skate.  PM me

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #981 on: January 17, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes, always lookin for friends in chicago, even if theyre not trying to skate.?  PM me

im down too

EPetrov

« Reply #982 on: January 24, 2014, 01:50:42 PM »
hey guys can I play ?

seriously.

also character skaboards said on instagram to email [email protected] to show support the new plaza

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #983 on: January 27, 2014, 01:51:11 AM »
Anyone know of spots in the Matteson/Chicago Heights area? Just moved out here and I'm lost as fuck.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #984 on: January 27, 2014, 04:53:58 AM »
Anyone know of spots in the Matteson/Chicago Heights area? Just moved out here and I'm lost as fuck.

moved right to my area, hit me up when its warm and ill show you around

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #985 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:06 AM »
I am 5000% done with these polar vortexes.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #986 on: January 27, 2014, 08:26:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

moved right to my area, hit me up when its warm and ill show you around
Gotcha

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #987 on: January 27, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »
How bad really is Southside Chicago? Like Normal Blvd area.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #988 on: January 27, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

What the fuck do you think it's like in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the world?  If you are a black man especially, you better know somebody who lives there, because if they don't recognize you, you are a threat to them.  It's a war zone.  That said, I know a white 25 year old public school teacher who is a brave girl for being there and hasn't had many stories to tell, but she is known among the community as a teacher and she is generally safe.  No one is trying to shoot teachers, except disturbed suburban white kids.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #989 on: January 27, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What the fuck do you think it's like in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the world?  If you are a black man especially, you better know somebody who lives there, because if they don't recognize you, you are a threat to them.  It's a war zone.  That said, I know a white 25 year old public school teacher who is a brave girl for being there and hasn't had many stories to tell, but she is known among the community as a teacher and she is generally safe.  No one is trying to shoot teachers, except disturbed suburban white kids.
Yeah I only listen to music from Chicago and the violence is definitely thriving there. My question was more about like day to day crimes. I like in a bad city/neighborhood, but its not like things happen on the daily. I did see last year though they had 23 homicides in one weekend. Shit is disturbing and I feel for anyone living in that environment.