Author Topic: Worst slam in recent history  (Read 4150 times)

AnklePants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
Worst slam in recent history
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
what was yours?

I was trying front shuv a flat gap, trucks got stuck, i got tossed into the gravel, there were red spots all on the back of my white shirt.

police state

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Worst slam in recent history
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
ive suffered fractured ankles and acl tears but in september i took the slam of my lifetime.  It happened at a skatepark, going switch down a speedramp.  i hit a rock at the very top and got fucking tossed.  i remember flying through the air, with lots of time, determining the best way to aborb the impact.  commando roll was out of the question, so i curled up and body checked the ground.  everything went white for a second when i touched down and i thought i was paralyzed.  i got up fine and walked away with a gnarly bruised hip.  i say its my worst slam because of the sheer velocity, and air time.  there was like parents there and shit ready to call an ambulance it was that scary looking. but i was o.k.
it's okay to hate but you need to apply all hate evenly and fairly.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
I was skating a pool with a bowl right next to it at a park I've never gone to and am in no way familiar with.  I dropped into the shallow end, got enough speed to try to do a grind in the deep end but when it tried to lock in I kind of landed backwards on my feet  (outside of the pool), stumbled a few steps backwards, and fell backwards into the bowl next to the pool.  I don't remember anything except being scared as shit when I got up.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »
 I have two worst slams.. First, I wanted to jump over a can from little kicker, Kalis style, and as I was hauling ass in to the kicker, right before, I hit a rock, and flew over the kicker right into the can. The can was destroyed and so was I, I cracked my rib. 

Second one, I was trying bs nosegrinds on a ledge, from the front, like Wenning, and I kinda locked the truck bad, so I rolled over and almost broke my knee. Worst fucking pain in my life, and on a ledge.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
I've got quite a few.

Once I was skating a bank, and I went for fakie flip (I think) but I landed primo, and one way or another, I got propelled down pretty fast from basically the top of the bank and I landed nothing but neck/head on the cement ground, kinda similar to the That's Life cover of Corey Duffel.

When I was 15 I wanted to try and skate the vert ramp at the park, that was roughly 15 or 16 feet high. First go, I successfully drop in, and when I got up the other side I just kinda got off my board and slid down.  Excited and full of adrenaline, I raced back to the top, trying it again with absolutely no hesitation. As soon as my front wheels hit the vert, I got separated from my board and was basically free falling to the bottom. My fist was clenched, so my nails went into my hand, and I hit my head so hard the helmet I was forced to wear bounced off. I couldn't walk a straight line for a week...

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
not my worst slam but, i was skating this ledge to drop i ollied up onto it and somehow my wheel got caught in my pants and slide down the quarterpipe attached to it on my stomach. ? it ripped through the front of my shirt and cut open my chest in a few places

its the ledge with the guy skating in the red is in front of, i ollied up by where the guy is sitting, and to the right of the guy in the red was the quarterpipe i did the stomach slide on

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »
not my worst slam but, i was skating this ledge to drop i ollied up onto it and somehow my wheel got caught in my pants and slide down the quarterpipe attached to it on my stomach. ? it ripped through the front of my shirt and cut open my chest in a few places

its the ledge with the guy skating in the red is in front of, i ollied up by where the guy is sitting, and to the right of the guy in the red was the quarterpipe i did the stomach slide on

Is that Wilson in Chicago?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
yeah.

I've been growing the switch swelbow lately, switch ollieing some small sets of stairs, its just that I suck at slamming switch so it hurts more.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:57:58 PM »
There's this up-ledge in Detroit at a spot that had just been made. I was feeling really confident, locked a front 5050, kind of just to prove I could skate it, and then jumped off. Then I smoked a cigarette to look cool, you know. Meanwhile, the dude I was with waxed the shit out of the top of the ledge. I got up from my nicotine and proceeded to attempt to 5-0 it. I ollied too high and landed on the top of the ledge in a manual with all my weight pushing away from me, like how you would to force something to grind. My feet and legs up to the back of my knees ended up on top of the ledge and I slipped back, landing on the spot where your neck and shoulder blades meet. I remember everything going black and then ending up sitting on a bench.

New concrete + too much wax = lame.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
not my worst slam but, i was skating this ledge to drop i ollied up onto it and somehow my wheel got caught in my pants and slide down the quarterpipe attached to it on my stomach. ?? it ripped through the front of my shirt and cut open my chest in a few places

[close]

Is that Wilson in Chicago?
yep

Skater Austin

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 05:19:41 PM »
Tried to Heelflip a 11 or 12 stair, which was a bad idea cause i dont enjoy stairs that much, did the splits when i landed with one leg and the other was off the board. Happened today.

Councilman Doug

• Rep: 16
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 05:36:02 PM »

Second one, I was trying bs nosegrinds on a ledge, from the front, like Wenning, and I kinda locked the truck bad, so I rolled over and almost broke my knee. Worst fucking pain in my life, and on a ledge.
this, i have a long ass scar from the angle iron on my leg and it was swollen for forever

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
PRIMO CLIPS ARE FUN

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
fractured skull. 1 week hospital stay

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »

Pussy. Should've kept skating because you NEVER hit your head skating.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 11:03:35 PM »
I was carving over this big loveseat for the first time. I made it once, and wanted to do it once more before it got too dark, but some stupid kids decided to play in the bowl for a bit before I tried it again. It was getting dark, and I guess I put my front foot a little too far forward and when I was coming down the loveseat (backside carve) My board reverted back 180 and I rolled backward into the other side of the bowl, I saw starts, but I was luckily wearing a helmet so no concussion.

WORST ONE: Another time at the same park, I had some SHITTY flip sidecut wheels. The kind where they have a separate core and other wheel. The inside core separated from the outside and started to slip a little bit, I banged it back in and forgot about it, bad idea. I was going before that loveseat (after rolling down the 17 foot fullpipe roll-in and carving the end of the bowl for speed) and carved the side of this island/hip for more speed, and when I was coming down it, the WHEEL BASICALLY EXPLODED. It made that powerslide sound and I was tossed backside 180 style onto my back/shoulder/elbow going really fast. That sucked.
morale of the story; NEVER BUY CORED WHEELS, the weight difference isn't worth it.

More recently though I guess my worst is just leaning too far forward off a drop in a contest near the end of the day and slamming into my elbow/hip. Got a pretty big swelbow there.

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:35:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

couldnt walk it off

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 04:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
couldnt walk it off

i think it was a referance to COTG in the OIAM thread

Aaa.....

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
I've been trying a fackie shove - it nosegrind on a small ledge one day and I got shot by a sniper.

The small ledge was nearby a police training facility in the Bay Area, nearby the city of Marin, Marin Country. Turned out local SWAT teams were practicing.

The sniper shot me in my arm. I was on the ground, bleeding, I passed out. Ambulance came fast. That motherfucker shot me right when I was grinding! (I was also grinding on my grind and chilling the chill with my chillin' homeboy homies all day that day)

My family won the case (Obvious), but to this day nobody can say how could a police sniper shoot a civilian OUTSIDE the training facility. Sniper claimed it was an accident, the rifle was in front of him but he wasn't using his scope, pulled the trigger accidently.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:44:44 AM by Aaa..... »

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
I've been trying a fackie shove - it nosegrind on a small ledge one day and I got shot by a sniper.

The small ledge was nearby a police training facility in the Bay Area, nearby the city of Marin, Marin Country. Turned out local SWAT teams were practicing.

The sniper shot me in my arm. I was on the ground, bleeding, I passed out. Ambulance came fast. That motherfucker shot me right when I was grinding! (I was also grinding on my grind and chilling the chill with my chillin' homeboy homies all day that day)

My family won the case (Obvious), but to this day nobody can say how could a police sniper shoot a civilian OUTSIDE the training facility. Sniper claimed it was an accident, the rifle was in front of him but he wasn't using his scope, pulled the trigger accidently.
did you land it

AnklePants

• Rep: -10
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »
Tried to Heelflip a 11 or 12 stair, which was a bad idea cause i dont enjoy stairs that much, did the splits when i landed with one leg and the other was off the board. Happened today.

your so rad

Aaa.....

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
2 Watcho80

No, I got shot before I could land it. I was grinding and got shot right in process.

But my chain and my doo rag stayed on me.

The hospital staff did a lot of jokes on me being a wigger, but I just said them that I'm gangsta like 'dat. Fo' real. Fo' real! You feel me?

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 07:44:06 PM »
compound fracture trying to boardslide a flat bar 5 years ago, i have two 8 inch scars on my right arm from the plates they put in/took out

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:31 AM »
inward heel
kick out 
facesmack
lazer
clip
take on to the dome

nickfrink

• Rep: -9
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »
Our little local video was coming out soon, and everyone was trying to get clips. There's this somewhat long ledge that has a giant crack in the middle of it, making it weird for grinding, but doesn't affect slides much. I was trying to get a comfortable 50-50 going so I could 50-50 front bigspin it, but on one of them, I fell and hit my shin on the ledge. It hurt like when you pop your board into your shin, nothing serious, but still kinda a bitch to deal with. But then it really started to sting and I look down to see if I had any scrapes or anything, and there was this 1/2 wide, six inch gash running down my shin, completly open. Had to get ten stitches. But the weirdest part about the whole thing is going into shock. I don't remember much of it, but my friends kept saying I wanted to avoid the hospital, go home and watch Law and Order SVU and eat hamburgers and that's what I begged them for. lol.

Fast forward to 7:00 if you wanna see it.

Credits-Wasted Talent

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
trying a 50 in the deep end at hastings my board shot out and I got pitched....couldn't even get my hands out for some reason, first thing that hit was my chest, then my chin, scorpioned......a bmxer had to fish me out....I was just winded but yeah, there was a bit of panic...