Author Topic: Healing times?  (Read 1102 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Healing times?
« on: January 04, 2011, 04:56:33 AM »
Do any of you heal really slowly after skating?

eg. when i fall over and graze something i know im gonna have that graze for a few months due to slow healing and re-opening it skating again

or... one of my mates who is an "older skater" cant skate 2 days in a row (even if he doesnt bail atall) because he needs to let his knees rejuvinate

so this got me thinking... do some of you heal super fast or are we all just cut up bruised limping old men when off a board?

CaptainMorganFreeman

• Rep: 46
    • proskates.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Healing times?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 06:36:14 AM »
I'm 23 and I've had a few bruises on my legs from slamming onto ledges for over a year now. My knees hurt all the time its sick.

MustardTigerPhilCollins

• Rep: 6
  • Jesus was Batman
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:52:54 AM »
I'm 24 and my ankles are jacked. Even when I think they're pretty much healed, I gotta wait a week at least cuz I'm so paranoid about re-injuring them and being out for a month. Also I dunnno exactly what it was but recently I had some kind of bone bruise or something on the bottom of my foot that took fooooorever to heal. But I don't think it helped that'd I'd go out and walk around wasted every weekend

hamburglar

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 06:08:46 AM »
im 22 and tore some ligaments in my ankle a month ago, its still swollen but the bruising is gone so tomorrow im going skating for the first time since :)
i enjoy the soreness after long days of skating that didnt cripple you. hopefully not just a sign of oncoming arthritis.
would assume it gets worse with age, but look at reynolds.
does anyone else get post-injury-pussiness? avoiding the spot/trick that fucked you up.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 07:06:38 AM »
im 22 and tore some ligaments in my ankle a month ago, its still swollen but the bruising is gone so tomorrow im going skating for the first time since :)
i enjoy the soreness after long days of skating that didnt cripple you. hopefully not just a sign of oncoming arthritis.
would assume it gets worse with age, but look at reynolds.
does anyone else get post-injury-pussiness? avoiding the spot/trick that fucked you up.

yeah a little, im far too scared to do 50-50s especially on rails coz i fucked up my leg real bad on one before and had a tennisball sized lump on my shin oozing blood and pus, so yeah i hate grinding rails now.

however when i broke my ankle trying a hardflip over a hip i was off skating for like half a year, went back to the hip that i broke it on as soon as i could skate again and tried the trick again but just couldnt get it, got fs flip instead HA but that one injury has deffinatley fucked up 50-50s for me.

also after i broke my ankle i was off work for a week in agony and drugged up on painkillers, then when i came back i was on crutches and couldnt do alot of stuff by myself so now i only skate small stuff coz i really cant afford to lose my job. but im cool with that coz i find small stuff more naturally fun anyway like little drops,  hips and transition and stuff.

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
No it's called not being a pussy. Who cares if you have scars, big deal. As long as your internal organs arn't falling out your fine

and yeah I enjoy the soreness at the end of a long ass day skating, though I rarely get enough time to skate long enough that it will make me sore.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
No it's called not being a pussy. Who cares if you have scars, big deal. As long as your internal organs arn't falling out your fine

and yeah I enjoy the soreness at the end of a long ass day skating, though I rarely get enough time to skate long enough that it will make me sore.

great advice badass

SK8-N-WorshipSatan

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 07:54:38 PM »
Let me clarify. Hitting your head = not fine.

Breaking bones = not fine, but it will heal back to 100%

So in short don't hit your head, because that shit don't heal, and if you get cut in half, don't let your internal organs fall out.

nickfrink

• Rep: -9
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:30:09 AM »
I'm 21, I've sprained an ankle so bad that it tore skin and began to bleed (That's not normal right? lol), sprained both ankles long enough to stay off the board of a month more than a few times per ankle, and I tore my shin on the edge of a ledge. But even the leg being torn took only two weeks before I was doing feebles on our dinky park rail. I think the thing that stays with me the longest are bruised heels and my calfs and thighs are sore after jumping down stuff. Like, a twenty minute session on a 8-10 gets me pretty sore the next day, but anything bigger takes like five tries before I'm starting to feel it.