Author Topic: NEW Puleo Interview!  (Read 64634 times)

diefuck

Re: NEW Puleo Interview!
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
You know that ledge has a name, it's call the Big Wang, named after Wing Fat Wang, or as his friends called him, Mock Duck.
He was the first to skate it with one metal roller skate in 1947. He slid the top then came in down the slope...smooth. And that was at least 3 years before the Hip Sing Tong crew blew up the spot with the backside massaagee slide.
not funny, try again.

ttching!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
i was there at chelsea!  yeah, he rolled in, bummed out, and left....  half an hour later, i broke my shoulder.

Bummer.  How'd you do it?

Zimmerman

« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
This is for all you knuckle-heads that jump to conclusions....via Mr. Puleo himself
http://www.areyouavictim.com/node/985#comment

So it seems like I have to take time out of my busy schedule to debunk a few myths floating around the internet
concerning my recently released Traffic Report. First off, (and sorry to disappoint all of you), but I was not referring
 to Austyn Gillete's or Gilbert Crocket's skateboard abilities when I said "Austin Cookie-Cutter and Gilbert Skatethesame.
 If you read what I wrote, I said, "they all have these J. Crew catalog names these days, like Austin Cookie-Cutter
and Gilbert Skatethesame". Yes, I did use both of their first names, but I did not mean it to refer to their abilities on a
skateboard, which apparently a lot of you thought I meant. I used those to names because they sound like, as I have said,
to have come out of a J. Crew catalog. Like the Crocket Frock Coat, or the Gillette Pull Over Fleece. You get it? They're just
outrageous names, that's all. Who else could I have mentioned that would have worked here, let me think... What about
the Riley, the Keegan or the Garret? Any of those names would have worked just as well. But then people would have
attacked me for saying those people's ability on a skateboard sucked. That is not what I'm saying. It just seems like
the names of today's skateboarders have gotten just as outrageous as their abilities. And trick selections. But what
I'm also trying to say by adding the Skatethesame and Cookiecutter is that to me, a lot of people seem like they all
look and skate the same. Big deal. Who cares? Can I not say that? I'm not saying those two dudes skate the same.
Or that they're not good or that I'm better than them. I'm just saying there's a lot of generic style going around.
I mean, choose any photo of a kid lipsliding a 17 stair or doing a wallride, throw in the name of a J. Crew Pea Coat
and a khaki pant and boom, you get my point. The only thing that diversifies these kids these days(partially because
there are so many kids) is their outlandish names. I mean Gilbert Crockett??? Sorry people, but that is not your run
of the mill name like say Bill Smith. But I do suppose this is not these kid's faults. I do suppose I should be more upset
with the Mommy's and Daddy's of today that choose their kid's name out of a J.Crew catalogs. And to be perfectly
honest with you, I've never even seen Gilbert Crockett or Austyn Gillette skate. And I mean that from the bottom of
my heart. I have never seen either of them ride a skateboard. Not in real life or in video. Not only that, I've not
even seen the last Workshop video, or Habitat video for that matter, or the last Mystery video. You wanna know
why? Cause I don't care about seeing them. If anything, I avoid watching videos like the plague, cause most of
them disatisfy me.

2. That I meant Billy Rohan, when I said "Billy Dogdrool from Florida". No, I meant "Billy Dogdrool from Florida".
Or California. Or Indiana. Or France. Every place has Billy Dogdrools. Haven't any of you ever heard of a "Billy"?
It's just another word for a dog. There you go, you have a new derogatory term for your lexicon. But besides the
fact that I did not mean Billy Rohan, Billy Rohan has lived in New York for at least ten years now, am I right? That's
 way longer than any of you who got their panties in a bunch over that comment. I think that makes him an honorary
 New Yorker, does it not?

3. That I am talking about ALL SKATEBOARDERS when I say find your own shit where you live and that I mean do not
 travel and to stay in your own town. Come on. Do I really need to explain myself here? What I mean is don't be a dog.
And take off those regular sunglasses for Christ's sake. You're in a bar. And it's night.

4. Confusing aesthetics with progression. People seem to think that when I mention sw back tails and wallrides in the
same sentence, that I mean "don't progress and/or learn hard tricks". What I mean is "keep your shit tight". Get it? Good.
And

5. That I'm bitter. Of course I'm bitter. You're all bitter as well. You wouldn't be on a message board complaining
 about some bullshit you just read on the internet if you weren't bitter as well. So who the hell cares? Seriously?
We are all bitter or disenchanted in some way. Whether it's complaining about kids wearing harsh looking Converse's,
 to calling somebody else bitter on the internet, it's all perfectly normal and healthy. It's okay to be bitter or angry.
We're human beings. It's ok. You know what I'd be worried about, is the pot calling the kettle black and not being
aware of it. Now that's something to get upset about.
Well anyhow, cool. I'm glad we cleared things up and I'm glad everyone enjoyed the interview. From the amount of
 bullshit it's generating, it seems like you're all more than satisfied with it. That said, I'm going to leave you with a
quote from one of my favorite people... "I don't care what the newspapers say about me, as long as they spell my
 name correctly"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:59:33 PM by John »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
i like you again, blobby puhleo.

Rampfoot

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
Y'all created a monster.

And btw Bobby, not everyone is bitter.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
This makes the Dill comments look pretty tame in the grand scheme of things.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:45:57 PM by Laban Fetus »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2011, 03:35:29 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA dudes such a clown.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed that Puleo even lurks/cares what slap has to say.

earlygrab

« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2011, 03:40:37 PM »
UM, OK. now you make less sense and just sound kinda crazy. SO your point was kids have weird names, um ya ok.

And, not all of us are here cause were bitter. I'd guess most are here out of boredom in the workplace or home. Now your just projecting.

you should be more worried about pushing yourself and less about what everyone around you (especially if you dont even like them)is doing or saying on the internet. Instead of coming off like a bitter old guy that acts like its his right to make any money on a skateboard.

and I say this with the best of intentions. Nothing would make me happier than to see a new Puleo part that felt fresh.

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
I think what Bobby is saying is that a lot of skateboarders have names that kind of sound like commodities. It's something that I've noticed before, and when I read this interview the first time, I thought it was funny that he pointed that out. I mean, I would say skating has gotten to a place where everything about the person is scrutinized, including names. I know for a fact that there are relative unknowns that have gone by different last names to be more marketable.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Puelo should totally be a Slap poster. He meshes quite well with everyone here. Compared to the other guys on here, he doesn't even sound that bitter. Just opinionated if anything.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Inbred Jed

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2011, 04:55:26 PM »
I miss the days when skater's names sounded like they came from a JC Penney catalog. Remember dudes like Joey Tuffskins and Grranimals McKeds?

newhampster

• Rep: 7
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
Take away the skateboard, and Puleo is just another pretentious NYC hipster.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
I can understand why Bobby says a lot of the stuff he says, even if I can't back it, but talking shit on a dude's name is pretty fucking stupid. With that said, I still look forward to his next video part.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

strangefires

« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »

pow

crunk juice

• Rep: -16
« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2011, 06:51:58 PM »
i agree with everything puleo said.  dude's tight.  it's kind of shocking to have a professional skateboarder with a brain doing an interview.  i'm gonna start buying dude's board.

tripledonkeyflip

« Reply #226 on: January 27, 2011, 07:47:39 PM »
UM, OK. now you make less sense and just sound kinda crazy. SO your point was kids have weird names, um ya ok.

And, not all of us are here cause were bitter. I'd guess most are here out of boredom in the workplace or home. Now your just projecting.

you should be more worried about pushing yourself and less about what everyone around you (especially if you dont even like them)is doing or saying on the internet. Instead of coming off like a bitter old guy that acts like its his right to make any money on a skateboard.

and I say this with the best of intentions. Nothing would make me happier than to see a new Puleo part that felt fresh.

Agreed I think the guy kind of realised he was talking shit then tried to justify himself...I mean he's in the middle of a SKATEBOARD interview but he starts bullshitting on Crockett and Gillette but nah he's just mentioning it because people have crazy names? What.
Also he sounds like more of a dick by pointing out the videos he hasn't seen its like he's forcing an underground image of not giving a shit. If he really didn't care he probably wouldn't even mention the fact he didn't see those videos. I'm sure if he knows their names he has seen them skating somehow or another (unless again he avoids seeing them skate to force his im so underground i dont give a shit image some more).
Still stand by him just seeming like an utter tool.

AnklePants

• Rep: -10
« Reply #227 on: January 27, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
i agree with everything puleo said.  dude's tight.  it's kind of shocking to have a professional skateboarder with a brain doing an interview.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »
according to the main page, Mango hasnt heard that you're not allowed to go and have fun in other people's cities.

I can understand why Bobby says a lot of the stuff he says, even if I can't back it, but talking shit on a dude's name is pretty fucking stupid. With that said, I still look forward to his next video part.

I agree with you Murrell Sweatervest

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »

Speaking of names, I think it's kind of weird a 30-something year old goes by the name of Bobby.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2011, 09:20:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speaking of names, I think it's kind of weird a 30-something year old goes by the name of Bobby.
Especially this dude, I figured he'd be going by Robert at this point.

I agree with you Murrell Sweatervest
WHO DIS BE?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

era

« Reply #231 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
Dude, skatings for fun.  Chill the fuck out.  If this guy judged who was pro, beginner kids from buttfuck no where would be running the show.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2011, 10:11:35 PM »
bobby puleo is in-tune to a central theme of our time. which is that "realness", or whatever suffices as that understanding nowadays, is a fading commodity. knowing realness seems very simple, yet tricky to place in context the older you get. in terms of what realness is�and what the art of "raw" skateboarding means�it's sad but true to realize that skateboarding's essence has followed the generally frustrating trend of the mainstream; artificial and glam in the 80's, raw and menacing in the 90's, an edgier hybrid of the two in the early 2000's, etc. the cycle continues now, arguably reminicent of the 80's, peppered with factions of the early 90's; ex: puleo still in embattled with an idea that is long forgone...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:21:06 PM by dirty ol man »

Kevin Costner

• Rep: 3
  • Whaduhyah thinkin' about?
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:15 PM »
What a dreamboat. ::) :-* :o
.He only had one girlfriend and that was because the girl wanted him to knockout this other local who punched the girl in the face for pushing him after he threw a wheel at her. Trollboy did nothing.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2011, 11:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Especially this dude, I figured he'd be going by Robert at this point.

Atleast Roberto. Going back to his ancestral roots.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
i actually think he is more of an irrelevant douche bag now than i did after the interview.  "i'm not hating on their skating...JUST THEIR CRAZY NAMES".    seriously, what the fuck?  the person's name got proportionally crazier as they get better at skating?   that is probably the stupidest thing i have ever heard.   he holds the name "bobby" in such high esteem.   this all sounds like someone getting caught and then making up the worst excuse ever trying to take back what they said.  

on top of that the fact that he cried 'mommy' after a 7 page SLAP thread, one page of which is berrics screen shots, negates his whole 'against the grain' persona
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:57:54 PM by Tyroneshoelaces »
where is home?

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2011, 09:25:50 AM »
any post made to explain or defend someones opinionated can be picked apart.
you guys are reaching. 

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »
if i were a psychologist i would be curious about his obsession with jcrew, and wonder if there isn't a hidden yearning that accompanies all this catalog flipping.

but i'm not.

also it's winter here which makes everyone a little grumpy, especially those of us who rely on clear streets for some measure of fulfillment.

FUCK EVERYBODY!!!  nah just kidding.

and Bobby if you are reading

those who live by the spot die by the spot.

don't be afraid to rethink how you are applying your abstracts.  

INFAMOUS!

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2011, 09:42:19 AM »
the dude makes good points after he explains them, but that first time around sounded like drunk and angry/bitter shit talking. if hes going to answer questions like that, he should expect some controversy.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »

puleo got to ny well before the hipsters took over