Author Topic: Happy 20th Birthday SLAP FORUM  (Read 7132 times)

georgethecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
Re: Happy 20th Birthday SLAP FORUM
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2022, 02:27:41 PM »
Nate Jackson’s backfired attempt to out Brooklyn Brawler was some of the funniest shit at the time

That was lame. Outting him for what? Being Asian? Some people somehow thought it was funny though. BB used to skate a park I frequented, something I only pieced together after that ordeal. He was actually really good.

I think the hands-down funniest thing on here was the David Lumpkins episode. Although that was pretty unkind and juvenile as well.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2022, 10:59:13 PM »
I think he ran the all over print FA shirts which was seen as a quasi fucboi move…..I guess like Stevie he was ahead of the times…

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
  • computer says no
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2022, 11:45:07 AM »
love you cats!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
Met some longtime friends, both IRL and online from this cesspool. Thanks for everything y’all.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2022, 01:00:18 PM »
woooooohooooooooooo

What was that dudes username who had like Milhouse's dad as his profile pic and vibed everyone a few years back lol.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »
woooooohooooooooooo

What was that dudes username who had like Milhouse's dad as his profile pic and vibed everyone a few years back lol.

Pretty sure that was Shit For Brains.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »
Expand Quote
woooooohooooooooooo

[close]

That's right! Haaaa. Good times.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2022, 01:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
woooooohooooooooooo

[close]

[close]

That's right! Haaaa. Good times.

Yeah somewhere in Shoes & Gear im pretty sure there was a thread of him just roasting peoples slide/grind marks. Its weird seeing some posters who focus/get banned who were here way before I was. Even seeing Gipper go was kinda crazy.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2022, 05:53:58 AM »
Member  since 04 with 6 month hiatus in 09
gave cig beer my cellphone # in 07 and he called me drunk several times in the middle of the night.
Brooklyn brawler got robin from vans to send out the John Cardiel epicly later'd DVDs to pals and I got a copy. It was so sick. My gf at the time (current wife) and I watched it and she cried.
bipsmound was so amazingly funny
I used to try my best to stay out of mizark's way, i was not interested in getting bodied on the internet.
realizing busey and I were both from the same area and we became friends.

slap is what you make of it. Get in too deep and you'll drown, skim and pick and choose and you are going to have a great time.

biggums mcgee

• Rep: 14
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2022, 05:55:22 AM »
I came from "skateboard rumors" around the end of '04. There was a young kid "Reed" who was like a skateboarding historian at the age of 12 here at the time.

ISUCK joining over the Albany beef (hilarious story) definitely brought a huge wave of new people in. Same with Fully Flared links.

Pals and people I've met through here:

Kilgore, Marty, Vicky, PAWL, Mark Whitely, Phelps and Tony V. Vicky and Marty put me up for a night in Philly years ago

Got to visit High Speed office before Mark left & he gave me some old mags and a couple of Cliche boards

Mizzark was wild and as well as his/her buddy YMHY. Mizzark turned out to be super cool. Child of the Ghetto, classic dude who I'm sure was a well known west coast pro.
Pontoon Boat and that gorilla character were hilarious.

There was a guy from I think British Columbia who was super smart & well respected, he focused many years ago but sent me a VHS copy of of Art Bars. Donnie Murdow? from Scotland and tonycoxhox are other memorable internationals

Perfect Cock or Perfection was the guy who had the gif of Gipper and Vegan Shawn eating shit / gettin dicked down

Definitely some wild times on AIM with pals. Trolling Corey Duffle and Jerome Rogers.

Sanch was kind of a mark on here IIRC. As was Anthony Shelter. Pretty sure Brian Brown would post on here too, defending / hyping himself

It used to be serious to get to Pal status! That was a whole separate community and came with all the links to every skate video. I recall driving nearly an hour to watch a terrible quality link of Fully Flared on someone's brand new PS3 the weekend after it was released.

Last but not least thanks to everyone who helped me when I was locked up. Can of Soup? Or Campbell's Soup sent some books, someone bought me a Thrasher sub. Rusty would send letters and photographs.
Slap really is one of the best online communities, nice to read this thread and reminisce!

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2022, 05:18:02 AM »
Migrated from the SkateboarderMag message board around 2002/2003, lurked for maybe a year or 2 before registering under @methuselah (can't believe it's still active, couldn't for the life of me tell you what the password is or have access to the recovery email). Seeing all the names of past Pals really brings back a lot of memories, this place has been a constant in my life for damn close to 20 years. Hell, getting Pal status felt like I won the fucking Super Bowl at the time! While the board has changed with the times (for good or for bad), I still love this place and am thankful for the good times and people I've met along the way.

@biggums mcgee that's rad that Rusty would send you stuff while you were locked up, he used to send me stuff in the mail as well and I still have all of that stuff to this day, he was really a good guy with a big heart who suffered from something outside of his control and it was sad to see everything transpire the way it did at the time (whether it was the right decision to ban him at the time or not I cannot say). I know he's not very well liked these days but I'll give a shout out to the only other Pal I've met in real life, Shark Tits, as we had some great times skating and let's be frank here as it's no secret, doing drugs together.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans