Author Topic: Max Payne 3  (Read 1535 times)

codithou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
Max Payne 3
« on: April 23, 2012, 04:08:49 PM »
Looks awesome in my opinion. I guess the band HEALTH did some of the soundtrack which is also awesome.
Max Payne 3 Official TV Commercial
Max Payne 3 Design and Technology Series: Creating a Cutting Edge Action-Shooter

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
Re: Max Payne 3
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:22:24 AM »
even though the story seems like a bootleg man on fire this still looks dope.

bunch of sick guns in this one. taurus model 608, benelli m4 super 90, imbel md-97 lc, barrett m107.  :P

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
^ easy killa

I hope this games sticks with what made the previous ones so great. Not afraid to be dark as fuck. The amount of junkie dens I would walk into only to find a dead hooker and a shotgun covered in blood

Stoked for this

codithou

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »
I think it is supposed to be pretty dark and 'noir'-ish like the previous games and use a style similar to graphic novels.
Max Payne 3 Design and Technology Series: "Visual Effects and Cinematics"

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »
Pre ordered this and am picking it up tomorrow. Stoked as fuck, and I'm happy I wasn't watching videos and hyping myself up for a long time, didn't plan on buying it until this weekend, watched a bunch of good reviews, played the first one again, got re stoked

Bullet time here I come

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:15 AM »
I've been fucking loving it so far, I burned through the first disc (didn't know it was split up on 360) in one sitting. I'm just getting to the stage of the game now where the enemies get heavily-armored though, so I'm hoping shit doesn't get super frustrating. New cutscenes are super sick though, everything moves along so seamlessly.

Multiplayer seems like a real let-down so far, but I won't judge too prematurely. Being able to see someones gamertag from the other side of the map just turns everyone into a bunch of headless chickens, team deathmatch seems like a joke. Hopefully the other game modes are fun, but if it's anything like GTA IV, no one will touch them.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »
Yeah its fucking awesome. Make sure you pick free aim for the aim style, just like the originals and its hard to get head shots and clear out rooms of enemies. This game is decently tough, even on normal mode.

My only complaint is the visual style at times gets tiresome, constant seizure inducing cut scenes with green and pink flashes on the screen.

But this is still an awesome game, only about 2 hours in, trying to making it last

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 12:14:35 PM »
Yeah, normal difficulty without aim assist is pretty much the perfect challenge. I'm just worried because the one fully armored (with helmet) enemy I've run into needed me to empty an assault rifle mag into his head before he went down. If they start throwing more than one of those dudes at me at a time then I can see shit getting pretty annoying.

It doesn't really make sense to me that they took out grenades too, especially when enemies still use them.

Also kind of bummed that there's no more Dead Man Walking mode, they should have made that a multiplayer thing and gone the Horde Mode way.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »
these gun battles are fuckin intense

codithou

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
I rented it from Redbox for like two bucks because I don't have a lot of money but it only came with the first disc so I only got to play maybe half of the story. I finished that pretty quick and it was super fun. The story is done so well just like most rockstar games and has an awesome style running throughout. I tried to get the most out of my two dollars so I played a bit of multiplayer and got sucked in pretty fast. I actually really enjoy it. It's way more fluid than previous rockstar multiplayer games (GTAIV, Red Dead) but maybe I enjoyed it more at first because I was playing the rookie game modes and just murdering everyone. Like, every match I was 35-15. The gang wars mode is pretty interesting. It can be like 20 minutes long and has a story with it, kinda weird but still cool.
Anyway I'd say 8/10 would play again. I probably won't buy it until I can find it on craigslist for like 20 bucks though.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »
Got this shit for free, its dope my brother works at rockstar buy dat shit, keep him employed