Author Topic: Kalis Epicly Later'd  (Read 111107 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Kalis Epicly Later'd
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »
what's the fishin' like in michigan?

steven

• Rep: 7
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
I fucking love the Later'ds, but it's kind of sad to have it serving to address commentary in skate media, even if it's itself.  
It was more special before they found this kind of journalistic career/biopic angle.  Cards bio was beyond amazing though, of course.
Hell yeah...keep skateboarding gay.

Or the jocks win.

people who work in the brains department aren't easily wowed

Inbred Jed

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »
I liked the early curb skating clips.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 09:08:55 AM »
kalis can do no wrong.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
Can't wait for the rest. Love the early 90's clips from Michigan, that was such a great time in skating right before it got so slowed down and ultra deck with no style. I always liked Josh's skating, I had the honor of seeing him and Jamie Thomas skate the old brown marble spot in SF when they where filming for Toy Machine's Heavy Metal video, rad to see how far Josh has come and still pushing skating. And Sean Sheffy is the ruler, nothing more needs to be said.

LDJ

• Rep: 7
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »
It seems that a shit storm has been started by an off-hand comment, then perpetuated by a bunch of knitting circle bitches.  If you guys had actually spent any time with Dill you'd probably change your tune. How  many pros do you know hand over the majority of their pay check to look after their family? No discredit to Kalis, he's been killing since that 3 flip in heavy metal. But seriously, this shit has been blown WAY out of proportion. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
I'm not really understanding all this Dill hate. Everyone acts like he was just blatantly talking shit in Kalis which I don't see to be the case. It's obvious that workshop was kind of split between the hesh/art (AVE for hesh, Dylan/Dill for art) kind of skating and the fresh/tech (obviously Kalis and Dyrdek) skating and to me that's all I see him pointing out. It's not even like he singled Kalis out, he said the exact same thing about Dyrdek and Mikey Taylor which is that Workshop is definitely headed into a different direction than when it was new. It's way less east coast street rat style, which is why there's no more Pappalardo, and Kalis just happened to be one of the last hold outs that decided it was time to leave. It's just two different styles of skating, and I don't think Dill was saying that one is any better than the other. And how can you guys sit here and say that Dill should watch his mouth and censor what he says, when everyone praises Kalis for being balls out and saying how he feels? Obvious double standard and I think anyone in the limelight should tell it like it is for the most part just to keep things genuine and weed out all the bullshit.

On a side note Kalis is sick and I really liked that episode and can't wait for more.

strangefires

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »
I'm not really understanding all this Dill hate. Everyone acts like he was just blatantly talking shit in Kalis which I don't see to be the case. It's obvious that workshop was kind of split between the hesh/art (AVE for hesh, Dylan/Dill for art) kind of skating and the fresh/tech (obviously Kalis and Dyrdek) skating and to me that's all I see him pointing out. It's not even like he singled Kalis out, he said the exact same thing about Dyrdek and Mikey Taylor which is that Workshop is definitely headed into a different direction than when it was new. It's way less east coast street rat style, which is why there's no more Pappalardo, and Kalis just happened to be one of the last hold outs that decided it was time to leave. It's just two different styles of skating, and I don't think Dill was saying that one is any better than the other. And how can you guys sit here and say that Dill should watch his mouth and censor what he says, when everyone praises Kalis for being balls out and saying how he feels? Obvious double standard and I think anyone in the limelight should tell it like it is for the most part just to keep things genuine and weed out all the bullshit.

On a side note Kalis is sick and I really liked that episode and can't wait for more.

shut the fuck up

on a side note stop posting

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
It seems that a shit storm has been started by an off-hand comment, then perpetuated by a bunch of knitting circle bitches.?  If you guys had actually spent any time with Dill you'd probably change your tune. How  many pros do you know hand over the majority of their pay check to look after their family? No discredit to Kalis, he's been killing since that 3 flip in heavy metal. But seriously, this shit has been blown WAY out of proportion.? 

are you joking?

i dont personally know many pros but im sure this is what ANY pro with a family does, or any man for that matter

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »
Dill thinks he should be paid to be a Skate Philosopher/Drug User.

I want that job title so bad.

i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 10:12:43 AM »
dill is not an artist, he he was a good skateboarder 13 years ago, he skates slow and shitty now and wears dumb outfits, its all shcok value.
he's a pathetic mid 30s loser with substance abuse problems, its quite sad.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:32 AM »
i back em both.  the river shit is hilarious.  and sure josh is street but he's drivin around in an m3 and has been pretty high profile with boards and dc shoes for a long time.

i like how he broke out a similar shirt as he was wearing in his young buck footy.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

shut the fuck up

on a side note stop posting

Way to make a valid, contributing point asshole.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
i like how he broke out a similar shirt as he was wearing in his young buck footy.
Just a plaid shirt man.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »
Great episode. I'm really looking forward to this series, Kalis has always been one of my favorites ever since time code.

I don't see why all of you feel the need to choose sides. Sure what Dill said was fucked up, but it's Dill? He says all kinds of crazy shit, sometimes he's right sometimes he's wrong but it's usually always amusing. Him and Kalis are both legends, however Kalis has steadily been pushing himself and has not changed ever, not once. I'm not saying change is bad it's cool, but the drugs and all that really hurt Dill's credibility and being able to talk shit on a hard working pro like Kalis. Pretty much, Dill is a known kook idk why any of you would take it seriously. I can understand Kalis being upset and yes I do feel there was a lack of respect involved there.

At the end of the day, I'm down for both of them. I don't see how Kalis was looped into a category with Dyrdek and Berra, I don't see him like that at all. I guess I could say that he didn't "fit in" on Alien anymore because of the way he dressed and the music he skated to in his parts didn't fit in with the rest of the soundtrack.

I've never met Dill, I have met Kalis when I was a kid and he is awesome, one of the raddest pros if not the raddest pro I ever met.

I'm still down for Alien, I know a lot of you were bashing Alien for Dill's comments, companies change. Some change for the better and some change for the worse(Element). I don't see Alien's change as either really, they are a sick company, and will always be one of my favorites.

I can't wait to see the rest of these episodes.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
Went to a few Workshop demos in my life. Dill never was at any of them. Kalis was at all of them. But that's not to say that Dill's some kind of jerkoff that doesn't make appearances. It's probably just that the acid was really good on those days.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:17 AM »
I also admit I still have absolutely no idea what upriver even means. Dill needs a translator.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

AntiHero88

• Rep: 1
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »
People just have different philosophies of life. Dill lives differently, and Kalis lives differently. Both Dill and Kalis should realize that nobody can project himself as he would like to be seen by others. Sometimes people form an opinion of you that you wish would be different. Kalis and Dill should realize the shortcomings of human beings and let go. In the end, they both need to respect each other for their love of skating.

rockhardcock

• Rep: -22
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
YouTube link?
casual

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
This was so good.

loved both Kalis and Dill in the late nineties, and still like em both now.

does anyone remember the on video where dill is like, the kids what Big Rig, tractor trailor, pull, thrust.
I need a coffee

skateboard pillows

• Rep: 6
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2011, 11:40:36 AM »
much respect to kalis for getting on the phone and defending himself.  lumping him in with dyrdek and berra is insane.  

kevbo999

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »
Someone's gotta find a way to get this shit on Youtube.  The VBS player's so shitty it took me like 20 minutes to watch 3 minutes of that because you can't even pause and let it load.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »
awesome episode. wish they would have saved some of that sheffey stuff and just given him his own episode and focused more on kalis for this episode, but still pretty rad. also don't really understand josh's rationale for being okay with fat bill saying stupid shit. i kind of get where he's coming from, but the way he explained it was kind of odd.

Jupiter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
 :D @ this kalis/dill beff starting to turn into some team edward vs team jacob shit

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
lumping him in with dyrdek and berra is insane. ? 

i can see how anyone would get offended by that. just because josh is smarter with his cash and likes nice things doesn't mean he's not a skate rat.

kallis is sick, great episode, stoked to see what's next...

VictoriousOG

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2011, 12:15:50 PM »
:D @ this kalis/dill beff starting to turn into some team forrest vs team headwound shit
Fixed.

sabeat

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
regardless of kalis position on the river, hes floating on a yacht bought from hard work. Whereas Dill is in his raft, the U.S.S blowin' it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:15:21 PM by sabeat »

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »

RevertEverything

• Rep: 18
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
dill is not an artist, he he was a good skateboarder 13 years ago, he skates slow and shitty now and wears dumb outfits, its all shcok value.
he's a pathetic mid 30s loser with substance abuse problems, its quite sad.

From what I hear Dill is sober now (and hating it).

Skating wise I kind of like Dill but he is a total idiot for talking shit on 1) your teammate and 2) a true skateboarder like Kalis

Great episode, can't wait for more.

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »
i hope they devote part of an episode to discussing his 360 flip