Author Topic: Bearings  (Read 8699 times)

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Bearings
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 09:36:52 PM »
Diamond bearings suck balls. I had the Abec 5 with in 2 hours 3 of them busted. I had some Modus bearings and the lasted for 6 months. Just can't find them in Cali at all. I got them off Dennis I think.

off topic, sorta, but dennis durrant is a treat to watch in person!  ;)

no thanks

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 07:13:16 AM »
indy bearings are good, and cheap.

I wouldn't recommend buying them. I blew out 6 of the 8 bearings in a month. now I just go with the mix and match.

spaghetti

• Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
Expand Quote
indy bearings are good, and cheap.
[close]

I wouldn't recommend buying them. I blew out 6 of the 8 bearings in a month. now I just go with the mix and match.

I don't know, I bought a pair of indy abec 7's a little over a month ago and they are still going strong.  Switched from bones swiss and I coulnd't really tell the difference.

Deep Cover

• Rep: -2
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 03:21:54 AM »
Bones reds. I got a box of Shake Junt OG's, will try them next.

A few years ago I got FLIP HKD Bearings. Not sure what I was thinking ??? Fucking horrible.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 03:36:29 AM »
bearings are the most overrated part on a board.
abec is a industrial norm that only matters if a bearings are used in big machines in factorys.
when skating you wont notice any difference between abec 3 or abec 7.
it's just a trick to make kids buy more expensive bearings.
so stop talking about it.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:20 AM »
abec is a industrial norm that only matters if a bearings are used in big machines in factorys.

At the skatepark a few days ago i was rocking some new wheels and some kid said...

kid: new wheels?
me: yup
kid: what abec are they?
me:

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

At the skatepark a few days ago i was rocking some new wheels and some kid said...

me:
hahahahaha, I've had that happen too. I was at the skatepark last week and some kid was chewing this younger kid out for saying he had spitfire bearings, kept saying "spitfire is wheels dumbass, not bearings. Bearings are bones or skate junt." I made a similar face and told him that spitfire makes bearings (along with almost everyone else) and he didn't talk the rest of the time I was there.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 10:32:16 PM »
I've had a bad time with element thrift wood bearings.  I'm riding some reds and minilogos now.  My local shop owner said the only difference between reds and minilogos are the color of the shield and the price.  So far so good.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
Not a big fan of my Shake Junt's, I usually just skate Reds or Ceramics. Anybody skated FKD's?

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »
Not a big fan of my Shake Junt's, I usually just skate Reds or Ceramics. Anybody skated FKD's?
They really fucking suck.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Hannity

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 03:52:02 AM »
i would say the same but i think if you are really religious in cleaning and maintaining swiss they will definitely spin faster than reds in the long run. but like i could never tolerate cleaning my bearings like every week. maybe once a month. so my swiss are basically like reds now.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 05:40:55 AM »
i always get whatever bearings, pop the shields - good to go.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
i had reds 2 or 3 times in the past and switched to indy bearings to try something new, had them since october or so and they're still going strong.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »
been skating Bones Swiss for half a year now...

gotta be honest.

if you put Reds in there and told me they were Swiss, I wouldn't notice the difference.

yep. i went from reds to swiss to super swiss back to reds within a 10 year span. goes double if you actually take care of your bearings.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »
I skated Zero's Black Widow bearings when I was like 14. I took a couple pushes outside, they locked up and i fell on my face. I didn't pay for them though so it's whatever. Skating the same Reds for 3 years now, still work.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »
been skating Bones Swiss for half a year now...

gotta be honest.

if you put Reds in there and told me they were Swiss, I wouldn't notice the difference.

to me they all feel the same at first, but swiss always last way longer than reds for me before they start to suck or break.

i always get the best bones i can afford. currently ridding ceramics that i got a few years ago and love them.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 07:47:16 PM »
I've had the same set of bones reds for 2 years. I clean them out like every 6 months. Still working fine.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 08:28:59 PM »
I'm horrible at cleaning my bearings. I've had a pair of Bones Swiss for a 1 1/2 now, never cleaned them. Have to soon though, they're getting slow.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
Damn, anybody know where to find  Rock N Rons?

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »
[quote author=finknoos link=topic=50475.msg1443097#msg1443097 date=1304958500

me:
[/quote]

ahhh i love the whole kids comparing abec thing. its honestly hilarious. I cant tell how many kids hopes and dreams i have shattered when i explain that abec means shit. its like i shattered their soul or something.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:48 AM »
[quote author=finknoos link=topic=50475.msg1443097#msg1443097 date=1304958500

me:

ahhh i love the whole kids comparing abec thing. its honestly hilarious. I cant tell how many kids hopes and dreams i have shattered when i explain that abec means shit. its like i shattered their soul or something.
[/quote]

or just try and trip them out, if a kid asks you what abec your bearings are just say "abec 51, best shit arround"

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »
I dont pay too much concern to my bearings. Currently skating some shake junts that are like 8 months old and are still pretty decent, only had like two break on me so far. I also found this big bag of old bearings with all the shields already popped off, so when i break a bearing I just grab one from the bag and put it in my wheel. I wont be needing new bearings for a while.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:39 PM »
I dont pay too much concern to my bearings. Currently skating some shake junts that are like 8 months old and are still pretty decent, only had like two break on me so far. I also found this big bag of old bearings with all the shields already popped off, so when i break a bearing I just grab one from the bag and put it in my wheel. I wont be needing new bearings for a while.
that sounds magical, where did you find that?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 08:27:49 PM »
It was laying in a box in my garage. Not sure how I acquired them, I seriously can't remember why I have a big bag of bearings, but i think a friend might've left em here a long time ago and I must've forgotten about them til now. A lot of em still run pretty smoothly, and even the ones that dont end up breaking back in after a few days of skating anyways.

SReeves

• Rep: 1
    • blog avatar image
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »
Bones Swiss, shields popped off is the jam!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »
fuck man. the two best sets of bearings i've ever owned were a set of quickies that i popped the shields off and sprayed some shit in, and a set of abec 1 lucky's that i got on a complete i won from thrasher. no clue how, but both sets were incredibly fast. i like skating as fast as possible, so i'm terrified of buying bearings. i'm afraid i'm gonna get a shitty pair that are all slow and lock up. i absolutely hate everything powell related. i've only had bad experiences for the most part, but the reds are decent and usually last a while. skating in new england isn't all that great on bearings and neither is all the sand and dirt and puddles i don't give a fuck about riding through. i had some spitfire cheapshots once. bombed a hill and they whipped me down it, but after a week they went to complete shit. i swear by flip hkd 7's, rush bombers, rush abec 9's, and rush ceramics. at cost they all ran under ten dollars when i worked at a skateshop and they were all amazing.  since most places don't carry those i run reds when i have to

when i go skating we end up skating all across the city all day long, so locked up slow bearings can't cut it. i'm all ears on bearing suggestions and how to make them faster.
fuck you bama

7plyskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
I've just recently been given a pair of the reds ceramics, and they are very nice so far. Rolling smooth and quiet as a mouse.

Just curious, whats all this shield popping out talk? I've never heard of it before, so what are the advantages of it?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »
dirt going in your bearings.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 07:50:43 AM »
I've just recently been given a pair of the reds ceramics, and they are very nice so far. Rolling smooth and quiet as a mouse.

Just curious, whats all this shield popping out talk? I've never heard of it before, so what are the advantages of it?

makes your board louder so you sound totally cool and happenin, like when people take the muffler off their car

but really i think most people dont take them off as much as they fall off over time

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2011, 02:03:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fuck man. the two best sets of bearings i've ever owned were a set of quickies that i popped the shields off and sprayed some shit in, and a set of abec 1 lucky's that i got on a complete i won from thrasher. no clue how, but both sets were incredibly fast. i like skating as fast as possible, so i'm terrified of buying bearings. i'm afraid i'm gonna get a shitty pair that are all slow and lock up. i absolutely hate everything powell related. i've only had bad experiences for the most part, but the reds are decent and usually last a while. skating in new england isn't all that great on bearings and neither is all the sand and dirt and puddles i don't give a fuck about riding through. i had some spitfire cheapshots once. bombed a hill and they whipped me down it, but after a week they went to complete shit. i swear by flip hkd 7's, rush bombers, rush abec 9's, and rush ceramics. at cost they all ran under ten dollars when i worked at a skateshop and they were all amazing.  since most places don't carry those i run reds when i have to

when i go skating we end up skating all across the city all day long, so locked up slow bearings can't cut it. i'm all ears on bearing suggestions and how to make them faster.
go to your local store, they'll pimp your abec.