Author Topic: Bearings  (Read 8730 times)

aojiru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Bearings
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:08 AM »

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »
I feel like tbearings are the skate part that actually has the most variation by far.  I've had the best luck with reds, luckys of any ABEC (5s were my favorite), and bones swiss.  Speed demon bearings and reflex bearings both broke completely within a week for me.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

aojiru

• Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
Ordered some Rock N Rons on the 21st of August and still waiting for them to arrive! 

Read some comments on other message boards about their logistics being wonky but had no idea it was this bad!  Guess it's even more so with free shipping and me being in Hawaii.  Hope the boat comes into port soon!

Got tracking info but it's been displaying: Electronic Shipping Info Received ever since it was reported sent on September 1st.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
spitfire

Yep. I bought some Spitfire Burners a couple years ago and they are still rolling fast and smooth. Aside from 1 of the eight bearings they're still quiet too. The removable shields pop on and off easily for cleaning but the shields have never come off while skating. My next set will surely be Spitfire SwissFires, I'm 100% sold on their bearings.

That said, there are other good bearings out there. The Gravity and Honey bearings are awesome, they're longboard companies so they make bearings for speed.

Not all bearings are created equal, regardless on abec rating. I was sent some Independent bearings a few years back and they didn't roll, it was like every bearing was stuck. I tried breaking them in but after several sessions nothing changed. Onthe bright side I never had to chase my board very far.

I disagree with Pica about bearings being overrated. True, the abec rating makes little difference when skating, but the difference between good and bad bearings is huge. I personally like a smooth and quiet ride and my Burners in a set of 56mm Street Cuts is perfect.

Last thing: stay away from WD-40. It collects dirt and overall it's bad for your bearings in the long run. You should always use a greaseless lubricant. Plain old household 3 in 1 oil is much better and essentially the same thing as the bearing lube sold in shops.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:09:15 AM by Schismatic »

TheDonutFather

• Rep: -3
    • DOUBLE DONUTS. avatar image
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 09:07:51 AM »
go to your local store, they'll pimp your abec.

HA~!

Had some Reds on my noob board, slowed down a bit after a few months. got the Triple OG shake junts on my second board and they're still the same as day one.....day one being three months ago haha. One of the shields popped off around the second week and I thought that would fuck it up hut it still works fine.