Author Topic: English skaters  (Read 10355 times)

yoyoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
  • MFS's daughter
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
English skaters
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
ARe blowing my mind. The future of skating is there, I mean steez and creativity are just a given everything else is icing on the cake. Watch brady or jensen or fucking scott plamer. Even peep that uk irland footy on the photo/ video page its so much more enjoyable to watch then kids who feel like the size of their dicks are determined by how many stairs they ollie.
slap heads did not get pete eldridge on mystery.
I am a cultereelist not a racist.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
Re: English skaters
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 07:26:51 PM »
ARe blowing my mind. The future of skating is there, I mean steez and creativity are just a given everything else is icing on the cake. Watch brady or jensen or fucking scott plamer. Even peep that uk irland footy on the photo/ video page its so much more enjoyable to watch then kids who feel like the size of their dicks are determined by how many stairs they ollie.

Fuck the English - they're but a part of our island, the shitty end with no water HA
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

skatenerd33

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 07:27:04 PM »
Agreed with yoyoyoyo.Those bloaks always do it to me.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:30:58 PM »
Fuck the English - they're but a part of our island, the shitty end with no water HA

"It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!" - Mark Renton

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the fucking Earth! The most wretched miserable servile pathetic trash that was ever shat on civilization. Some people hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonized by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to get colonized by. We're ruled by effete assholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!" - Mark Renton

Yeah that quote was classic, totally spot on, ahhh, then watching Junkies, managing to actually run hahaha, in real life watching Junkies run is funnier

But we might have been colonised by those fucking wankers in red coats then moved off the fucking land for sheep instead, but we've got the fuckign water now, eh boys, we've got the fucking water now ! ! !

Ohh having a wee English drought are you - WAAAHHH WAHHHH, no, no fucking water for you boys, it's ALL Scottish, however you can buy that shit from us, but it's going to cost you, i think i'll just go and let the taps run, maybe flush the toilet a few more times for now reason, that should get rid of a few more gallons.

But fuck it, i'm not Welsh

yoyoyo

• MFS's daughter
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 07:52:35 PM »
I just want to reiterate that neil smith is a beast, not because he does crazy shit I never really cared for that kind of stuff, but that hes doin crazy shit in the UK you have any idea how expensive health insurance is over there. That man is permantly putting his body on the line, this aint canada, when he's fucked he's fucked.

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 08:32:19 PM »
Uh, doesn't the UK have the NHS?

yoyoyo

• MFS's daughter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 08:38:40 PM »
yeagh but its shit.

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 11:48:24 PM »
chewy brady and jensen are sick the rest of them are a bit b grade

Burgalveist

• Rep: 11
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 11:51:42 PM »
yeagh but its shit.
Depends what part fo England you're in.

And regardless of what county of England you reside, a broken leg going to be fixed up sharpish where ever.

captain sensible

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 11:55:17 PM »
i spent a good protion of my summer in the uk and i had a great time but honestly the level of skating over there is just not up to par with what the u.s. pros are doing. Those dudes in the u.k. are sick and they have a good scene over there but face it, aside from a handful of dudes the majority of u.k. pros would probably not be flow over here(southern cali or the u.s.). sorry . .

neon blitz

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 02:25:59 AM »
there is probably more skaters in cali than in the whole U.K put together

but ive been in parks in U.S and not seen 1 good skater, the standards are higher over here considering the amount

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 02:39:20 AM »
Well, the first generation of 90's pros were easily some of the best in the world: Geoff Rowley, Carl Shipman, Tom Penny, Brian Sumner, Mike Manzoori, Andy Scott, Simon Evans, Paul Shire, John Rattray, Luke McKirdy (not a pro, but easily pro standard), Marc Baines etc.

But maybe the whole point of Blueprint is to help the UK skatescene for the long-term, so that it's not entirely dependent on the US. I think they've achieved that, ok they might not be up to the same standard of Zero/Girl/Blind/Baker, but they've done a lot, with relatively little to start with (i.e money/riders/spots etc).

neon blitz

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 04:51:52 AM »
Well, the first generation of 90's pros were easily some of the best in the world: Geoff Rowley, Carl Shipman, Tom Penny, Brian Sumner, Mike Manzoori, Andy Scott, Simon Evans, Paul Shire, John Rattray, Luke McKirdy (not a pro, but easily pro standard), Marc Baines etc.

But maybe the whole point of Blueprint is to help the UK skatescene for the long-term, so that it's not entirely dependent on the US. I think they've achieved that, ok they might not be up to the same standard of Zero/Girl/Blind/Baker, but they've done a lot, with relatively little to start with (i.e money/riders/spots etc).

blueprint r alot better than zero, baker and blind.....girl is the best team in skateboarding arguably so thats a given

immortal

• Rep: 1
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 05:06:28 AM »
HOWARD COOKE

neon blitz

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 05:13:06 AM »
benny fairfax and olly todd r out there now
lucian clarke and conhuir lynn are ones to watch 4 the future...altho conhuirs from blefast

p-jay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 05:46:02 AM »
how the hell are they ones to watch? if you like boring skating maybe

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:17 AM »
Yeah, but you're above us, p-jay. How could you not be, with an exciting and contemporary nickname like that.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:57:14 AM »
how the hell are they ones to watch? if you like boring skating maybe

Do you actually know who they are ?

Cliche Guevara

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 07:00:21 AM »

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 07:14:04 AM »
english skaters are good as fuck. Blueprint has so many mad good skaters.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

skatenerd33

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:40:38 AM »
They may not all be "up to par" as someone put it but fact is the product comes out much more appealing than skaters in the US to me.Maybe i'm simple like that but at the end the day, skating that is visually appealing is the only fucking thing that matters.Watch the landscape promo..

Chris from Essex

• Rep: 4
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 07:50:54 AM »
Well, they're not - but I'm not criticizing Blueprint anyway. I think they've done quite a lot for British skating, but there is no way on earth that they're in the same league as Blind, Zero or Baker - we're talking about Creager, Greco, Reynolds, Dollin, Cole, Thomas etc. In any case, the UK "super team" is Flip.

Expand Quote

[close]

blueprint r alot better than zero, baker and blind.....girl is the best team in skateboarding arguably so thats a given
:-X

ed

• Rep: 11
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »
english skaters are good as fuck. Blueprint has so many mad good skaters.

Yes, everyone who steps on a skateboard in England is "mad good"

Right now Mackie is ripping, see that east edit for the Big Push that's in photo/video

neon blitz

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 08:07:05 AM »
zero have thomas a skateboarding ledgend in most eyes and cole, in my opinion there both boring as fuck to watch altho they have both had there moments as far as crazy tricks go, everyone else on the zero team outside of tommy are even more boring and doing the exact same tricks on the exact same shit, i never got why there videos sell so well (good advertising and marketing probs) , there all the same, search for skatecritic on google, he has a funny ass review of dying to live.....

blind, i have to give credit to blind for putting on cerenzi, but i just cant handle watching most of the stuff they put out more than once....creager is a ledgend but that goes unsaid, cutting it short ...if u think the modern day blind team is better than blueprint..ur crazy..watch there video's.....blueprint all day

baker are a team based on gimmick skaters and made so that they appeal to basically everyone, they have some good skaters, but as a team and the videos they put out, not comparing to blueprint

i left some names out of this for the simple fact that some pro's will prolly track down my house and kill me...lol

HUSH

• Rep: 1
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 08:16:18 AM »
Mark Baines and Paul Shier were so sick in Waiting For The World. 

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 08:25:30 AM »
I'll have to get on this later on as i'm busy as fuck right now at work, but i'd say the most infulencial "pros" in American in the last 10 years have all been British. . .

Penny, Shipman, Rowley, Wainright, McCann

If Neil Urwin had wanted it he'd have given most Yank pro's a run for there money Reese Forbes being one of  them

As for the Scottish all i can say is "H'min Bam" and that was all re-filmed after Al's computer malfuctioned and it had to all be re-done

isaac

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 08:30:52 AM »
Shipman
Rowley
Manzoori
Simon Evans
Fairfax
Todd

all aces, no matter where you live.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »
WTF - Was a pretty good video

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »
im backing the english scene. i was lucky enough to get waiting for the world a little ahead of most people due to this small dist. company where i live (blue collar). the guy there had me getting blueprint boards before i even knew who any of the pros where then he sent me a copy of w.f.t.w. and i was blown away. it was just what skating needed at the time.

i feel as though a lot of people have tried to copy that videos feel along with copying aws and habitat.

I need a coffee