Author Topic: It is really Karl Watson  (Read 69614 times)

Goblinshark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: It is really Karl Watson
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2011, 04:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn, I've seen a couple clips from that Jon guy and he's seriously really fucking good. That's lame to hear he wasn't down for it.
[close]

His whole crew went through what he went through as well. I used to always go to Berkeley and would see just the pack of them all skate all fucking day. I don't know any of them personally but the guys that were dope was Little D, and that guy they call Chubs and even that japanese guy that shoots photos for Thrasher now was always there skating too. I think most of them just got into high school life with smoking weed and being interested in girls.

Jon was always the best one out of the bunch but just slowed down during high school. I remember when playing SKATE started to get big and he comes up to everyone and said he just learned this tirck and does a dolphin flip first try. No one was doing that shit except for Darrell Stanton.

True story: when I was in 5th grade my family went to like Stinson beach with some other families and Chubs went with us. Its a trip having seen him grow up since he was like 8 or 9. I'm always stoked on his and lil D's coverage. I remember one time Jon was ollieing over the wall at berkeley park (off the tiny box over the wall to the twinkie) and tried to while eating a slice of pizza. I saw him slam and red stuff went everywhere and I thought it was brains at first. Its a shame he's wasted so much talent. Also I'm pretty sure I've skated with more than one person in this thread at some point and I'm curious about who I know that posts on SLAP now! Also, Karl have you seen any of Stephen Serrano's footy lately?
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

BlackDemonShreds

• Rep: -4
« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
Hey Karl, I wanted to know how you kept your dreads up to par. Do you have any words of wisdom regarding dreads seeing as you have had them for a long time.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #242 on: May 21, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
Hey Karl, I wanted to know how you kept your dreads up to par. Do you have any words of wisdom regarding dreads seeing as you have had them for a long time.
There's this stuff called Natures Blessings  that works wonders. But dreads are always a work in progress. Thanks for taking note my man. Good luck with your locks.

Eon

• Rep: -9
« Reply #243 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:35 AM »
touch nose if real

makingwinewidraisins

• Rep: 3
« Reply #244 on: May 26, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »
Hey Karl how you doin man? This is so cool that a legend like you posts on here. alright il get off your nuts to ask you a question

Whats the gnarliest hill you ever bombed in S.F?

shadowperson

« Reply #245 on: May 26, 2011, 12:15:06 PM »
Karl is wanted to say thanks.
When I was a kid you were one the nicest pros i'd ever met.
That was pretty cool.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2011, 12:30:37 AM »
Hey Karl how you doin man? This is so cool that a legend like you posts on here. alright il get off your nuts to ask you a question

Whats the gnarliest hill you ever bombed in S.F?
Haha... Thats hella cool man   :D  

Lets see...The gnarliest hilsl i've ever bombed  in S.F has to be some of those hills on Backside 9th run. But the funnest to bomb are right on the top of Haight St.  You know those 3 hills at the end of upper Haight and end up in lower Haight? Too much fun!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:06:31 AM by ORGANIKARL »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
Karl is wanted to say thanks.
When I was a kid you were one the nicest pros i'd ever met.
That was pretty cool.
You know, that makes me feel real good man.

Where did we meet at? :D