Author Topic: DEAD FUCKING ISLAND  (Read 9508 times)

landCow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: DEAD FUCKING ISLAND
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »
finished it last night. the first half i really enjoyed but by the time i got to the jungle i was aching for something different. I started to ignore the side missions and focus on the mains because i didn't care anymore. by the prison i wasn't even killing zombies anymore i was running past everything in an effort to get it done.

it felt like a chore playing the game. the final boss fight was shit taking no skill. its shoot, die, respawn, shoot again and repeat gradually wearing the boss down.

oh and lastly the storyline very quickly developed into one large cliche, i swear i've seen similar plots in pretty much every zombie film ever made. the cut scenes were embarrassing. there were a few moments that were supposed to be dramatic and emotional like the original trailer but BADLY missed the mark. and the ending after all that work is fucking pathetic.

all up 4/10

It might be less of a grind playing co op but it will be a while before i try that.   

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »
finished it last night. the first half i really enjoyed but by the time i got to the jungle i was aching for something different. I started to ignore the side missions and focus on the mains because i didn't care anymore. by the prison i wasn't even killing zombies anymore i was running past everything in an effort to get it done.

it felt like a chore playing the game. the final boss fight was shit taking no skill. its shoot, die, respawn, shoot again and repeat gradually wearing the boss down.

oh and lastly the storyline very quickly developed into one large cliche, i swear i've seen similar plots in pretty much every zombie film ever made. the cut scenes were embarrassing. there were a few moments that were supposed to be dramatic and emotional like the original trailer but BADLY missed the mark. and the ending after all that work is fucking pathetic.

all up 4/10

It might be less of a grind playing co op but it will be a while before i try that.   

I was gonna come here and say all of that just not as well written. I liked the game a little more than you did tho, there were times where I actually jumped. Its done and now I wont go into the sewers or cities. I wish the whole game wasnt about kicking and running. Hitting The Butcher with my truck made me stoked! If they make a sequel or a game about robots id play it. Oh and fuck survivors that get hit by Thug once and die.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
oh yeah i jumped a few times too! walking through a building, turn a corner and holy shit theres a zombie in my face! that actually surprised me as I assumed zombies were no longer scary. so i give it points for that.

BUT...... that was only in the first half of the game which i enjoyed. after a while it became more of the same scares like everything in the game. its a shame I would honestly love to rate the game higher.