Author Topic: Omar Hassan  (Read 7111 times)

nosporlactune

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Omar Hassan
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:15 AM »
He's been killing it for such a long time, yet doesn't get the love/coverage that some of his contemporaries do/did. Hopefully he's reaching legend status though. He's also a super nice dude.

Man

Re: Omar Hassan
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »
LIVING LEGEND
I don't get why he's so underrated...did he punched phelps?

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 11:28:13 PM »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
Agreed all around. No idea why Omar is so overlooked. He kills any terrain he wants and has been doing so for a long time.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 03:11:55 PM »
Dude kills it, never understood why he doesn't get the love from skating he deserves.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
Dude kills it, never understood why he doesn't get the love from skating he deserves.

Couldn't agree more. Honestly, I've been watching the shit out of that Hell of a year video. It gets my psyched to go ride every time I watch it. Hassan is such a stylish and powerful skater with a ton of tricks.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »
Damn that headwound is super gnarly...

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 05:58:29 AM »
LIVING LEGEND

Don't know if that has anything to do with his underrated status, but he at least punched the AH dudes. Maybe Phelps was in the mix?

Excerpt form Tony Trujillo interview from 2005
"I?m not trying to fight but they were getting in our faces and then Omar?s whole team got into it, we were hammered on the Beam we were just hammered you know, what the fuck. It was still light out almost all of them had weed and couldn?t handle it and they were trying to step up but we got our asses kicked!

We left at 7 in the morning to get on the train and we were outside of the hotel and Omar hears us outside and he came out of the hotel to the front of the hotel and getting in my face what you still want some? You think T.A (Tony Alva) knocked your teeth out I?ll knock your fucking teeth back!?Do you remember Marseille a few years back?"

Anyhow, i don't think he's banned from Thrasher, he appears in there, no?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:00:17 AM by poster »

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
LIVING LEGEND
[close]

Don't know if that has anything to do with his underrated status, but he at least punched the AH dudes. Maybe Phelps was in the mix?

Excerpt form Tony Trujillo interview from 2005
Expand Quote
"I?m not trying to fight but they were getting in our faces and then Omar?s whole team got into it, we were hammered on the Beam we were just hammered you know, what the fuck. It was still light out almost all of them had weed and couldn?t handle it and they were trying to step up but we got our asses kicked!

We left at 7 in the morning to get on the train and we were outside of the hotel and Omar hears us outside and he came out of the hotel to the front of the hotel and getting in my face what you still want some? You think T.A (Tony Alva) knocked your teeth out I?ll knock your fucking teeth back!?Do you remember Marseille a few years back?"
[close]

Anyhow, i don't think he's banned from Thrasher, he appears in there, no?

This rings a bell now, actually. I remember hearing something about Omar fighting (or stepping to) someone in that camp. The nickname 'Bromar' was floating around awhile after because of it.